Texture Loading Problem...

Black Ops forum

Is there currently being any work done to fix the long load times for textures? Sometimes they don't even load all the way and you just see blurry objects everywhere. I have the game installed on the hard drive as well.



I own the 360 and the PS3 versions of this game and the PS3 loads the textures very fast while the 360 takes forever.



If the developers are reading this... Please look into this issue.
justspaztik
Likes: 1
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎08-12-2010
6 REPLIES 6

justspaztik wrote:

 

Is there currently being any work done to fix the long load times for textures? Sometimes they don't even load all the way and you just see blurry objects everywhere. I have the game installed on the hard drive as well.



I own the 360 and the PS3 versions of this game and the PS3 loads the textures very fast while the 360 takes forever.



If the developers are reading this... Please look into this issue.



this is posily from the 800,000+ players online at one given time.
deadlyoutlaw13
Likes: 0
Posts: 296
Registered: ‎23-05-2011

Deadly Outlaw13 wrote:

 

justspaztik wrote:

 

Is there currently being any work done to fix the long load times for textures? Sometimes they don't even load all the way and you just see blurry objects everywhere. I have the game installed on the hard drive as well.



I own the 360 and the PS3 versions of this game and the PS3 loads the textures very fast while the 360 takes forever.



If the developers are reading this... Please look into this issue.



this is posily from the 800,000+ players online at one given time.





The textures aren't loaded over the network. They're loaded from the game disc or install. The network is not the issue. It's probably a bug.



I just hope they're working on it.
justspaztik
Likes: 1
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎08-12-2010
Nobody else has seen this problem? Wow. It's so obvious sometimes. If you're spectating someone and they're just made up of blurry colors and the textures don't load like they're supposed to. Happens all the time for me.
justspaztik
Likes: 1
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎08-12-2010
Highlighted

justspaztik wrote:

 

Nobody else has seen this problem? Wow. It's so obvious sometimes. If you're spectating someone and they're just made up of blurry colors and the textures don't load like they're supposed to. Happens all the time for me.





I have never had this issue. Is your game scratched possibly? XBOX having issues? Is the game installed to your HDD?



This is the first thread I have seen on this, leading me to believe it is hardware related. Or even TV/Cables related.
andybennett18
Likes: 3
Posts: 6121
Registered: ‎24-05-2011

Infemeth wrote:

 

It's not much of an issue, this is called texture streaming and is only noticeable on consoles because of their limitations. This is to speed up loading times rather than loading every single texture and having a longer loading time for every match and possibly every respawn (notice how gun camos take a second to load upon respawn.) This is normal, I always see it on Xbox 360 and PS3 but only noticeable for about a second or two. This is not noticeable on the PC version.





I know that it's a console thing, but the PS3 seems to load the textures instantly but on the 360 you can stand in front of something and it takes 30 seconds for it to load or doesn't load at all.



My game is installed to the hard drive and it's a brand new 360 and brand new game (no scratches). It also happens on my brothers 360 as well, so it's not specific to my game.



I can't believe nobody else noticed this. It never took so long to load the textures in MW2. Also, in MW2, once the texture loaded, it was all set for the rest of the match, but black ops is constantly reverting to the low textures and re-loading them.



It's definitely bad on the 360, but barely noticeable on the PS3. Yes, I own both versions.



Also, check out lensoftruth.com and look at the Head2Head of Black Ops. The 360 constantly doesn't load the textures at all!
justspaztik
Likes: 1
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎08-12-2010

I got this happening on my Xbox one. It happens on moon in bio dome and in spawn of call of the dead. it’s annoying and makes the game harder if possible to play, any solutions?

Justabrownie
Likes: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-01-2019

Studios