Thoughts on Pay To Play for Black Ops MP?

Black Ops forum

This fee makes no sense, they could just do advertisements on loading screens. Advertisements on one of the most popular games out would cost companies a lot and should pay for so called Activision needs.
xtracrispy66
I would still buy the game but multiplayer would not be touched, i'm sure many, if not most people will agree with me if I say this, if they have a new improved co-op mode / zombies spinoff etc., they will still get sales, but if people want multiplayer they are most likly to take the modern warfare francise for a few reasons, there is a general bias towards Infinity Ward, modern is more appealing to most and most people judging by the price rise in map packs will not be to enthralled by Activisions money hungry crusade.

I will buy for campaign, co-op and/or zombies, if multiplayer is pay to play, it's Activisions loss, not to mention they would lose more people each game if said pay to play multiplayer carried on.

I hope someone important reads this and puts a stop to this rumor now, simply because Activision will have to hope to christ if they want to survive without the impossibly huge number of CoD multiplayer fans.
dahuntor
I would protest till I die.
Grizzly66
If they do this, then there are other games that look good that are also coming out this fall such has Halo:Reach and the new Medal of Honor. So they better hope they don't do anything too dumb such as a fee.
TheRi0tMaker

xtracrispy66 wrote:

This fee makes no sense, they could just do advertisements on loading screens. Advertisements on one of the most popular games out would cost companies a lot and should pay for so called Activision needs.

This, right here, is a great idea. Loading screens can use a little pizazz.
DistrictOfDeath
Highlighted
i have to agree pay to play is a bad idea it worked for wow and thats all well and good but if they make it pay to play i will not be playing multiplayer lets see you most likely have to pay for your internet connection so thats about 20+ a month depending on who you have and what type you have then you have to spend 60 dollars to buy the game in the first place so thats already 80+ dollars then they want to make it so you have to pay to play online thats bull your talking after spending 60 dollars to pay for the game an upwards of 50 bucks a month just to play the only game thats on a console charging people to play now if other games were doing this other that computer games like wow like halo or battlefield bad company then i might be a little more likely to understand but if they are serious about thier fans which they should be due to the fact the economy sucks right now then they wouldnt do it.
goatboy1987

jason_tha_killa wrote:

just came across this on the Call of Duty Wikia under trivia for Black Ops

It is rumored that Activision is planning on charging a fee for the multiplayer use of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops

Can you say, "Switch to Halo Reach"?
Lunatic_Fring3
Too many good games coming out for them to do that. They would lose many customers.
Andrew770

Andrew770 wrote:

Too many good games coming out for them to do that. They would lose many customers.

This.
V-Sharingan-V
No. Lol, u trust the COD wikia that any homo can update on his own?

Activision is thinking about this with the next cod, which will be released by a 3rd developer. If I remember correctly they are thinking about moving towards a MMO (massive multiplayer online) style game, like world of warcraft on the PC. Basically, Bobby kotick is a huge money-lover and wants to squeeze every penny out of the COD franchise before it dries up, being ruined by himself/Activision.
IcedEarth213

Studios