Reznov *Spoiler*

Black Ops forum

Bduff123 wrote:

Whether a story is told well is within the eyes of the beholder.

This is all quite true! I respect that! Either way, I think we can both agree it was a good story overall! Good job Treyarch.
AHXtreme421

chargers84 wrote:

well i forgot which thread but im too lazy to look it up but someone decoded the mission start intel and it turned out saying "reznov is dead or is he". If i find the thread ill post the link.

Please do.
Bduff123

chargers84 wrote:

well i forgot which thread but im too lazy to look it up but someone decoded the mission start intel and it turned out saying "reznov is dead or is he". If i find the thread ill post the link.

Haha oh boy. Question, was Reznov in World at War? I forgot...
AHXtreme421

AHXtreme42 wrote:

Bduff123 wrote:

Whether a story is told well is within the eyes of the beholder.

This is all quite true! I respect that! Either way, I think we can both agree it was a good story overall! Good job Treyarch.

Yes, indeed.

[All glory belong to Treyarch.]
Bduff123
hmm well that could be true but remember the mission where you are in the downed helicopter? well who opened the door or could it be woods but then again i wouldnt get up after an explosion like that but who knows maybe he was hallucinating (sorry for spelling) and got up on his own and also how did he made it to rebirth
get_own

AHXtreme42 wrote:

solidhead3 wrote:

Reznov more than likely died shortly after the truck was stopped, since the screen blacks out immediately after.

A better question to ask is who helped Mason up in the NVA prison complex after the explosion?

Ah, now we're getting into discussion i LOVE. Story discussion! I'm gonna have a big ego here and claim this to be easy: I think it was himself, or Woods, or maybe some other POW that was there (although Im not sure if there were any other POWs in that level)

Well it was definitely not himself, since as soon as he's up he turns around and falls against the desk. Woods is rumored to have survived the explosion(Even though he was right in the middle of it.), but I don't think so. There were, however, other prisoners, so perhaps you're right on that one. And then he just mistook it to be Reznov.
solidhead3

get own wrote:

hmm well that could be true but remember the mission where you are in the downed helicopter? well who opened the door or could it be woods but then again i wouldnt get up after an explosion like that but who knows maybe he was hallucinating (sorry for spelling) and got up on his own and also how did he made it to rebirth

Mason went rogue afterwards, and with the programming at Vorkuta, he knew where Rebirth Island was.
mpython74

get own wrote:

I'm 100% confident that Reznov never left Russia after the escape. When the helicopter crashes it shows YOU opening the door most of the way. It was most likely you that did it. The people that Reznov killed when the two of you were alone were either hallucinations so that the brainwashing could be believable or it was you that killed those people [Remember Steiner's death; it was likely that that sort of thing was repeated; and on Rebirth Island.
Bduff123

Mpython74 wrote:

get own wrote:

Mason went rogue afterwards, and with the programming at Vorkuta, he knew where Rebirth Island was.

How did he make it to Rebirth? In the opening sequence, there's an image of a Cessna, so perhaps that's how?
solidhead3

solidhead3 wrote:

Well it was definitely not himself, since as soon as he's up he turns around and falls against the desk. Woods is rumored to have survived the explosion(Even though he was right in the middle of it.), but I don't think so. There were, however, other prisoners, so perhaps you're right on that one. And then he just mistook it to be Reznov.

Ahh, as much as you found it could be someone else as plausible, I would say "getting up himself" is just as possible! Remember, these missions were not actual events (except for the last few) but rather Masons recollections (and distorted ones at that!) of what had happened. Same thing as when Mason killed Steiner. He was on "the ground" right? But in fact he was not, he was standing and was the one who shot Steiner. So anything is possible! Which makes this so exciting.

Although, I have to say, kind of a rip off of Fight Club / Momento / Shutter Island. But hey, still fun story. I hate to say it but I called it, especially after in the rat holes the other SOG guy turns around to you and goes "what the hells your problem?" I got a hunch and I slowly thought it to be more possible over time.
AHXtreme421

Studios