The purpose of a book cover..

Black Ops forum

Hey all,



An interesting thought occured to me a few days ago and I wish to share it with you. You know the old saying, "Never judge a book by it's cover". Well, I have found this statement to be false, as book covers are the thing we base the book on when at a shop, otherwise, we would have no idea what the book is about and thus, selecting a new book would require a bit of reading which is time consuming.



In short:



Book covers are there to be judged.







Comment if you wish, If this made no sence, let me know





-Trinity




Trinity30_
Likes: 0
Posts: 3714
Registered: ‎21-06-2009
21 REPLIES 21
I never judge a book after it´s cover. I have to read it, for to judge about.
Horrorman Level 75
Likes: 9
Posts: 23681
Registered: ‎31-10-2008

Horrorman wrote:

 

I never judge a book after it´s cover. I have to read it, for to judge about.







But you would have had to judge the cover to pick it up and read it? Or did you just go through the book store picking up random books?
Trinity30_
Likes: 0
Posts: 3714
Registered: ‎21-06-2009

Trinity30! wrote:

 

Horrorman wrote:

 

I never judge a book after it´s cover. I have to read it, for to judge about.







But you would have had to judge the cover to pick it up and read it? Or did you just go through the book store picking up random books?





I´m only buying books I heard about they have to be good so the cover doesn´t matter that much in my case
Horrorman Level 75
Likes: 9
Posts: 23681
Registered: ‎31-10-2008

Horrorman wrote:

 

Trinity30! wrote:

 

Horrorman wrote:

 

I never judge a book after it´s cover. I have to read it, for to judge about.







But you would have had to judge the cover to pick it up and read it? Or did you just go through the book store picking up random books?





I´m only buying books I heard about they have to be good so the cover doesn´t matter that much in my case







Ahh. I see Long time no speak horror by the way, Hows everything?
Trinity30_
Likes: 0
Posts: 3714
Registered: ‎21-06-2009

Trinity30! wrote:

 





Ahh. I see Long time no speak horror by the way, Hows everything?



everything´s fine mate Smiley Tongue how are you? we missed you at CoD HQ...
Horrorman Level 75
Likes: 9
Posts: 23681
Registered: ‎31-10-2008
Perhaps it is the genre and/or author we should not be judging, merely because we have read a book of the genre and/or one of the author's already.
Byzantine_Bomb
Likes: 1
Posts: 13010
Registered: ‎15-01-2009
book covers are overrated and overpowered...like "to kill a mocking bird"! WORST BOOK EVER! I never taught me how to kill those little beast! Now my yard is full of 'em! FULL OF 'EM I TELLZ YA!!!! ::shakes fist at people reading this::
djk05
Likes: 3
Posts: 2922
Registered: ‎26-01-2009
Some titles just aren't relevant though I'm pretty positive that one is in a not so obvious manner.

Some are very general. Aztec by Gary Jeanings was an awfully descriptive.

(Fantastic book though)
Byzantine_Bomb
Likes: 1
Posts: 13010
Registered: ‎15-01-2009
Depends on the Title. It can be misleading.



Like the Cat In The Hat. I thought it was a story about a Cat who goes inside a Hat.



But there was n0 Cat in the Hat.





I always check the back of the book cover to see what's about.
Hornswoggled
Likes: 52
Posts: 3379
Registered: ‎24-05-2011

Studios