Regarding shutters, fixes, patches, server recommendations.

Black Ops forum

EDIT: I am not the author of the original post, I just stated the information found on different forums. I do not take any credit for finding this information. I merely reposted this information, so that more people will read it, giving them a fair share in an amazing online experience.

First of all, Make sure you have the newest version of DirectX installed.

Regarding Singleplayer and Multiplayer:

Step 1: Disable the Steam community in-game from steam's settings.

Step 2: Open up your task manager (Ctrl+alt+del), and go to the processes tab.

The process steam32.exe should be set to low priority, and the blackOps process should be set to high priority.

If your Singleplayer is still shuttering, then I'm sorry, please wait patiently till a patch will come out.

Regarding multiplayer:

Enable the console from the game settings and press `

r_multiGPU

Do you have more then 1 Graphics Card installed in your computer, keep this at '1'.

If you have 1 graphics card, or you are unsure, set it to '0'

r_multithreaded_device

This should be fine, but some noticed the game improves when set at '0'

r_blur_allowed

If you have a good shader card, this really doesn't matter, but it won't hurt if you set it to '0'

r_distortion

If you have a good shader card, this really doesn't matter, but it won't hurt if you set it to '0'

rate

If you set this to high, you might overflood your connection to the server. Set this to low, and you might suffer not receiving/sending enough packages. Keep this at default (25000) if you don't know what I mean.

To improve your hitrating, use the following commands:

cl_maxpackets 100

snaps 30

Regarding the latest patch and upcoming patches.

Most people think the patches don't do anything. However, the patch as of 11/11 made a drastic improvement, making the multiplayer experience lag-free for me. However, it is also required that all servers are resetted so that they are able to use full use of the patches.

Therefor, I recommend you to play on the gameservers.com servers, who reset their servers on a regular basis.

If you have any more questions, please contact costumer support.*

*I am not a member of the costumer support team, nor do I have any affiliation with the company. I am just sharing the fixes that made my online and offline experiences better then ever before.
anve94
14 REPLIES 14
If you do not want to use the console every time you start up the game, you can also change SOME options in your config file.

Please make you sure that if you decide to change your config file, that you make a back-up from your original file, and have the read-only box checked in the properties.
anve94
At work at the moment, but I will gladly try this when I get home. (If you could, PM me your steam ID so I can update you! And give you appropriate thanks if need.)
Mustaches
this have already been posted and this is soooo copied from that thread, close thread
dttz

dttz wrote:

this have already been posted and this is soooo copied from that thread, close thread

I can't help it some people are to lazy to use a search function. Also, like I said, I am just sharing my experience that helped me fix this. I never took any credit for this information, nor did I say I am the author. However, becuase I am a mature person, I will update my Original post.

Now you be 'trollin.
anve94
If these work you have to set this every time you play?
Thingriz

Thingriz wrote:

If these work you have to set this every time you play?

Yes, however, you don't have to for all settings, because some can be found in your MP config file. (located in your steam folder)
anve94
I am having a lot of screenlagg in this game, i bought it yesterday and i can't even navigate in the menu on a normal way.. Some people i know from a game forum told me not to change any files or do any commands because it can create even more lagg when we get a patch.. Is this true or what?

( i saw the topic starter was dutch so maybe you can help me, using the pm system on this site. (in dutch, my english is not that good)

Thnx!
monstuurke
Disabling Steam community in-game made HUGE improvements for me...although I still can't get kills...lol.
Gutterhead

I am having a lot of screenlagg in this game, i bought it yesterday and i can't even navigate in the menu on a normal way.. Some people i know from a game forum told me not to change any files or do any commands because it can create even more lagg when we get a patch.. Is this true or what?

( i saw the topic starter was dutch so maybe you can help me, using the pm system on this site. (in dutch, my english is not that good)

Thnx!

That's why I said you should create a back-up from your original file, so you can revert everything back when a patch comes out.

For the commands, they are not saved, but are reset every time you restart the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daarom zei ik dus dat je ff een back-up van je config file moet maken, zodat mocht er een patch uitkomen, je de standaard instellingen nog hebt.

Over the commando's, die worden gereset naar de standaard instellingen als je de game opnieuw opstart.

Kortom: je hoeft je geen zorgen te maken!
anve94

Studios