Subject: US Soldier Impaled by a Live RPG Round

Black Ops forum

There are rumored to be all manner of hero medals and other accolades in the military.

Rumored.
SoylentBob
I bet that left a scar... dang... thanks for sharing!
JibMaster J

daHawk wrote:

Dale08 wrote:

That must hurt

thats stating the obvious.

I bet he went numb after awhile though.

Just helping the less fortunate people who wouldn't understand that.
Dale08
Since the story made it to the Military Times I am sure those involved recieved an award or a medal or both. And many troops and Medics over seas (and state side) do not feel like they are going above the call of duty to commit many of these acts of bravery, many of them feel like they are doing their job and anything less is unexceptable.
ConceptGT
That's a pretty interesting story, thanks for posting it. I'm glad those guys didn't let him die, they risked their lives to save another. That's pretty heroic if you ask me.
GhostSquad

GhostSquad wrote:

That's a pretty interesting story, thanks for posting it. I'm glad those guys didn't let him die, they risked their lives to save another. That's pretty heroic if you ask me.

Not to down play what those people did to save that soldier, but they wouldn't say what they did was heroic. Most, if not all, will simply say that they were doing their jobs. They did what they did, because their buddies would have done the same for them.

As far as medals are concerened, they probably recieved Bronze and Silver Stars. Very rarely will you see a Medal of Honor awarded. In fact, there have only been two MOH awarded for Iraq and Afghanistan, and they were both awarded posthumously.
PR0UD_INFIDEL
wow
xx_storm_oxx

MikeAlphaTangoTango wrote:

It's one of those times where you don't care about regulations, and will do whatever is nessacery to save him.

They are stupid regulations, a solidier who has agreed to put their life on the line in the name of their country should ALWAYS, be eligible for medical treatment whatever the circumstances.

+1

I wouldn't abide by any rules if it came to saving somebody on the frontline.
rawr-XD
damn that sucks. didn't that happen to a ranger in mogadishu? although he died , IIRC.
Scotty_Dont1134
If the military operates the same now as it did in the nineties when I was in. Then the commissioned officers would receive either silver or bronze star and the enlisted folk would probably at most receive an ARCOM. As yes the acts were brave and honorable. They weren't facing an adversary in battle, therefore would not qualify for the medal of honor. And I'm not sure if they would be allowed any kind of medal considering how they willfully risked the lives of everyone around them to save one soldier. Which is why the protocol is in place. I agree they deserve a medal, but I would not be surprised if there were someone receiving a court martial as a result.
fyrhazzrd

Studios