Why do people hate campers?

Black Ops forum

I have often wondered the same thing since it's frowned upon while playing TDM, but seems to be the way a lot of people play HCTDM. It doesn't bother me and like a lot of things in any FPS it's just something to adapt to and learn to play around. Some of the maps in Black Ops seem like they were designed to be camper friendly...all that's missing is a fire pit and ingredients for smores
Kill-4-A-Thrill

SWM79 wrote:

Hi,

Just wondered why people hated campers so much? Yes ok they hide in a corner, and ambush people as they pass, and yes they do only tend to get 4-5 kills per match, but they don't get killed as often, so they actually HELP you in TDM. Surely the whole point of the game is to try to get as many kills for as few deaths as possible, so as long as they get more kills than deaths I don't mind them on my side.

My personal hatred is those idiots who run around with Lightweight, Marathon and shotguns - Sure they may get 18 kills per match, but then die 22 times which is actually worse for your team!

BTW - Before you all think I'm a camper myself I only tend to "camp" when I've set a claymore up, and when that's gone I then move round trying to locate other kills!

i hate campers myself but love when i get called a camper in abusive messages off some scrub that dont have a headset.i dive into most doorways and seem to always catch someone running at me.i had one fella send me about 10 abusive messages last night because i killed him once in the game.so i went back too watch the game in theater mode his first 8 kills he did not move outside of the middle building on array.so just when he taught he was going to get the chopper gunner,im running around doing my retared dive and shoot thing and he ran right past me so i shoot him in the back.i would of loved for him to have a mic so i could here him cry like the random scrub that he is think ill reported him too sony for it
recoil82
Campers I dont mind, like a previous post said as long as they don't do a 4-16 match or similar and we loose by a couple of kills

I camp sometimes, well I don't sit in one place I patrol an area weather it be large or small, I also get abuse for doing that. Like in MW2 once I get abused by lots of people for camping and get the most distance travelled medal... lol

If you get killed over and over by the same camper your silly for running back the same way over and over again, take a different route. There are usually several other opponents to take out somewhere else, instead of giving the camper the pleasure of having you name come up in the nemesis box at the end of the match
OneKiwi

ScarV wrote:

LMAO

I have a varied styles of play for example:

Sniper - OMG I camp

Heavy Machine Gun - OMG im supporting

Sub Machine Gun - OMG Fast paced gaming

Pistols - OMG Im just there to show people like you that I can

Perfect man perfect! I also use a rather varied playstyle, it all comes down to map and game type for me. My favorite thing to do by far, is to toss a silenced pistol on a class, and creep around popping people from behind. What is more humiliating than getting plinked to death. Hilarious!
MaddMaxx93

SWM79 wrote:

Hi,

Just wondered why people hated campers so much? Yes ok they hide in a corner, and ambush people as they pass, and yes they do only tend to get 4-5 kills per match, but they don't get killed as often, so they actually HELP you in TDM. Surely the whole point of the game is to try to get as many kills for as few deaths as possible, so as long as they get more kills than deaths I don't mind them on my side.

My personal hatred is those idiots who run around with Lightweight, Marathon and shotguns - Sure they may get 18 kills per match, but then die 22 times which is actually worse for your team!

BTW - Before you all think I'm a camper myself I only tend to "camp" when I've set a claymore up, and when that's gone I then move round trying to locate other kills!

Play objective modes like domination and demolition then try and tell me that campers help your team lol
G_SE7EN7
I have a personal camping story to tell everyone.

Alright, here I go...

So I was playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch on Cliffside(World at War) and started to eat some ice-cream; a drum-stick to be exact. Clearly I couldn't play with two hands seeing as I wanted to enjoy the deliciousness of the ice-cream nor did i want it to melt in the ten minutes that i had to play. I had to play with one hand and it was difficult to move and to shoot at the same time. So I decided to camp until I finished the ice-cream. I was camping on the side closest to the cliff, right at the underpass area. While enjoying the orgasmic explosions of flavor in my mouth, I raked in about 5-6 kills, I can't really remember. After the ice-cream and the cone were all gone, I continued to kick some ass, but without the camping of course.

Alright, so that was my story. The reason I get annoyed by campers is because it takes no skill, and it's kinda a buzz-kill for the game. I know that it's a strategy...but a really cheap one.

And no, I don't run around like a moron. I play smart and get 10-20(+) kills a game. But then the lovely spawning comes in and I get a few dozen deaths.
guydude
If you played call of duty 4 you know how much more fun and effective rushing is, camping just gets annoying when there is a guy crouching around every corner
crysiiz_x
People who sit put in a corner are hysterical to watch. I can understand if you're in a high traffic area camping, but if you're camping in a spot that no one EVER really goes to or theres no traffic at all and you get killed by them, thats the only kind of camper I hate.
xSt4y_r3ady_C3D
Campers are easy kills.

The amount of times you get disconnects due to hosts worried about KDR is fucking outrageous.
Mulrooney
I totally agree. Sadly, it is also a secondary with the China Lake. Grenade launchers are nerfed in this game, but I still get noobtubed every game...
aug50m3blackops

Studios