Subject: US Soldier Impaled by a Live RPG Round

Black Ops forum

Z0mfg 0Mdays they didnt follow protocol what brave guys 0MGUDZ

If they had have done this and then the RPG round blew up on board the heli, at least 10 people would have been lost and they would have been labelled as idiots. It was luck that it didn't blow up, they should all be de-moted a rank or fired. Protocol is there to be followed, otherwise carelessness creeps in and men are lost in the field.
JJmetallica

fyrhazzrd wrote:

If the military operates the same now as it did in the nineties when I was in. Then the commissioned officers would receive either silver or bronze star and the enlisted folk would probably at most receive an ARCOM. As yes the acts were brave and honorable. They weren't facing an adversary in battle, therefore would not qualify for the medal of honor. And I'm not sure if they would be allowed any kind of medal considering how they willfully risked the lives of everyone around them to save one soldier. Which is why the protocol is in place. I agree they deserve a medal, but I would not be surprised if there were someone receiving a court martial as a result.

I do not disagree with you. But, I served as a mission planner and crew member in Combat Air Rescue for a portion of my career. Pilots knew there were guys willing to lay it on line to save one American. That mind set is of course not only found in Rescue it is found where ever you find Americans in Combat. What comfort there is knowing that your comrades in arms are willing to give all to help you.

{I promise tommorrow I will resume my normal trolling and flaming}
Snakedoctor59

Snakedoctor59 wrote:

fyrhazzrd wrote:

If the military operates the same now as it did in the nineties when I was in. Then the commissioned officers would receive either silver or bronze star and the enlisted folk would probably at most receive an ARCOM. As yes the acts were brave and honorable. They weren't facing an adversary in battle, therefore would not qualify for the medal of honor. And I'm not sure if they would be allowed any kind of medal considering how they willfully risked the lives of everyone around them to save one soldier. Which is why the protocol is in place. I agree they deserve a medal, but I would not be surprised if there were someone receiving a court martial as a result.

I do not disagree with you. But, I served as a mission planner and crew member in Combat Air Rescue for a portion of my career. Pilots knew there were guys willing to lay it on line to save one American. That mind set is of course not only found in Rescue it is found where ever you find Americans in Combat. What comfort there is knowing that your comrades in arms are willing to give all to help you.

{I promise tommorrow I will resume my normal trolling and flaming}

Hmmmm. I will make sure I have something constructive to do tomorrow to avoid further Metal Breakdowns caused by you. Just Kidding. See you on the OT.
majorrodriguez
we should have more people who will fight and risk there lives for their comrades. that was amazing. not an often headline.
headshotdeadjr1

JJmetallica wrote:

Z0mfg 0Mdays they didnt follow protocol what brave guys 0MGUDZ

If they had have done this and then the RPG round blew up on board the heli, at least 10 people would have been lost and they would have been labelled as idiots. It was luck that it didn't blow up, they should all be de-moted a rank or fired. Protocol is there to be followed, otherwise carelessness creeps in and men are lost in the field.

Id feel good joining a military who would put their own lives on the line as a call of duty to help me in my time of need......rather than be left 4 dead. They may not have got Medal of Honors but he was helped airborn. Those doctors must have 3 Halos and wings because they are angels.....I know my Godfather would be proud if I helped someone in need....it may come as a Bioshock.... but well worth it. Atleast he can now enoy the Quantum's next Solace which happens next summer. If it werent for them hed be in a Dead Space at a morgue. Its a shame that the World at War...whatever happened to peace?
An Oreo
wow

good find
ivirtran1
u sure he didnt have juggernaut? jk thats incredible good thing he lived
SgtCortez8693
That is an amazing story. It sounds like a plot from Hollywood
joe3stix
The people that decided to move him should have got a kick in the nuts as a reward.
BumFluffUnite
Well at least it's better to get impaled by it than it to explode.
peetee360

Studios