Random Facts!

Black Ops forum

In Arkansas it is illegal to blare a car horn where ice cold beverages or sandwiches are served after 9 p.m.
sux0rjo
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - the fear of long words
uZi5
the real name for your elbow skin is wenis,

20% of Americans don't know were Canada is,, what a shame

most Americans don't know that they have lost a war before,, so no they don't have a undefeated record.
Weird-Wire
37 people have been killed by vending machines
KillerRabbit091

KillerRabbit091 wrote:

37 people have been killed by vending machines

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission there were 37 known vending machine fatalities between 1978 and 1995.

Weird-Wire wrote:

the real name for your elbow skin is wenis

The back of the elbow is called the Olecranal and the front of the elbow is called the Antecubital.

Weenus is a band from south Boston.

WENUS is joke-ronym from Friends for Weekly Estimated Net Usage Statistics.

The etymology of Wenis being from Wisen is a joke since "gullible" is not in the dictionary.

Other elbow anatomy term can be found at http://www.joint-pain-expert.net/elbow-anatomy.html

¿¿¿¿IiIiIi¿¿¿¿ wrote:

Coconuts kill more people than sharks each year.

There has never been a recorded incident of a coconut killing a shark.

Blaze745 wrote:

The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.

In 1896 Henry Heinz came up with one of the most recognized slogans in advertising history: "57 Varieties." This catch phrase had nothing to do with the actual number of varieties produced by H. J. Heinz which, by then, totaled over 60 (including plum pudding, strawberry preserve, India relish, olive oil, spaghetti, euchred pickle, currant jelly, chili sauce, peanut butter, and celery soup). Heinz was riding an elevated train in New York when he saw an advertisement in the train car promoting "21 styles" of shoes; struck by the concept, and recognizing that catchiness and resonance were far more important qualities for a company slogan than literal accuracy.

http://www.heinz.com/our-company/press-room/trivia.aspx

Blaze745 wrote:

Karoke means "empty orchestra" in Japanese.

Karaoke is a portmanteau of kara, "empty," and okesutora, "orchestra".

Blaze745 wrote:

When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.

When the body dies, some cells may live for a short time. Without nourishment and oxygen (supplied by the blood), the cells die. The appearance of continued nail and hair growth is due to the dehydration of the corpse: the soft tissues shrivel and the hard nails and hair do not.

BEING A ID10T wrote:

DEAD SPACE is the only game where you can display drop kicking a baby, and no one will say its wrong

People do say it's wrong. Fortunately, most of those people wouldn't play Dead Space.

Here's an oldie: www.joblo.com/games/kickthebaby.htm

Unfortunately, Nintendo frowned on the Kick the Baby mode in South Park for N64.

Fuzzydude0 wrote:

No (real) word in the English language rhymes with Silver, Purple, or Orange.

Quicksilver rhymes with silver.

Papal, people, ripple, usurpal (adj. form of Usurp), Constantinople, and a slew of other words rhyme with purple.

Depending on your pronunciation of orange, flange rhymes.

Rhyme: correspondence in sounds of units of composition or utterance often focusing on terminal sounds.

compare perfect rhyme, full rhyme, exact rhyme, and true rhyme

SoylentBob

Fuzzydude0 wrote:

If you can find one that rhymes with porridge, you win a cookie.

I beg to differ!!!!!! this is true there is a word that rhymes with purple!!!! It's "hurple" definition: to limp while dragging one leg behind. This is no lie it is honestly a real word! Can i have my cookie
mrpandaman

mrpandaman wrote:

Fuzzydude0 wrote:

If you can find one that rhymes with porridge, you win a cookie.

I beg to differ!!!!!! this is true there is a word that rhymes with purple!!!! It's "hurple" definition: to limp while dragging one leg behind. This is no lie it is honestly a real word! Can i have my cookie

Actually, Hirple and Curple are both Scottish words. Curple is a horse's rear (corruption of crupper).
SoylentBob
It is illegal in Michigan to tie a crocodile to a telephone pole on Telegraph rd.

also.... In Arkansas it is illegal to consumate with the lights on

and.....It is illegal in Pennsylvania for a wife to drive a car without her husband walking in front of it with a flag.
Astarothstar

Astarothstar wrote:

also.... In Arkansas it is illegal to consumate with the lights on

What?? But i love watchin what im doing!!

Krazed46
the M&M factory is in chicago.(home of the M&M cookie)
catchfan07

Studios