Will blackops be runned by Steam?

Black Ops forum

Will blackops be runned by Steam?

If so,im not buying it and im not the only person...!!
dope_boy
39 REPLIES 39
No I wont buy it either then, steam sucks
Mbb15
There are pros and cons to steam the pros for this would be if you lost the cd, or cd key it will always be tied to your account so you can always download it again. Your rank will always be there with steam cloud, so if you have to reformat and forget to save your profile you don't have to start over. You can keep in touch with everyone you play with to make recruiting quick and easy for you clan.

Cons

Forces you to run steam and can't play the game without steam or without anyone knowing you are online.

Sometimes steam doesn't want to show your friends online
Inferno94
Steam has its ups and downs; in some ways its better, in some ways its not. With the confirmation that dedicated servers will be coming back,though, it looks more or less that, yes, you can buy the steam version, but you can also buy a boxed version without using steam as prevousily done with CoD4+. This is all based on speculation though.
vTOwnage

vTOwnage wrote:

Steam has its ups and downs; in some ways its better, in some ways its not. With the confirmation that dedicated servers will be coming back,though, it looks more or less that, yes, you can buy the steam version, but you can also buy a boxed version without using steam as prevousily done with CoD4+. This is all based on speculation though.

Yes, most likely it will not require steam like MW2 wut it will just be an option. I do however hope it has more steam support than WaW had.
}CoG{Bender
I don't want it to require Steam because what if I'm not the only one who wants to create an account and play online in my house? I wouldn't want people playing on my account. They need to keep it like the previous COD games before Modern Warfail 2.
ebevan91
Another con of Steam is that you can't have multiple 'accounts'.
xXLtStrikeXx

xXLtStrikeXx wrote:

Another con of Steam is that you can't have multiple 'accounts'.

That's probably the worst con that steam has
theknifefactor
i want Xfire with Black Ops
Peanut_1

Peanut 1 wrote:

i want Xfire with Black Ops

Same here
theknifefactor

Studios