Unhandled exception solved!!!!!!

Black Ops forum

go to your control pannel > then speakers > advanced or properties. There should be something saying 16 bit, and an arrow down if u have the option to change it.
one_eight_sev3n
Highlighted
Do you have XP or Vista?
GrizMartin
It does not matter, but if you must know vista.

16 bit on xp and 16 bit on vista are exactly the same.
one_eight_sev3n
i have 24bit soundcard also and it doesnt work , where do i change it (i have xfi extreme music)
z3ko
Yeah, they are the same, but I don't know how to get to change it. It does matter with that.
GrizMartin
Make sure you have the most current drivers in your card, it may not work if u have an on board and an additional card. The card should be set as the default for the system so the game picks it up. If you have the option to change it and there are multiple rates with the same 24 bit try them.

If you have anything over 24 that may be an option. try the above options first.
one_eight_sev3n
Is 'SoundMAX Digital Audio' a sound card? I always assumed so, but I can't find a 16 bit/24 bit toggle ANYWHERE.
ChaqaTheLaqa
Try this, it worked for me and a few other people so far at least:

Okay, download directx Redist (google it for a download source) It is kinda big (about 80mb). (Probably should not overwrite anything, if gives option, try a different folder)

Unzip and put the contents into C:\WINDOWS\system (or maybe even system 32, I put it in system)

Then, download/move the DXSETUP.exe into the SAME folder that you have the REDIST files in.

RUN the DXSETUP.exe

Wait for it to complete, and then start up your game... It might take awhile for it to start up. A Cinematic will show, and then the player profile creation screen... At the main menu, it froze (for me) but may not for someone else.

Hope this helps. Tell me if it works, and tell me if I am not clear enough.
Kronos_9326
This is for users using windows XP, and realtek audio. Even if you're not using these specs, give it a try, it worked for me.

Go to the Control Panel> System> Go to the Hardware Tab and click "Device Manager".

Now, scroll down the list and find Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Then, right click and DISABLE "Unimode Half-Duplex Audio Device".

***If this works for you, bump the thread up so others can see it, as we've noticed there's little to no support thus far. I tried everything from Sound drivers, video updates, DX updates and this is what worked for me.

Happy Fragging!

WinXP SP3

8300GS

Onboard Realtek HD audio
rakkasan2
okay problem is when i go to device manager i dont see that thing i need to disable... and i just reinstalled direct x and its started but my screen when blank (black) and nothing but when i did Alt + Tab i saw that my comp wasnt frozen... wtf i've ran into 3 problems in a row and i just installed the beta... infinty ward is better modern warfare is better... and i wanted 360 code but i got this... all i want is this to be SOLVED... this is not helping me decide if im buy cod5... but soo far its not looking good...
Evolancer131

Studios