Thoughts on Pay To Play for Black Ops MP?

Black Ops forum

Keep dreaming. They would probley get sued. By Sony and Nintendo i guess.
mattnett1
Likes: 0
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎20-05-2010

mattnett1 wrote:

 

Keep dreaming. They would probley get sued. By Sony and Nintendo i guess.







Read what I posted, They have the go ahead from a few company's already.
MegaPikachu
Likes: 1
Posts: 422
Registered: ‎10-08-2011
This is very unrealistic in my opinion. Are there any games that do this on the Xbox, Playstation or Wii? If there are, I have never heard of them. Activision would lose sales and people would not be playing multiplayer as much as they do now. Activision would be looked down on if they charged a monthy service fee. It would be ridiculous to pay $60 for a game and then play for the multiplayer per month.
SoonerBall08
Likes: 0
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎23-08-2008
No go ahead and bad mouth them. at the end of the interview the guy stated that some core gamers would actually wanna pay to play it? I wonder what kinda LSD they got cause I want some
ajrichwalder
Likes: 0
Posts: 299
Registered: ‎21-07-2009
This just in.......COD Black Ops loses sales due to consumers having to pay for online gaming. sounds like crap to me. id still get it though for offline, zombies and split screen if thats the case
tnuciijesta
Likes: 0
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎26-06-2011

SoonerBall08 wrote:

 

This is very unrealistic in my opinion. Are there any games that do this on the Xbox, Playstation or Wii? If there are, I have never heard of them. Activision would lose sales and people would not be playing multiplayer as much as they do now. Activision would be looked down on if they charged a monthy service fee. It would be ridiculous to pay $60 for a game and then play for the multiplayer per month.





actually there is one and i think it is the only Phantasy Star Universe and its actually pretty decent from the demo
jasonthakilla17
Likes: 0
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎18-05-2010
We are already paying60$ plus tax for the game, if they want more money just to play mp, I will never buy a Activison game again.
djh2
Likes: 3
Posts: 853
Registered: ‎15-06-2011

TNUC II JESTA wrote:

 

This just in.......COD Black Ops loses sales due to consumers having to pay for online gaming. sounds like crap to me. id still get it though for offline, zombies and split screen if thats the case







Same here! But maybe I'd rent it first just to be the campaign on Veteran and get more achievements/gamerscore. And for the zombies, if it has them, and then take it back. But when it's on sale there I'll get it. Or better yet, when it goes on sale at Gamestop I'll get it so it's cheaper. Or, I just won't buy it at all and just rent it.
3vilRob
Likes: 0
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎03-06-2009
this could work to a certain extent as long as they dont make it too expensive. tecnical support would be top notch or ay least it should be maybe the glitchs will be fixed in a day rather in a month, glichers and hackers taken care off swiftly also this could cut down on 10th pres lobbys and jtaggers.
holdithoncho
Likes: 0
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎19-05-2010
COMPLETELY disagree with charging for COD series. I can MAYBE see the point of charging if Activision were to ever come out with an MMORPG or game like that for Xbox. I have a feeling one would sell very well, the only problem is coming up with the servers (IMO). A fee would enable the servers to exist. I'm not even sure how our XBL money goes to work, but I do imagine a portion goes to the gaming companies that are on the console. But, as far as the COD series I find this COMPLETELY unreasonable and I personally will never pick up any game that does this with no GREAT Reason. Map packs and other DLC should be a good money source for these games, not monthly subscription fees.
Downfall989
Likes: 0
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎21-05-2010

Studios