Unhandled exception solved!!!!!!

Black Ops forum

not solved here.... spent best part of 2 days trying to solve this isssue.... using anything and everything posted about this issue on the net...but no luck....

asus rampage forumula mobo

asus xonar sound card

raid 10 4 x 500 sata

4 gig mem

3870 x2 vid

quad 6600

no idea where to go next..so ill still to cod4 and cod2 xtreme. (-:
NICEY_GCHQ_

NICEY=GCHQ= wrote:

not solved here.... spent best part of 2 days trying to solve this isssue.... using anything and everything posted about this issue on the net...but no luck....

asus rampage forumula mobo

asus xonar sound card

raid 10 4 x 500 sata

4 gig mem

3870 x2 vid

quad 6600

no idea where to go next..so ill still to cod4 and cod2 xtreme. (-:

I also have tried everything listed here. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and it's been good enough for every other game up till now, so I have no idea why it shouldn't work with COD:WAW. I guess we'll just have to wait until the dev team gives an official response to the problems. I'm going to put in a trouble ticket when I get home from work.
JediMastaDJ
i believe this is something wrong with the xonar soundcard
jamfuk
what if u dont appear to have the "Unimode Half-Duplex Audio Device"

what then? lol do i have to download that to turn it off O.o
No_777

rakkasan2 wrote:

This is for users using windows XP, and realtek audio. Even if you're not using these specs, give it a try, it worked for me.

Go to the Control Panel> System> Go to the Hardware Tab and click "Device Manager".

Now, scroll down the list and find Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Then, right click and DISABLE "Unimode Half-Duplex Audio Device".

***If this works for you, bump the thread up so others can see it, as we've noticed there's little to no support thus far. I tried everything from Sound drivers, video updates, DX updates and this is what worked for me.

Happy Fragging!

WinXP SP3

8300GS

Onboard Realtek HD audio

=================================

THANK YOU rakkasan2!!!

This actually worked!

I tried everything else (updating direct x, downgrading to older direct x, getting latest onboard soundcard drivers).

Seriously, I'm considering becoming a console gamer.

I'm too old for this crap, when I was a teenager I could handle troubleshooting constantly, but not anymore.

Thanks a bunch still.

2 thumbs up.
Darth_Kupi

No.777 wrote:

what if u dont appear to have the "Unimode Half-Duplex Audio Device"

what then? lol do i have to download that to turn it off O.o

Same!
leepants

Snowy77 wrote:

This worked for me. Thanks for the post

XP Method 2

o Right click on My Computer,select Manage

o Click Device Manager

o Select Sound, video and game controllers

o Right click on Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device and select Disable

This helped me to
Geelhoed
I had a similar problem...in Sounds and Audio Devices there was one listed as "modem #1 line playback" but i couldn't find this in Device Manager so i checked Add/Remove Programs and found a program called "Agere systems pci soft modem" after uninstalling this program as i don't use the modem the "modem #1 line playback" has disappeared from Sounds and Audio Devices and i can now play the beta....hope this helps someone else but don't uninstall the modem if you use it
DJzz
OK guys on a serious NOTE.

This is a BETA game that we or some of us cannot get it working!

As it’s only a few days now until the release of the completed game. I do hope that the main game is working better then the beta. However I am worried that we are so close to its release that the BETA game only works for 40% of us and that we should now be at the DEMO stage that works 100% of the time. I have tried converting to 24 bit, tried to up-date my drivers, tried to download something that I had to disable, I have pointed my computer screen towards Mecca and placed several 4 leaf clovers in the DVD slot, alas none of them worked so I like one of the unfortunate 60% that cannot get the BETA to work will be waiting to get the completed game, that is as long as they don’t find some hidden songs from the Koran /Quran on it prior to its release should be soon. My dilemma is shall I get it on its release or should I wait a few weeks for the obvious number of patches that will be needed to get it to work to come out first? Humm???
MAD-BRITT
ok any patchs for this in the works ?
captzuzu

Studios