Total # of kills should activate killstreaks

Black Ops forum

I recently watched a video on YouTube where SeaNanners was talking about COD: Black Ops and he had an idea that killstreaks should be based on total kills instead of kills without dying; mainly to eliminate camping. I think that it’s a great idea that could work very well. The basic premise of this idea is that the kills needed to activate killstreak rewards would be based on your total number of kills, whether you die or not. It sounds too easy, but by doing it this way you would only be able to use your killstreak loadout once per match, and I think there should be a “three strikes” rule where if you die three times in a row without getting a kill it will cancel your killstreak loadout for that match. Here’s a couple ways I think it could be done:

1. If the killstreaks are set up similar to MW2, then maybe just double the kills required for each reward (ex. UAV would be 6 instead of 3, Predator=10 instead of 5, etc.), and then make it where the kills you receive from your killstreaks don’t count towards the next killstreak.

2. Or…set up three tiers of rewards…maybe 10, 20, and 30. You could choose one killstreak from each tier, with each consecutive tier having more powerful rewards to choose from. Set up in this way, killstreak kills would count towards the next killstreak. If the nuke is still around, it should be worth at least 50 kills.

So this is just a couple ways I think killstreaks could be improved. Obviously these setups wouldn’t work well in a game type such as search and destroy, but that game type would probably be better off without killstreaks anyway. I think this would be a great way to do killstreaks in COD.
tpat212
28 REPLIES 28
No, that's why they call it a STREAK.
Rorek1
This would be terrible.
xFirestormeX
Seananners isn't exactly very intelligent when it comes to game design. I mean, he openly admitted that he thinks its silly how people even care about balance in the first place.

Opinions aside about Seananners, I think his Idea is terrible. Anybody can get a certain amount of kills. It takes real skill to get a lot of kills, without dying.
Sane_Hedrone

Sane Hedrone wrote:

Seananners isn't exactly very intelligent when it comes to game design. I mean, he openly admitted that he thinks its silly how people even care about balance in the first place.

Opinions aside about Seananners, I think his Idea is terrible. Anybody can get a certain amount of kills. It takes real skill to get a lot of kills, without dying.

Depends what they do, to get that KS.
BreakSilence
do you know what a killstreak even is?
Biggrouse
i think that would be a bad idea, it would be better to make it so one kill streak doesnt count to your next one and dont include kill streaks that are over 7 kills to get chopper gunner and ac-130 like in mw2
PAT2012
Dislike.
tsnyder700
Yes I know what a killstreak is...so call it something else. Obviously the number of kills would have to be tested to make it hard to unlock these rewards, but I really think it would cut down on camping. It would also keep people from dying after they get their killstreak loadout and then unlocking it again and again...you only get it once per match this way. And players that can get streaks without dying should be rewarded with lots of points.
tpat212
Not being a troll here. I just honestly do not like the idea. Just is not appealing to me.
Virulentt

Studios