Really Treyarch? skill based match making? are you sure?

Black Ops forum

this game is unplayable unless you party up..

I have no problem going up against clans and parties, but the scrubs treyarch puts me with its just getting worse and worse

I have a 3.63kd with a 300spm  and my team mates are like .9 kd's 1.0 kds spms are like 180spm's... really treyarch?

i dont rage at the game or the enemy... i rage at my team mates.. just watching how stupid they are or how oblivious they are.. or how bad their aim is..

sometimes its lag, and i dont expect everyone one to be on my level, people need to develope, but when all 5 of my teamates are negative camping in corners, because they cant win gun fights, and im taking on 3 to 4 enemies myself, or running the flag by myself with no help, no defense.. i get pissed .. watching there pov and see them on the other side of the map camping in a window waiting for that 1 kill.. i get mad enough that i could break something.. (this is ctf by the way).. just tired of doing sooo well, and still losing to inferior players..

parties and clans should not be allowed in public matches, only league... thats my opinion

eRr0R_6_
7 REPLIES 7

Funny coincidence, just before reading this I had a game of hctdm where I went 30 - 3 and we lost .

gotsomestars Level 75

glad im not the only one then

eRr0R_6_

While I sympathize with your plight of useless teamates (I get more than my fair share of them as well), it's not the party or the clan that beat you.  It's your own teams lack of skill and corrdination that did you in.  I know that you're a good player but we both know that one guy often can't carry the team if the others are ineffective.  Unfortunately, in public matches you get a mixed bag of players.  Everything from top notch guys to somebodys 4 year old brother that has finally figured out how to get into a match and lord help you if the 4 year old has a friend to splitscreen with.  You would think that League play would be better but from what I've seen and read, it's so full of quiters that the result is pretty much the same.  The only way around this is to party up.  Anymore playing solo makes consistency quite difficult if you actually play the objective and go for the win.

phxs72

that is a good point and i think your right, what i hate about partying up is

i like to come and go.. i may play a few games, then i like to leave maybe watch tv or i might wanna cook dinner, i do play for a long time sometimes, but its kind of broken up

also when i am partied up, it seens to add a sort of lag into my gaming. so for those 2 reasons i dont like partying up, thou i may have to

eRr0R_6_

The Match Making system needs some work, that is for sure.

If one of the goals of the match making system is to achieve an even player base, it should not even use SPM as factor, at least not how it is being currently calculated.

The SPM is a useless stat in its current form.  A true SPM should also take into account all of the negative stuff a player does, like subtract out the number of deaths they had which resulted in the other team getting positive points.  SPM should reflect everything that is in the point system, which would mean that someone could have a negative SPM as well.

As a side note, whatever the last update/hotfix included, I noticed a change in something about the the lobbies I am being put into, and how during game startup when players are still showing the symbol for still not being full being loaded into the game yet the ping graph is displaying full green bars as apposed to a single red bar like prior to the update.  A lot of times prior to the update I was picked as host and could easily tell by the ping graph that I was the only one with full green bars during the game startup cycle, while everyone else was still shown as single red bar just before they bounced up to green. Now that is no longer the case, I still feel as I am getting pick as host, but can't use the graph prior to game startup for conformation.  So even though nothing was mention in the patch notes about match making, they are still making tweaks. Unfortunately they are not always for the better.

Jake02

I'm pretty sure that I'm drawing host almost every game now.  Not that it's a problem since hosting wasn't really a problem for me before but I've noticed that I'm almost always the first one spawned in and I get the so and so is connected message for each player at the beginning of the match whereas I used to only see that on occassion.  On the plus side, I'm not finding myself playing with a 3 bar too much anymore.

phxs72

I've also notice a increase in the full green bar lobbies since the last update, but I am still not convinced that it is the match making finding better/local connected players, or just a ruse with the ping graph.  The actual game play is about the same, however I have also notice a increase in those one or two guys that you just can not take down in a one on one confrontation.  I also started to pay more attention to connected messages since the ping graph is not an option anymore.

Jake02

Studios