Thoughts on Pay To Play for Black Ops MP?

Black Ops forum

Boy, if this happens, MANY people are going back to older games.
ERIKDOTCOM

ERIKDOTCOM wrote:

Not me, I have a good job and I can afford it.

Don't be cheap, how much could it cost? Put down the Big Mac's and pick up a weapon, cheapskate
splittinwigs Level 75

splittinwigs wrote:

ERIKDOTCOM wrote:

Don't be cheap, how much could it cost? Put down the Big Mac's and pick up a weapon, cheapskate

Big Macs? Really? They don't have In&Out by you, I guess...
Cable991
If we have to pay for Multiplayer then it wouldn't even be better than Modern Warfare 2. I mean, Modern Warfare 2 was probably the WORST Call of Duty in the series and I want to see a hell of a lot of improvements in Black Ops. And since it's made by TreyArch, I have a lot of faith in them. I know they can make great games, much better than Infinity Ward. So yeah, if they really want to make a better game than Modern Warfare 2 then they SHOULD NOT make us pay for Multiplayer. We have to pay for our Xbox LIVE as well and if we have to pay for the Multiplayer then it's just way too much hassle.
iiShankzZ
They cant even get the spawns right in MW2 so why would I pay for it? What has IW demonstarted that would make me want to pay to play?

They havent fixed glitches in a timely manner (in p2p games glitches are fixed in days, not months or they lose customers in the next month). There still plenty of glitches.

DLC is FREE in p2p games. Its included in the price. This means once a month there is some substantial DLC available. FOR FREE cause we are paying monthly right? This isnt WoW mind you.

IW/402 has all but completely ignored the community (MS forums, IW forums) since release. Why would I want to P2P a game where the companu ignores its customer?

Leaderboards? If I am paying monthly, on top of LIVE, every aspect of teh game is to be in perfect working order. Unlike how weeks before release thousands of people were playing hacked copies of the game. NONE of those hacked scores were removed from leaderboards.

Why would I pay 2 play a game that's company takes a month off after release?

So over confident that they didnt need a BETA and then act like a BETA wouldnt have helped when launch glitches made you look like an ass. ya, now I really wanna pay extra.

IW hasnt demonstrated to me they couldnt handle any or all of these issues in a responsible manner that would suggest to me that its worthy of extra month $. Sorry Bobby, wanna slaughter the cash cow that COD is? Try and charge me monthly to play your spawn killing, glicthed, hacked, modded, flawed and BETAless junk.
SalemInChains
We skipped being cheap by buying an xbox.
MastaMike9

splittinwigs wrote:

ERIKDOTCOM wrote:

We skipped being cheap when we bought an xbox.
MastaMike9
I'll pay 20 dollars a month for dedicated servers and consistent community support.
Horns-Among-the
If this happens I boycott Activision.

I think that paying €60,- a year is enough to play online without having to pay for CoD separably.
DanielWW2
If any COD game starts charging a subscription fee, I will throw away every single COD game I own, and boycot the call of duty franchise
THE_C0D_FATHER

Studios