What we really want in multiplayer

Black Ops forum

Highlighted

What we really want in multiplayer

No more stupid killstreak rewards that promote camping. Only 3, 5, 7 and 11 killstreak (not changeable) as in COD4 and CODWAW!

Not arena-like maps like MW2, map design from COD4 and WAW is great.

More customizable character, customize appearance, weapons, weapon fire-mode and perks.

Gore! Bloody as WaW!!!

and of course...

ZOMBIE MODES!!

Share your ideas on what you want for MP

---UPDATED---

All your comments have been very helpful and have made a lot of contributions on ideas I didnt think about. I'll make an outline of them:

Fixed Killstreak reward system

Character customization (per faction)

Theater to save Kills, Screenshots, etc (I personally love this one)

Fixed Spawning system

Perks balancing

Weapon Balancing

More Zombie maps

Better map design (over mw2)

Bots for offline/split screen modes (great one)

Split screen online gameplay (like COD3)

Dedicated servers (mostly wanted) OR (improved matchmaking search options like in WaW)

Online Stats (+ mobile apps like WaW iPhone App)

Competitive Playlists

Hardcore Mode for All game types

If you have more ideas keep em coming, lets bump them up and share them with us community and developers.

---UPDATE---More great ideas coming---

Keep the Title/Emblem for callsigns

Add more CLAN support functionality, clan management/stats

Customizable insignias/badges for clans
JorgeXBL
36 REPLIES

Re: What we really want in multiplayer

in reply to JorgeXBL
I have been wanting customizable characters forever. Halo and Socom even have that. treyarch needs to look into it, it would make the game so much more personal to each player. I'm actually excited about this game, as much as I don't like ww2 type games, treyarch did a good job, especially with their maps so I cant wait to see what they will do now that they're making a modern warfare type game.
muthalika

in reply to JorgeXBL
I'd like to see more than 4 Zombie maps.
stancepunk

in reply to JorgeXBL
some sort of theatre option for saving game winning kills or something along those lines.
nerkster

in reply to JorgeXBL
Won't customizing characters make it a little harder to distinguish enemies from friendlies? Just a thought but I do like the idea of having unique looking characters.
madgamez

in reply to JorgeXBL
No it would be easy to tell who your teammates are still because you would be able to customize a "terrorist" character and a "army" character. And you could only equip each character with items that are appropriate for said character.
muthalika

in reply to JorgeXBL
Yea i agree the Kill streaks RUIN MW2!!! LIKE OMG!! anyways yea i want more customization like even like you could make your own camo instead of gold like in Cod4 and like characters. Also Mw2 ruined the class system like putting Perk 1: Sleight of Hang Perk 2: Stopping power Perk 3: Ninja (pro) i meen like thats like a class is just to over powered i liked when like sleight of hand was perk 2 ect. Bettering mapsss i thing Mw2 mapps blowww
irxjaykob

in reply to JorgeXBL
I hope they bring back the stat tracking. I am a huge stat whore and the tracking system in W@W was amazing. I loved being able to see my wins/losses/ratio and kills/deaths/ratio for each game type. Seeing as W@W is by far my favorite game in the series, I know Treyarch won't disappoint.
skyline818

in reply to JorgeXBL

nerkster wrote:

some sort of theatre option for saving game winning kills or something along those lines.

This.
XxXChR1ZXxX

in reply to JorgeXBL

irxjaykob wrote:

Yea i agree the Kill streaks RUIN MW2!!! LIKE OMG!! anyways yea i want more customization like even like you could make your own camo instead of gold like in Cod4 and like characters. Also Mw2 ruined the class system like putting Perk 1: Sleight of Hang Perk 2: Stopping power Perk 3: Ninja (pro) i meen like thats like a class is just to over powered i liked when like sleight of hand was perk 2 ect. Bettering mapsss i thing Mw2 mapps blowww

I think they did that because nobody ever touched sleight of hand ?
XxXChR1ZXxX

Studios