dedicated servers???

Black Ops forum

i heard they have dedicated servers on the pc, but not for ps3??? is this true????
atomictaco94
9 REPLIES 9
they've never had dedicated servers for ps3.. activision is too cheap to give everyone that.. kinda funny i never lagg on bfbc2 and they have dedi's for ps3 its awesome. activisions never heards of pleasing the consumer so i wouldn't count on dedi's for consoles ever.
olsonchr

Olsonchr wrote:

they've never had dedicated servers for ps3.. activision is too cheap to give everyone that.. kinda funny i never lagg on bfbc2 and they have dedi's for ps3 its awesome. activisions never heards of pleasing the consumer so i wouldn't count on dedi's for consoles ever.

I know that BFBC2, Resistance 2, and Burnout Paradise City have them.
jarek718
Response from David Vonderhaar of Treyarch in response to Blame Truth's (Machinima Director) CoD:BO Wishlist video:

RE: Dedicated Servers. Dedicated servers for console (Xbox, PS3, Wii) games. The cost/reward structure of dedicated servers for console games is complicated as All Get Out. I am not talking about PC games. That’s a different, and much easier, conversation. My point is simply that error you see that you think is lag, is not necessarily caused by latency, and dedicated servers won’t solve every perceived error you think is lag.
interdimension

interdimension wrote:

Response from David Vonderhaar of Treyarch in response to Blame Truth's (Machinima Director) CoD:BO Wishlist video:

RE: Dedicated Servers. Dedicated servers for console (Xbox, PS3, Wii) games. The cost/reward structure of dedicated servers for console games is complicated as All Get Out. I am not talking about PC games. That’s a different, and much easier, conversation. My point is simply that error you see that you think is lag, is not necessarily caused by latency, and dedicated servers won’t solve every perceived error you think is lag.

Thats complete utter bs, it just shows their lazy, EA can do it anyone can
thebigb59
Dedicated servers is unlikely for consuls yet in my point of view highly necessary to be in COD BO. Every game I have played that has had Dedicated servers from Medal of Honor Hero's 2 for the Wii-Bad Company 2 for the PS3 has been better (online/lag wise) than any game that doesn't have them.

Does it fix all of them? No but it certainly fixes at least 80% of them if you put in the effort, time, and money.
nate_s_
Highlighted
Hey even insomniac dose it.
jarek718

Nate_S. wrote:

Dedicated servers is unlikely for consuls yet in my point of view highly necessary to be in COD BO. Every game I have played that has had Dedicated servers from Medal of Honor Hero's 2 for the Wii-Bad Company 2 for the PS3 has been better (online/lag wise) than any game that doesn't have them.

Does it fix all of them? No but it certainly fixes at least 80% of them if you put in the effort, time, and money.

Treyarch has more issues on hand than just adding dedicated servers. I personally don't mind having P2P Hosting as long as the game is balanced and enjoyable.

For anyone that's interested, here's David Vonderhaar's full response to all of Blame Truth's complaints and wishes: http://www.codblackopsblog.com/blame-truth-call-of-duty-black-ops-wishlist-video-dev-response/
interdimension

interdimension wrote:

Nate_S. wrote:

Treyarch has more issues on hand than just adding dedicated servers. I personally don't mind have PSP Hosting as long as the game is balanced and enjoyable.

For anyone that's interested, here's David Vonderhaar's full response to all of Blame Truth's complaints and wishes: http://www.codblackopsblog.com/blame-truth-call-of-duty-black-ops-wishlist-video-dev-response/

i think it if was hosted off a psp it would be better than p2p, because p2p fucking sucks
thebigb59

thebigb59 wrote:

interdimension wrote:

Nate_S. wrote:

Treyarch has more issues on hand than just adding dedicated servers. I personally don't mind have PSP Hosting as long as the game is balanced and enjoyable.

i think it if was hosted off a psp it would be better than p2p, because p2p **** sucks

Sorry. I meant to type "P2P Hosting" rather than "PSP Hosting". Fixed.
interdimension

Studios