What is up with infinity wards site?

Black Ops forum

Highlighted
IW told me to come here and complain.

At least here, there's smilies. :grin:
Hornswoggled
I find it funny how you forget when this site was down and had problemes. And for the day I have been back I noticed how you all seem to think WaW has had no glitches in the first 2 months of it being out....
Echos
actually, it rarely did.

Only when the Map packs came about.

all other times, mainly for maintenance, were announced.

as for the first few months of the HQ, i wasn't here, but IW i'snt a new site.

It's forums were fine and they screwed it up when they made the change.

and it's been the same way since, old regulars cant use their accounts, guests posting, random bannings, errors, and my favorite being logged out every other post.
daHawk1
I got into the Forums just 2 hours ago, logged in, and then I got some SQL error. InfinityWard needs to do something with their web servers.
majorrodriguez
In regard to the old regulars cant access accounts, I had no problem setting my account up. I have never seen a Guest post, and am on regularly, and the people who complain about "random bannings" I have usually seen a post of theirs and its not to random...
Echos
you're pretty lucky then.

but oh well, its nothing new, either these bugs are fixed or we have to put up with it.

I tend to stay away from that site.
daHawk1
Hmm. It's a shame. Now, Most of the MW 2 website rejects will come here. Which is good for activity, but may lead to spam. :sad:
Trinity30_

MajorRodriguez wrote:

I got into the Forums just 2 hours ago, logged in, and then I got some SQL error. InfinityWard needs to do something with their web servers.

Its a database error.

mysql is another open source program that has flaws but still used alot.

Both sites are ran by Actvision,

Use callingID (Windows, Mac? sure something like its available too? Might even be the same package?)

Shows both as being Activision though, IP's are also pretty much a dead giveaway;

216.174.100.56 IW's IP

216.174.100.205 COD HQ

Not the same machine without a doubt, but same building/room as the COD HQ site.

Funny how someone jumps into a thread and claims people are saying something about the "games" problems,

When none that I've seen atleast were talking about the "game" at all.

But it Echos in here sometimes.
214_Firestorm
The Infinity Ward site is buggy at the moment. And I do mean really buggy. The site used to be stable enough, but no longer. Once they updated it from phpBB2 to phpBB3, and tried to integrate it with the Community aspect to the site, all the bugs appeared. It's not uncommon that the forums go down for hours at a time, but this is the longest they've been down for. Using these forums is a good enough option, I guess
yeoldesierra

YeOldeSierra wrote:

The Infinity Ward site is buggy at the moment. And I do mean really buggy. The site used to be stable enough, but no longer. Once they updated it from phpBB2 to phpBB3, and tried to integrate it with the Community aspect to the site, all the bugs appeared. It's not uncommon that the forums go down for hours at a time, but this is the longest they've been down for. Using these forums is a good enough option, I guess

excellent

the IVIRVirus

is doing its job
ivirtran1

Studios