Reznov *Spoiler*

Black Ops forum

***Disclaimer***

This post contains information that spoils parts of the story of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Viewer discretion is advised.

To those of you who have completed and paid attention to the story; you know that Reznov really died during the Vorkuta escape. Any ideas as to which SPECIFIC moment he died? I would like to know. I played through the Vorkuta mission and found no definitive moment where he could have died...
Bduff123
Likes: 1
Posts: 872
Registered: ‎09-03-2009
38 REPLIES 38
Wow, this is specific. haha. I mean, if I were to speculate, at the end of the Vorkuta mission where he is on the truck on his own, I imagine he was killed on the spot, or he was captured, and then probably very shortly after, taken off to the side and shot. I don't imagine him being alive for much longer after that mission, since Hudson said he was dead for 5 years later in the campaign, putting that time around the same time as that mission right?



I mean maybe there are more specifics in the intel you can find or in some dialogue I missed, but thats my personal guest.
AHXtreme421
Likes: 0
Posts: 318
Registered: ‎21-06-2008
He isn't shown to have died, its assumed that when you jump onto the train, he is killed by the Soviets.



I, for one, think Reznov's death is the reason sniping sucks in Black Ops.
HackedShot44
Likes: 1
Posts: 390
Registered: ‎18-07-2009
he died a few moments after u jumped on the train idk remember what mission but during the briefing (cutscene) it shows him and like 10 other spetnaz surronding him and then it stops... but hey u never know cough captain price cough
get_own
Likes: 0
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎28-05-2010

AHXtreme42 wrote:

 

Wow, this is specific. haha. I mean, if I were to speculate, at the end of the Vorkuta mission where he is on the truck on his own, I imagine he was killed on the spot, or he was captured, and then probably very shortly after, taken off to the side and shot. I don't imagine him being alive for much longer after that mission, since Hudson said he was dead for 5 years later in the campaign, putting that time around the same time as that mission right?



I mean maybe there are more specifics in the intel you can find or in some dialogue I missed, but thats my personal guest.



After you get out of the chair in Revelations Hudson tells you that he died during the escape.
Bduff123
Likes: 1
Posts: 872
Registered: ‎09-03-2009
Yeah, so it definitely isn't shown or specified then by the game. Leave it to the imagination I guess!
AHXtreme421
Likes: 0
Posts: 318
Registered: ‎21-06-2008

get own wrote:

 

he died a few moments after u jumped on the train idk remember what mission but during the briefing (cutscene) it shows him and like 10 other spetnaz surronding him and then it stops... but hey u never know cough captain price cough





The Nova 6 mission, were you assault a German outpost in an Arctic wasteland, is more then likely in the 40's, just after WW2, as you meet Dimitri again, and he has healed from being attacked at the Reigstage. (Yes, W@W knowledge is required to piece parts together)



AHXtreme42 wrote:

 

Yeah, so it definitely isn't shown or specified then by the game. Leave it to the imagination I guess!





Most time-period prisions (especially in the USSR) would have him shot for the uprising and murder of guards.
HackedShot44
Likes: 1
Posts: 390
Registered: ‎18-07-2009

AHXtreme42 wrote:

 

Yeah, so it definitely isn't shown or specified then by the game. Leave it to the imagination I guess!



That is a . They should have shown his death during Revelations; Reznov was a badass who deserves specific closure.
Bduff123
Likes: 1
Posts: 872
Registered: ‎09-03-2009

Bduff123 wrote:

 

AHXtreme42 wrote:

 

Yeah, so it definitely isn't shown or specified then by the game. Leave it to the imagination I guess!



That is a . They should have shown his death during Revelations; Reznov was a badass who deserves specific closure.





Come on, you don't need to see every little thing. Also, there's a chance he's not really dead after all....
worldpattern
Likes: 0
Posts: 164
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Bduff123 wrote:

 

***Disclaimer***

This post contains information that spoils parts of the story of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Viewer discretion is advised.

To those of you who have completed and paid attention to the story; you know that Reznov really died during the Vorkuta escape. Any ideas as to which SPECIFIC moment he died? I would like to know. I played through the Vorkuta mission and found no definitive moment where he could have died...







Well we know that he didn't die before the part with the truck because you obviously can't drive and shoot at the same time. So im assuming he died at the part of the truck. we know that he didn't get sniped out because this is blacck ops.
godlycanadian
Likes: 0
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎14-12-2010

Studios