Why Prestige?

Black Ops forum

There should be more incentives to prestige in call of duty games, I mean sure, you get more custom class slots but the average joe only uses 3 slots frequently in the game.

I would like to get some feedback (for myself and for treyarch so they can do a good job convincing me to)

about why I should prestige.

I believe that there should be certain perks that can only be acquired through prestige, certain equipment, attachments and even custom weapons for prestige. Perhaps in one of the prestiges (preferably 1) the option to dual wield M16s is viable. Also in one of the later ones (4+) there is a gun called AK-47 Noir that has ALL attachments instead of just 1 or 2.
naraku
44 REPLIES 44
Because staying at the max level leaves you bored. Simple as that. If you don't get bored, don't prestige.
purplemonkey
Honestly, they should make it so you can earn new guns as you prestige.

Nothing that would be overly powerful and leave the dudes who are behind at a great disadvantage, but adding new guns, or even new camo's and or attachments for your weapons would probably encourage more people to prestige.

But again, they would really have to make it so there isn't any type of significant advantage for people who are ahead of others, or else there would be a lot of whining.
Silverwing_x

S6X-Stringz wrote:

Honestly, they should make it so you can earn new guns as you prestige.

Nothing that would be overly powerful and leave the dudes who are behind at a great disadvantage, but adding new guns, or even new camo's and or attachments for your weapons would probably encourage more people to prestige.

But again, they would really have to make it so there isn't any type of significant advantage for people who are ahead of others, or else there would be a lot of whining.

I agree with this. We should get some incentive to prestige besides custom classes. But something that would do something like a weapon or new perk.
boomersooner234
I agree they should make more available when prestiging but ill try to go all the way if possible.
Mark_666SKFL

Naraku wrote:

There should be more incentives to prestige in call of duty games, I mean sure, you get more custom class slots but the average joe only uses 3 slots frequently in the game.

i use classes according to maps. so another custom class is always welcomed so i can have different classes for other game modes. it helps to know ur covered.
guydude
Why does the world spin round? Why do birds fly in the sky?
SaMo94-

SaMo94- wrote:

Why does the world spin round? Why do birds fly in the sky?

how do u get red font?
guydude
do you realize how dumb you sound when you say dual wield m16s? i stopped reading after that
aleksx11
i dont like the idea of unlocking guns but i think camos should be unlocked through prestige. i already posted my idea in another thread though. don't feel like posting it again.
olsonchr

Studios