Black Ops forum

in reply to Ninoaguila08
I don't get why everyone here is hating on quick scoping so much o.o It's way harder than running around with an SMG like the UMP that takes 2 or 3 bullets to kill someone... Sure it's not realistic, but it's a damn video game. You want realistic, play BFBC2. That's one of the most realistic war games I've played.
VII_Legacy_IIV
in reply to Ninoaguila08

hardassmofo wrote:

in my opinion i think snipers should be made for what they are supposed to do, pick people off from far away. none of this 'run in quick scope everyone' bullshit.i think slower ADS and i think the damage they do is almost perfect, the intervention isnt a power sniper it is a long shot and accurate sniper therefore to get better damage you need to actually aim at the person as for the 50.cal the clue is in the name its a 50 calibre gun its less accurate but more powerful. hopefully in black ops they make the snipers more realistic and less bullshitty (<------if thats even a real word)

I totally agree. The snipers need to be a bit more realistic this time around. mean, if you shoot a guy in the waist or above with a Barret 50. cal, they are either going to die, or at least get blown to the ground.
draco16
in reply to Ninoaguila08

Crunk N DaTrunk wrote:

JiimSliim wrote:

Do you think if you got a half inch removed from your body by a bullet you would be able to do anything but hit the ground and yell?

This isn't about realism, its about gameplay. You think someone in reality can take a bullet in close quarters from any weapon in a COD game without dropping?

Sniping should always be a 1 hit kill to the head, and always a 1 hit kill to the upper torso w/stopping power. Anywhere else should do damage, but not kill the player. That way snipers are rewarded for accuracy and skill.

I hate stopping power, its not needed why shouldnt my barret M82 kill in one chest shot? or leg shot? even on core games. The idea of these games is that they are more realistic, its what one of the selling points usually is, despite the major problems with this remark. I'm not saying you shouldnt have an arcade style for those that want it and a hardcore realistic setting, but i mean the M82 is a high caliber weapon. Its anti-material rifle, depending on ammo used its anti-armour (light) so when i shoot that guy on the other team in the hip I dont expect him to carry on as if i just missed him and he wastes me with a magazine of M4 carbine.
chainer2150
in reply to Ninoaguila08
I think if you got hit in the head with any gun including a bebe gun... you wouldnt feel to great
carson27
in reply to Ninoaguila08
I want COD4 sniping. MW2 Sniping is not a challenge unless your going for a 360 no scope across the map.

COD4 at least took some skill which I enjoyed and people gave up sniping as they clicked on that they couldn't.
Tezola
in reply to Ninoaguila08

timmerman916 wrote:

The real problem is that the maps aren't designed large enough or correctly for real sniping play. One of the few that I've played that would be a real sniper map is Seelow. The other just aren't big enough. Also there's very little vertical play around the map to get to higher ground if you're a sniper.

The real problem is that the maps aren't designed large enough or correctly for real sniping play. One of the few that I've played that would be a real sniper map is Seelow. The other just aren't big enough. Also there's very little vertical play around the map to get to higher ground if you're a sniper.
Joes5oh
in reply to Ninoaguila08

hardassmofo wrote:

in my opinion i think snipers should be made for what they are supposed to do, pick people off from far away. none of this 'run in quick scope everyone' bullshit.i think slower ADS and i think the damage they do is almost perfect, the intervention isnt a power sniper it is a long shot and accurate sniper therefore to get better damage you need to actually aim at the person as for the 50.cal the clue is in the name its a 50 calibre gun its less accurate but more powerful. hopefully in black ops they make the snipers more realistic and less bullshitty (<------if thats even a real word)

You honestly dont know what you are talking about. The fifty caliber is very accurate. That is how it can shoot and kill at a mile and a half. As for the intervention it is a power sniper. It shoots a bullet that is a .408 caliber. It can travel a mile and a half almost twice as fast as a bullet from the Barrett. With that kind of kinetic energy it is definitely a power sniper. I can guarantee you that you have never shot before. I on the other hand am a championship shooter. The only thing you were right about is that it should have a slower ads, only because it wieghts around 30 lbs without a scope or ammo in it. However the Barrett or the intervention should not be in this game since the barrett was not made until the 90's and the intervention was created in the 21st century. So STFU
riker_10
in reply to Ninoaguila08
I find it funny how people actually have the nerve to say "I hope it isn't quickscope friendly". You know what I hope, there is no Noobtubes, No Claymores, No C4, No shotguns, actual recoil for automatics, no danger close, no RPG's, No mines of any sort, no vehicles. Get the picture, I can easily "HOPE" there isn't anything you hypocrites want. Get over yourselves, talkin smack to people who enjoy quickscoping doesn't make you cool because you've decided to hop on an overly populated bandwagon. I for one hope this game is quickscope friendly, I hope it takes more skill than modern warfare 2 to accomplish, but I really hope there is some form of quickscope available to me and my quickscoping compadres.
Urbani666
in reply to Ninoaguila08
havent played cod2 but the faster sniper scoping could be done by a perk like mw2 and it would be pretty cool to have more than 1 type sniper scopes available
zDisturbed
in reply to Ninoaguila08
No easy quick-scopes deactivate the aim help when using a sniper rifle or just eliminate it at all on the multiplayer.....
paranoid_androi

Studios