Thoughts on Pay To Play for Black Ops MP?

Black Ops forum

i would not buy a game that i would have to pay extra to play online. i am already paying to do that anyways and i would not even consider a game that requires extra.
Jym13
O.K. i am gonna drop my 2 cents in here.I vow to never pay for a MP game from xbox.If i have to pay M$ a yearly due for live then i would never pay to play...But.....

After thinking about this for a bit here is where i really stand..I dont play much of anything else on Live other then the current or last COD game.I do put about 30-40 days playtime total per year into the franchise.If they were going to make pay to play MP for a charge of $10.00 per month lets say...I may go for it.But only on certain conditions.

#1 Lag free gaming with dedicated servers

#2 The best weapons balancing and hit detection of any game out there

#3 Blow me away graphics with superior sound

#4 More customs in the game

#5 Hack and glitch proof gaming and leaderboards.

All i am saying is for the price of Live @ $50.00 per year.The inital cost of the game $70.00. a few map packs $30.00 and $120.00 For yearly charge from activision...Grand total $ 265.00 for 1 year of playing the best shooter game in the buisness i might be down for it....But like i said it better be one hella of a game and come with what i mentioned
codchamp1
i would never pay extra for that f they do then screw them. those games that people pay for have a lot of updates and addons that are included and if they do that it will probly just make even more people go to battlefield cuz its more realistic and free map packs
unicowmilker

codchamp wrote:

O.K. i am gonna drop my 2 cents in here.I vow to never pay for a MP game from xbox.If i have to pay M$ a yearly due for live then i would never pay to play...But.....

After thinking about this for a bit here is where i really stand..I dont play much of anything else on Live other then the current or last COD game.I do put about 30-40 days playtime total per year into the franchise.If they were going to make pay to play MP for a charge of $10.00 per month lets say...I may go for it.But only on certain conditions.

#1 Lag free gaming with dedicated servers

#2 The best weapons balancing and hit detection of any game out there

#3 Blow me away graphics with superior sound

#4 More customs in the game

#5 Hack and glitch proof gaming and leaderboards.

All i am saying is for the price of Live @ $50.00 per year.The inital cost of the game $70.00. a few map packs $30.00 and $120.00 For yearly charge from activision...Grand total $ 265.00 for 1 year of playing the best shooter game in the buisness i might be down for it....But like i said it better be one hella of a game and come with what i mentioned

I see your pount sir. I would also pay for it if it was the greatest thing out there. But if none of that stuff is include I suppose.
kotakid91
The only way I would pay for multiplayer on something I already bought is if:

1) dedicated servers with no lag at all

2) there would be a new map pack every month which you get for free

3) fixing spawn points and hit detection

4) preventing glitches or hacks

5) the game actually listened and seriously looked at the communities complaints

Under these conditions I would pay (if it's under $15 a month). Anything less than this, Activision can suck my dick
THE_C0D_FATHER
Whats wrong with the world SH!T paying for a game that last one year, 20$ bucks for dedicated servers F That to hell I will never pay for online on a single game when theres games like Halo & MOH never ever f that.
joecool1
If we are required to pay for it then it better have amazing graphics with like 100 maps that are bigger than battlefield maps. Also it should be a huge battle like 200 on 200, then i would totaly play.
Hemond420
no way
Pepi7o
I think the single player game better be better than best if they still want to sell mass copys of it. I don't know about others but after paying for 2 gold accounts a year on XBL and now that Sony is also talking about charging for PSN, I can not see paying more just to play online on a service I already have top pay for to play online. Sounds sorta dumb. Might be alright for the PC gamers who are use to paying for online play with alot of games but gamers on consoles, I don't think so.
MYTOYZ
Like someone said above, charging an online fee is fine...but for PSN/Wii users. The fact that Activision thinks that charging for online play on 360 on top of the fee we already pay to access the service, is idiotic, and quite frankly, a terrible business model.

Activision are digging their own grave if they actually go through with that.
wookiecore

Studios