Random rank reset - faq

Black Ops forum

rawtoast wrote:

 

joeymofoo wrote:

 

+1



This is a bug and it kind of defeats the point of the game being released.





No. we have no proof it's a bug because the company doesn't respond to anyone on this issue it seems..





Yes. We have proof that it is a bug because so many people are having the same problem. There is even a FAQ about this problem.
joeymofoo
Likes: 0
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎25-10-2008

joeymofoo wrote:

 

rawtoast wrote:

 

joeymofoo wrote:

 

+1



This is a bug and it kind of defeats the point of the game being released.





No. we have no proof it's a bug because the company doesn't respond to anyone on this issue it seems..





Yes. We have proof that it is a bug because so many people are having the same problem. There is even a FAQ about this problem.





ya but out of the 30,000 players playing black ops there has to be a certain percentage of people boosting. i mean of 30,000 players you don't think it's fair to say 2,000 have actually had their stats reset do to boosting? & if you agree that is a fair number, out of the 2000 don't you feel it's fairly possible 200 or more people are only coming here because they are mad they've been caught & basically lost $60 & are now turning it around on the company? Also posting to save face with their online buddies? I think it's more than possible all the people here have had there stats reset due to their own actions & not to poor coding...
rawtoast
Likes: 0
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎22-10-2010
Thus, I lose all my faith in online FPS games for the PC... especially the CoD series, with this epicly retarded reply.
joeymofoo
Likes: 0
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎25-10-2008

joeymofoo wrote:

 

Thus, I lose all my faith in online FPS games for the PC... especially the CoD series, with this epicly retarded reply.





it's not retarted. the fact is how many players are actually posting about being plagued with this issue? a few hundred? out of 30,000 players that's not really an issue.. & they very we'll could be boosters/cheaters posting here to save face with their online buddies & use a simple excuse like "blame the game co for poorly coded game, cause i don't cheat or boost" (that was easy)
rawtoast
Likes: 0
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎22-10-2010
@Rawtoast coming out with a load of figures off the top of your head doesn't make your argument any more valid. Nobody but Treyarch know how many people have boosted, I'm sure lots of people have and have had their stats reset, but that is completely irrelevant.



Treyarch state:



Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards will revive a temp ban, complete stats reset and have leaderboard entries removed.



I have lost my rank and prestige but I still appear on the leaderboards and I didn't receive a ban, I personally know I have not boosted but surely this suggests even to skeptics/trolls such as yourself that this is a problem with the game.



I have played black ops for 335 hours and I was formally 11th Prestige level 45 these are not the stats of someone boosting.



Why haven't the devs bothered to respond and get people like you off the backs of people who have been victims of this bug? Well do they ever respond quickly? You could equally say, if we are all boosting why doesn't Treyarch just come out and close down all these threads. I suspect they just haven't got a clue what the problem is and when they do they will announce it.



Trashing everyone who has been effected doesn't help - but then I realise helping isn't on you're agenda.
johndkirkby
Likes: 0
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎20-08-2008

johndkirkby wrote:

 



I have played black ops for 335 hours and I was formally 11th Prestige level 54 these are not the stats of someone boosting.






kawz
Likes: 68
Posts: 1934
Registered: ‎18-08-2011
45
johndkirkby
Likes: 0
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎20-08-2008

Blackjack Nova wrote:

 

I will donate $100 dollars to the charity of choice of the developer who takes ownership of this crushing issue.





That's ridiculous. You are essentially offering to reward Treyarch for an issue they should be dealing with without incentives.



If your aim is to make an example out of what you believe to be Treyarch's lack of response, then let the story develop before taking it to a gaming-related media outlet. Write a story around the turnout and submit that story and all its publication rights to said media outlet. Either Treyarch will come off as a hero and your issue will be addressed, or they'll come off as an uncaring corp. Easy.



- F
Flashback_Jack
Likes: 0
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎25-11-2010

johndkirkby wrote:

 

@Rawtoast coming out with a load of figures off the top of your head doesn't make your argument any more valid. Nobody but Treyarch know how many people have boosted, I'm sure lots of people have and have had their stats reset, but that is completely irrelevant.



Treyarch state:



Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards will revive a temp ban, complete stats reset and have leaderboard entries removed.



I have lost my rank and prestige but I still appear on the leaderboards and I didn't receive a ban, I personally know I have not boosted but surely this suggests even to skeptics/trolls such as yourself that this is a problem with the game.



I have played black ops for 335 hours and I was formally 11th Prestige level 45 these are not the stats of someone boosting.



Why haven't the devs bothered to respond and get people like you off the backs of people who have been victims of this bug? Well do they ever respond quickly? You could equally say, if we are all boosting why doesn't Treyarch just come out and close down all these threads. I suspect they just haven't got a clue what the problem is and when they do they will announce it.



Trashing everyone who has been effected doesn't help - but then I realise helping isn't on you're agenda.





Call it trashing if you like, I'm just stating a fact that player stats do get reset for boosting/cheating. If your a victim of a game bug i won't believe it till it happens to me or the devs say "it's a bug that will be addressed in our next patch" There's no reason for me to stretch my imagination & think legit players receive stat reset..
rawtoast
Likes: 0
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎22-10-2010

rawtoast wrote:

 

Call it trashing if you like, I'm just stating a fact that player stats do get reset for boosting/cheating. If your a victim of a game bug i won't believe it till it happens to me or the devs say "it's a bug that will be addressed in our next patch" There's no reason for me to stretch my imagination & think legit players receive stat reset..





I'm not getting rank resets, but currently I could make a screen shot of my Hardline Pro achievements that shows package shares 6/10 even though I managed to get that done and purchase the pro version. Also my contracts get reset each time I reload the game, and if I don't finish the requirements to get a pro perk it'll get reset to whatever previous value it had before this bug started happening to me. Seems like a similar database corruption.



So while you may not have any reason to think it exists, that's not really relevant, the important part is that Treyarch looks into it, and verifies the validity of the issue. Either way you don't have any skin in the game so I'm not sure why you're trolling people.
Twizzle777
Likes: 0
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎22-11-2010

Studios