What we really want in multiplayer

Black Ops forum

muthalika wrote:

No it would be easy to tell who your teammates are still because you would be able to customize a "terrorist" character and a "army" character. And you could only equip each character with items that are appropriate for said character.

you really cannot choose what team you want to be on so this really might not work.
Mr_Baconcake
FIX THE DAMN RESPAWN SYSTEM!!!!!!! i hate every time i play i spawn into nades cross fire or infront of some one seven times in a row.

Plus enough of this noobtubin crap . Give them one tube and dont give them the ability to get another tube. but keep scavenger and maybe oneman army.

Care packages are anoying as hell speacially when they get a nuke in one.

CUTIMIZABLE CHARECTERS!!!!!!!!! atleast the freaking color of your guy. Make regular a little less dependant on stopping power.

AND DONT JUST FREAKING LEAVE HARD CORE MODE WITH A CRAP LOAD OF ERRORS!!!!!
h3llslin3r
I agree with most of the things suggested here. As for the customization, I think it would have to be something that doesn't change the characters appearance a whole lot though. For example, shades, a red scarf, black gloves etc. I also liked what IW did with the XP. Bonuses for headshots double kills and things like that. The game winning kill cam was also really great and should definitely be put into Black Ops.

Killstreaks

The whole customizable kill streak thing in MW2 was a nice idea, but it was done so, so wrong. If you guys are going to have customizable killstreaks, I would like to see killstreak tiers. for example:

Tier 1 (3 kills) - UAV/Counter UAV etc.

Tier 2 (5 Kills) - Airstrike/Artillery/predator etc.

Tier 3 (7 kills) - Helicopter/Dogs/Ammo drop etc.

Tier 4 (12 kills)- Pavelow/AC130 etc.

Tier 3 kill streak won't count towards tier 4, btw I'm not asking for those specific killstreaks from mw2 to be put in Black Ops, I'm just using them as an example.

Gun Camo

Gun camo is a nice little reward for mastering a certain gun. This should definitely return, gold camo and all. Also, Custom Tiger would be nice. For example, after 200 headshots, you will be able to choose the color of the tiger camo.

Perks

Bring back equipment perks. having an RPG as a secondary, or Claymores and C4 in place of grenades was just stupid. Juggernaut, I know everybody hates it, but the fact is, juggernaut was put in CoD4 to counter Stopping power. It needs to be in the game. Perks that were replaced need to return, like Bandolier, Overkill, Extreme Conditioning, Deep Impact, Double Tap, Dead Silence, Iron Lungs, Dead Silence. Pro perks can stay in MW2, however some of the perks in the game were pretty useful, like Lightweight, Hardline, Bling and Scrambler.

Stats

The leaderboards in WaW were amazing. Being able to compare ratios with anyone in the lobby you've joined was my favorite part. Being able to go online and check detailed statistics of all of your matches was really great too. These things should return.

Bare Bones playlists Please!

No perks except for Blue equipment perks (RPGs, C4 etc.). You can already disable perks in private matches, why not make this into a few playlists?

Zombies

Who didn't love Nazi Zombies? I think there should be turrets at certain points of the map, as well as boss monsters. For example, a zombie bear with an insane amount of health (depending on how many players are in the game), or even a really fast zombie wolf.
bigman02
how about weapon balance. no mp40 dominance. its truly all they need. oh and a beta.
PariahX

PariahX wrote:

how about weapon balance. no mp40 dominance. its truly all they need. oh and a beta.

Haha, agreed on both points.
bigman02

h3llslin3r wrote:

FIX THE DAMN RESPAWN SYSTEM!!!!!!! i hate every time i play i spawn into nades cross fire or infront of some one seven times in a row.

Plus enough of this noobtubin crap . Give them one tube and dont give them the ability to get another tube. but keep scavenger and maybe oneman army.

Care packages are anoying as hell speacially when they get a nuke in one.

CUTIMIZABLE CHARECTERS!!!!!!!!! atleast the freaking color of your guy. Make regular a little less dependant on stopping power.

AND DONT JUST FREAKING LEAVE HARD CORE MODE WITH A CRAP LOAD OF ERRORS!!!!!

Ummm you can't get a nuke in a care package.

I'd like to see dedicated servers-as would probably 95% of the community. Of course that will probably never happen. I think it would also be nice to not be put into a game in progress, or at least have the option to do that (ie. The way L4D lets you choose to find a game in progress) because nobody likes joining a game where the enemy team has an AC130/Pavelow in the air. Noob-tubes gotta go as well with all of the other shinanigans that go on such as boosting and what not.
bjlafave

Mr Baconcake wrote:

muthalika wrote:

No it would be easy to tell who your teammates are still because you would be able to customize a "terrorist" character and a "army" character. And you could only equip each character with items that are appropriate for said character.

you really cannot choose what team you want to be on so this really might not work.

Actualy could work

1.They could put it in the barracks were u could customize a character for each faction

2.Put it in the pregame lobby when they divide up the teams
savageraptor

Kalaziel wrote:

No more stupid killstreak rewards that promote camping. Only 3, 5, 7 and 11 killstreak (not changeable) as in COD4 and CODWAW!

I totally agree

denverbroncos
TREYARCH, IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTERESTS TO LISTEN TO THIS:

WANTS: In-depth customizable characterization, Balanced weaponry across all gun types, loads more camouflage options for the gun and your character, PLEASE, PLEASE SOME MAP THAT ENCOURAGE LARGE SCALE WAR WITH VEHICLES AND AIRCRAFT AND SHIT BLOWING UP, when a player reloads the magazine actually falls out of his weapon(a little picky I know, sue me), player cocks weapon as match countdown starts(to make it look badass), crossbow to replace the noob tube(possibly),GOLD CAMOUFLAGE, when joining a buddy's game it lets you join his squad, detailed callsigns, gamemode WAR, increased player capacity to like 24 like COD3 but only on the largest of maps,equipment perk slot again(like cod4 and waw),a single button for vote like the X button again, All factions from the story(MW2 left out a couple factions that would've been tight). OH, AND PLEASE COULD YOU ADD COMPUTERS FOR OFFLINE PLAY???

DON'T WANTS: NOOBTUBE!!!!!, stopping power(GET RID OF STOPPING POWER AND LET US EXPERIENT WITH THE OTHER PERKS WITHOUT HAVING TO PANIC ABOUT THE OTHER PERSON BEING ABLE TO KILL US FASTER), no recoil weapons, joining a game that is close to ending, dull maps, danger close(at least not in conjuntion with noobtube), gay sprint animation, shields of any kind, juggernaut, gay respawn system, overpowered vehicles(Keep it balanced), scavenger-like perk that replenishes NOOBTUBES or any disliked weapons from previous games, low fucking health(At least give us health like cod4 or make it so the lagg was the same like in cod4 where you had to anticipated a little where the enemy was heading to get a shot in him), AN INTERNAL BETA LIKE WHAT HAPPENED WITH MW2, NOOBTUBE, NOOBTUBE, NOOBTUBE, NOOBTUBE, NOOBTUBE!!! GODAMN I CAN'T STRESS THAT ISSUE ENOUGH!

IT'S IN YOUR BEST INTERESTS TO READ THIS AND TO INTERPRET WHAT'S BEST FOR THE GAME. I BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS ROCK! THIS GAME WILL EITHER MAKE OR DESTROY YOUR POSITION IN THE COD FRANCHISE. I LOVE COD, SO DON'T FUCK THIS UP. PEACE!
SeFu2006
All your comments have been very helpful and have made a lot of contributions on ideas I didnt think about. I'll make an outline of them:

Fixed Killstreak reward system

Character customization (per faction)

Theater to save Kills, Screenshots, etc (I personally love this one)

Fixed Spawning system

Perks balancing

Weapon Balancing

More Zombie maps

Better map design (over mw2)

Bots for offline/split screen modes (great one)

Split screen online gameplay (like COD3)

Dedicated servers (mostly wanted) OR (improved matchmaking search options like in WaW)

Online Stats (+ mobile apps like WaW iPhone App)

Competitive Playlists

Hardcore Mode for All game types

If you have more ideas keep em coming, lets bump them up and share them with us community and developers.
JorgeXBL

Studios