Black Ops forum

in reply to ArkansasBoy
As a few people have mentioned about a .8-.95 is probably "average"... I don't think it matters AS much in objective games but it always is an important tracker. Mine is 1.00 Smiley Tongue I cap objectives A LOT!
gibgibownsu
in reply to ArkansasBoy

DarkShadow56 wrote:

1. For every kill there's a death, and vice-versa.

this, 1.0+ is the average, 1 kill for 1 death. if you got less than L2P.
supaghost99
in reply to ArkansasBoy

supaghost99 wrote:

DarkShadow56 wrote:

1. For every kill there's a death, and vice-versa.

this, 1.0+ is the average, 1 kill for 1 death. if you got less than L2P.

inaccurate do to suicides, it has to be below 1.0
gibgibownsu
in reply to gibgibownsu

The question becomes what do we mean when we say "average k/d"? To make this stat meaningful at all, we certainly mean that I if pick players at random from the leaderboards, on average what is their k/d? Hence every player is weighted the same.

In this sense, the average k/d is certainly not 1, not even close if fact.

For every beast there are 10,000 kids with 0-0.7 k/ds such that their total kills / total deaths is the inverse of the good players stats. (So the stats even out to a 1 kd in total)

His number is only counted once (say 3.05), the fact that he has 80,000 kills does not make him more "powerful" in the system. The bad numbers are counted 10,000 times. Bad players and infrequent players dominate the system. Not the diehards, or even the average players.

Conclusion: Average k/d is probably around .4-.5 . If you put no restrictions on how many lifetime kills someone needs to be counted, it's probably even worse.

I would like to know:

Average kd with players over 10k kills

"                    "             over 20k kills

"                     "             over 50K kills

So on.

Factor out all the people who haven't played enough to be relavent.

Like someone who went 0-1 and never played again shouldn't be counted.

You could do this in about a second if you had access to the leaderboard in a spreadsheet.

tL_baldage
in reply to ArkansasBoy
An Average KD curve would be great!

But how would you take into account people(Noobs/Wankstains) that dashboard?

A system where every kill/death you get is automatically put onto your combat record would be great!

From what i have seen the general skill level on Black Ops is low! Over half the people that play have a less then 1 Kd which is poor. I only play search and my Kd is 2.33. It makes me laugh when i got into a game and see a guy with a 4 kd and think shhiiiiiiiit, he dies in the first round and ".... has disconnected due to transmission erroe" and i laugh and send him/her abusive messages. I always report dashboarders for cheating. I expect they have lost days and days of play on the record from dashing so much. Sad People.
ximrampage
in reply to ArkansasBoy

POKEE-MANZ wrote:

.95-1.05

(Suicides, and dashboards. If two players dashboard in a game, or a team for example, the deaths get thrown off.)

stupid question but I was never 100% sure

dashboarding is if they turn off their machine while playing...if you leave the match by hitting quit game is that still considered dashboarding?
scottyarms81
in reply to ArkansasBoy

scottyarms81 wrote:

stupid question but I was never 100% sure

dashboarding is if they turn off their machine while playing...if you leave the match by hitting quit game is that still considered dashboarding?

If you press quit its not dashboarding, as it saves all your stats and if you are host, host migration kicks in, rather than game ending for everyone in case of dashing...
R4ZOR__________
in reply to ArkansasBoy
How can you not know what dashboarding is?

It says it in the name.

It where you go from the game to the dashboard

(Press xbox button, press Y, up then A) I think, im not at my console.
ximrampage
in reply to ArkansasBoy
All I know is mine is .93 Im an average player in tdm or objectives, but I rule barebones, I still however, dont think i'll ever see a 1.0 or better. Unless im playing bad company. in which Im a 1.03 but thats another story.
metalbabyjesus
in reply to ArkansasBoy
average kd will not be 1. lets me give you a simple situation. lets imagine there are 2 people playing cod. one guy gets 5-1 and the other gets 1-5. whats the average kd? let me tell you now its not 1. one guy has a 5kd and the other has a 0.2 kd

usin simple maths 5 + 0.2 / 2 = 2.6. so the average kd in this lobby would be 2.6.

either way i can tell you its not 1 but i havnt a clue what the actual figure is
cole_train11

Studios