Why do people hate campers?

Black Ops forum

Hi,

Just wondered why people hated campers so much? Yes ok they hide in a corner, and ambush people as they pass, and yes they do only tend to get 4-5 kills per match, but they don't get killed as often, so they actually HELP you in TDM. Surely the whole point of the game is to try to get as many kills for as few deaths as possible, so as long as they get more kills than deaths I don't mind them on my side.

My personal hatred is those idiots who run around with Lightweight, Marathon and shotguns - Sure they may get 18 kills per match, but then die 22 times which is actually worse for your team!

BTW - Before you all think I'm a camper myself I only tend to "camp" when I've set a claymore up, and when that's gone I then move round trying to locate other kills!
SWM79
27 REPLIES 27

SWM79 wrote:

Hi,

Just wondered why people hated campers so much? Yes ok they hide in a corner, and ambush people as they pass, and yes they do only tend to get 4-5 kills per match, but they don't get killed as often, so they actually HELP you in TDM. Surely the whole point of the game is to try to get as many kills for as few deaths as possible, so as long as they get more kills than deaths I don't mind them on my side.

My personal hatred is those idiots who run around with Lightweight, Marathon and shotguns - Sure they may get 18 kills per match, but then die 22 times which is actually worse for your team!

BTW - Before you all think I'm a camper myself I only tend to "camp" when I've set a claymore up, and when that's gone I then move round trying to locate other kills!

Because people are impatient, and unless its TDM its an unconstructive way to play. Also, even in TDM, you can be spawn trapped to one point if one of your team is camping in a certain area.
anEnglishman
Because people like to play CoD like old style FPS such as Quake, Unreal Tourney etc and in these games they're all fast paced run and shoot and require no thinking about tactics or placement.

Some people dont like surprises......

Although if every one is camping then your in for a LOOOOOOONG game Smiley Tongue
ScarV
I dont hate campers i hate noob tubers i think the nube tube should be a secondary because it is too OP i hate noob who run around with a noob tube and rpg and just blow people up
CrazyKid216
Same reason people hate any given playstyle, they don't think they should die, thus complain about the style of gaming that person uses to kill them.

If the person camps, they only killed that person because they camp.

If the person uses the AK74u, they only killed that person because they rely on the AK74u.

If the person uses Ghost, they only killed that person because their Spy Plane couldn't see them.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

People will always blame any given thing for the reason they died...very few people accept the fact that they were actually bested.
Death8u4u
OMG too many Etc....

They should nerf the letters E & T & C.......

Smiley Tongue
ScarV
well camper are the guys that are not acually good enough at the game to get kills. I f your oneof those people u make it alot les fun fore those who acually enjoy getting legit kills. Its also incredibly boreing to just sit in a corner and shooting at whoever runs by
dormm225

dormm225 wrote:

well camper are the guys that are not acually good enough at the game to get kills. I f your oneof those people u make it alot les fun fore those who acually enjoy getting legit kills. Its also incredibly boreing to just sit in a corner and shooting at whoever runs by

How is it not a legit kill if a camper kills you? Because you feel dumb as hell that you ran right past them and they pop 4 rounds in your back without you even being able to return fire?
Death8u4u

dormm225 wrote:

LMAO

I have a varied styles of play for example:

Sniper - OMG I camp

Heavy Machine Gun - OMG im supporting

Sub Machine Gun - OMG Fast paced gaming

Pistols - OMG Im just there to show people like you that I can

ScarV
If you're talking about people just sitting in one corner for an entire game, I've honestly never seen that happen. If you're talking about someone staying in one room the entire game and camping from there, I've seen that, and it's tactical. If there is a strong point at a map, why in your right mind would you not try to control it? I've gotten 40 kills on Villa camping on the balcony and in the second story of the corner building, so obviously camping can be beneficial more than just getting 4 or 5 kills a game. I've also gone 20-0 on radiation camping the corner building by the ramp. People just hate it when someone is able to hold one position for an entire game and they can't do anything about it. It irritates me too when someone beats me to the strong point on the map and it takes me forever to get them out. Watch the better players in the game, they have 2-3 spots on every map that they try to control, and they camp the living hell out of those spots and run over people. Like Death said, people are just looking for excuses in their shortcomings. I've been blasted by people sitting in a corner.. I've been blasted by someone crouched in some bushes.. I've been blasted by someone prone on a ledge.. I've been owned by someone that held a strong point all game. Oh well, life goes on.

I know the OP isn't whining about camping, but this is for anyone who cries every time something doesn't go their way.
theHum3n8r

Studios