Unhandled exception solved!!!!!!

Black Ops forum

I had the same problem. Problem resolved.

OS Vista 64 Bit

Soundcard builtin

Change to 24 bit 44100 Hz

I have, on my system, 4 24 bit options, and none of them work except what I stated above.

Hope this helps someone somewhere on the internet.

outlawaol
Highlighted
did nothing for me sorry
MAD-BRITT

rakkasan2 wrote:

This is for users using windows XP, and realtek audio. Even if you're not using these specs, give it a try, it worked for me.

Go to the Control Panel> System> Go to the Hardware Tab and click "Device Manager".

Now, scroll down the list and find Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Then, right click and DISABLE "Unimode Half-Duplex Audio Device".

***If this works for you, bump the thread up so others can see it, as we've noticed there's little to no support thus far. I tried everything from Sound drivers, video updates, DX updates and this is what worked for me.

Happy Fragging!

WinXP SP3

8300GS

Onboard Realtek HD audio

SORRY DIDNT WORK FOR ME ..SEEMS A GREAT DEAL OF FUSS JUST TO GET A BETA GAME GOING IM SACKING THE IDEA? THANKS ANY WAYS
MAD-BRITT
Nice to know some of you can solve this. I can't find anything about 16 or 24 bit in any of the stuff for my Xfi Gamer Fatal1ty Pro (I'm assuming it's 24 bit tho I mean heck my old SB LIVE was 24 bit...)

None of the other stuff works either tried all that. Time to scratch this one off the ol' list I guess.
Hillhome21

MW Turk wrote:

I tried the Direct x fix with a twist, I downloaded

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

It auto updated for me quick and easy, and I'm in!!

Thanks to all before me

Im fixed!!!! thank you Turk! .. ...even though I did have updated directx 9c files.. I still needed to run the web installer. I just came out of gameplay.. Graphics are intense...

..also to note.. before my runtime error...I had the D3DX9_37.dll error.. which was fixed from downloading that file that was linked in another topic...

im happy again!
CMayberry
No games worth all this work. Im going to wait for an official post, im not trying anymore things. They should just release a patch to fix this.
Linage
How long until a patch is released do you think?
Musk1
This is one of the most messed up beta release in gaming history.
shadow_man

rakkasan2 wrote:

This is for users using windows XP, and realtek audio. Even if you're not using these specs, give it a try, it worked for me.

Go to the Control Panel> System> Go to the Hardware Tab and click "Device Manager".

Now, scroll down the list and find Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Then, right click and DISABLE "Unimode Half-Duplex Audio Device".

***If this works for you, bump the thread up so others can see it, as we've noticed there's little to no support thus far. I tried everything from Sound drivers, video updates, DX updates and this is what worked for me.

Happy Fragging!

WinXP SP3

8300GS

Onboard Realtek HD audio

Excellent post man! Worked great. Hopefully they will fix this although I am not even sure if that setting is required for better sound or not. Thanks for the info though.
VengefulHunter
Everyone is grasping at straws here. After a few decades of computer gaming I have developped an intense sense of a major FU. I think this is one. I am always able to get through problems. Not this time it seems. This needs to be resolved by the dev team.

All this for nothing. Giving up personal date for a registration (my god, how many times must we register for every darn game we want to buy or test with all these publishers and all), downloading and installing only to find out on the forums here that too many people have the same problem.

Bah. I have Vista x64 fully updated and it is almost offensive for me to downgrade to a mere DX9 to be able to play.
Vaipen

Studios