Seriously Treyarch?????

Black Ops forum

I like this guy, real laid back.

+1

gamefreak704

About 400,000 people are enjoying themselves because this game is good. The rest are still trying to look for God herself in it, and keep coming up dissapointed.

I'm not so sure about that. I think a significant number of people, like myself, is trying and trying, hoping and hoping, and giving the game another and another and another chance, again and again. Why? Because we know that if the game was stable, and if the connection issues were fair and didn't penalize the entire lobby/server with a registered loss when ONE player - the host - either drops out or loses his/her connection - the game would be absolutely great. But I come off disappointed allmost every time I sit down with a fresh attitude, wanting to have a good time for a couple of hours. 20-25% of my losses are directly due to the host (or other players, I don't know) disconnecting and giving everyone else a registerd loss. How am I going to keep playing and focusing on my win/loss ratio this way? And if the win/loss ratio has nothing to do with actual wins and losses, where is the point in competitive, objective-based playing?

If Trearch would fix this one major fault, I'd be as happy as expected. Because, even though there are bugs and instabilities (occational crashes), they don't ruin my experience. Being treat unfairly, however, really ruins the game for me.

Can you please address this issue, Treyarch?

Also, I'd really like to be able to chose wether or not to only join games that haven't started. Joining a game where you're team has 500 pints and the other 6500 - or the other way around - is just as infair to the stats.
faenstreyarch
You know what would be nice? If everyone who hated the game "SO MUCH" would take advantage of their local Gamestop's trade-in policy, there would be a lot less lag for those of us who don't give an eff if a game here and there is laggy.

Sell back the game and stop complaining.
SixthView1

faenstreyarch wrote:

About 400,000 people are enjoying themselves because this game is good. The rest are still trying to look for God herself in it, and keep coming up dissapointed.

I'm not so sure about that. I think a significant number of people, like myself, is trying and trying, hoping and hoping, and giving the game another and another and another chance, again and again. Why? Because we know that if the game was stable, and if the connection issues were fair and didn't penalize the entire lobby/server with a registered loss when ONE player - the host - either drops out or loses his/her connection - the game would be absolutely great. But I come off disappointed allmost every time I sit down with a fresh attitude, wanting to have a good time for a couple of hours. 20-25% of my losses are directly due to the host (or other players, I don't know) disconnecting and giving everyone else a registerd loss. How am I going to keep playing and focusing on my win/loss ratio this way? And if the win/loss ratio has nothing to do with actual wins and losses, where is the point in competitive, objective-based playing?

If Trearch would fix this one major fault, I'd be as happy as expected. Because, even though there are bugs and instabilities (occational crashes), they don't ruin my experience. Being treat unfairly, however, really ruins the game for me.

Can you please address this issue, Treyarch?

Also, I'd really like to be able to chose wether or not to only join games that haven't started. Joining a game where you're team has 500 pints and the other 6500 - or the other way around - is just as infair to the stats.

I have to admit, my W/L ratio was screwed before the two latest patches. But the connections are more stable, and I have seen more completed Host Migrations and have survived Connection Interrupted messages about 8 times now. After the patches, the only thing I have to worry about is a Famas laden team, but otherwise, I'm about five wins away from evening up my W/L.
BonFire5
Yes, since the last patch I have actually since a couple of examples where the host migration have been attempted AND completed. Incredible. However, by far the most cases end with disconnection, and migration apparently isn't even attempted.

To you who wants us to sell the game and stop complaning: You've got this wrong, as many have. If I hated the game I wouldn't bother playing it. Pretty logical, isn't it? And I CERTAINLY wouldn't waste time BEGGING Treyarch PLEASE to respect us lojal customers a little bit and fix the most stupid and unnecessary design bug since Anarchy Online's Martial Artist class. The thing is that I LOVE the game, when it works, and I would want it to work more often than not. And I would want it to not have a feature which effectively ruins all winn/loss focused play. As it is now, you have at most maybe 50% control of your win/loss ratio. Either the server disconnects you and gives you an automatic loss, or you end up in an ongoing game where one team has 6000 points and the other 1500. It's not fair in any way, whether or not you're on the winning or losing team.
faenstreyarch
Highlighted

faenstreyarch wrote:

Yes, since the last patch I have actually since a couple of examples where the host migration have been attempted AND completed. Incredible. However, by far the most cases end with disconnection, and migration apparently isn't even attempted.

To you who wants us to sell the game and stop complaning: You've got this wrong, as many have. If I hated the game I wouldn't bother playing it. Pretty logical, isn't it? And I CERTAINLY wouldn't waste time BEGGING Treyarch PLEASE to respect us lojal customers a little bit and fix the most stupid and unnecessary design bug since Anarchy Online's Martial Artist class. The thing is that I LOVE the game, when it works, and I would want it to work more often than not. And I would want it to not have a feature which effectively ruins all winn/loss focused play. As it is now, you have at most maybe 50% control of your win/loss ratio. Either the server disconnects you and gives you an automatic loss, or you end up in an ongoing game where one team has 6000 points and the other 1500. It's not fair in any way, whether or not you're on the winning or losing team.

I hate being added to games where my team is 2000, and the other is at 5700. Then, I wind up as the top scorer when we lose. I think the guy before you is talking about the people that don't beg or complain, but down right get angry at Treyarch. Capital letters and everything. The thousands on this site that are complaining about hating and trading this game, but never do. Though, the OP of this topic probably has traded it in by now.
BonFire5

Studios