What we really want in multiplayer

Black Ops forum

Re: What we really want in multiplayer

in reply to JorgeXBL
I loved W@W's class customization because it really seemed like you could focus your entire class around a weapon or strategy. MW2's has some good points, but it mostly just seems like everyone using the most powerful setups possible because the way the perks are tiered with no drawbacks. I'm sure class customization will be fully fleshed out since Treyarch has said that customization is key to Black Ops both in the game and historically.

Please also bring back W@W's game modes like War and the good old Capture the Flag. MW2's version of Capture the Flag is a sham. W@W-style CTF is what we need in Black Ops.
ishigoturi

in reply to JorgeXBL
Personally I would love to see the ability to system link 4 people a console, like the halo games. I know basically all cod games have not had this feature but if it could be inserted into black ops that would be awesome.
gootsfrey

in reply to JorgeXBL
The most important thing I wanted in COD: BO was dedicated servers. But since they're not going to give us console gamers dedicated servers I won't waste my money on this game. But I am really damn excited about it but I took it off reserve today. Hackers are going to ruin the multiplayer without dedicated servers, even though they'll try to fix the matchmaking. I'm disappointed alot and I thought they wouldn't go the way of IW.
Ghost302

in reply to JorgeXBL
Add more clan functionality to your list. I want a way to manage my clan in game like in Halo 2 where I had my clan roster built into the game.

Perhaps we could even get customizable clan titles and emblems? Maybe even a customizable shoulder badge with our clan symbol on it for our in-game characters? That would be really cool.
Condey

in reply to JorgeXBL

Condey wrote:

Add more clan functionality to your list. I want a way to manage my clan in game like in Halo 2 where I had my clan roster built into the game.

Perhaps we could even get customizable clan titles and emblems? Maybe even a customizable shoulder badge with our clan symbol on it for our in-game characters? That would be really cool.

Aesthetically, Treyarch should revamp Clan Recognizable by make their titles, decals, emblems, and tags as distinguished as possible, hence players can enjoy their new looking in the game.
dlim783

in reply to JorgeXBL
I'm an advocate for 3-5-7 kills. I don't wanna see it pushed to 11 also. My idea was to have three or four different killstreak rewards for each set of kills. You would get a random killstreak reward for each 3-5-7. Even with customizable 3-5-7s people will just pick the best ones. If they are random it would add some unknown to the gameplay. Maybe at three you get recon or jamming etc..
AirborneI

in reply to JorgeXBL
i would love custom apperence e.g bandana,gas mask,beret,helmet,night vision goggles,flak jacket,t-shirt,gillie suit,artic coat,trench coat,bandolier,grenade harness,etc etc
iiirichieiii

in reply to JorgeXBL

iii RICHIE iii wrote:

i would love custom apperence e.g bandana,gas mask,beret,helmet,night vision goggles,flak jacket,t-shirt,gillie suit,artic coat,trench coat,bandolier,grenade harness,etc etc

Sounds good to me, would we edit this in create a class or in a seperate section? Create a class is pretty detailed as it is, but it would be nice to have different appearences for different classes.
thefreshprince

in reply to JorgeXBL
There could also be open based zombie maps like Creek in CoD 4. It would be more fun if you could just run away with your friends when zombies start coming from every directions. Another suggestion is that they could make couple zombie maps with a mission to go from a to b like in Left 4 dead. Then one playtime wouldn't last so many hours.
rapsu93

in reply to JorgeXBL
The idea in COD3 was first to make splitscreen online play. It was great! If we would have this on other new Call of Duties. And also splitscreen campaign was awesome. Put them both in there!!! (at least splitscreen online)
SpeznazElite

Studios