"Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)

Black Ops forum

I went to Cod4 and trying sniping with my trusty Remington and I dropped an epic fail.....mw2 spoiled me too much :/
An Oreo

An Oreo wrote:

I went to Cod4 and trying sniping with my trusty Remington and I dropped an epic fail.....mw2 spoiled me too much :/

Lol. I can still snipe in CoD4. I make sure to put the game in every once in a while to remind me that not everything is always going to be on Easy Mode. I enjoy Sniping so much more on that and WaW... especially World at War. Every Kill just seems much more satisfying.
kastro187420

Kastro187420 wrote:

An Oreo wrote:

Lol. I can still snipe in CoD4. I make sure to put the game in every once in a while to remind me that not everything is always going to be on Easy Mode. I enjoy Sniping so much more on that and WaW... especially World at War. Every Kill just seems much more satisfying.

I went back to COD4 for the last 2 weeks and played MW2 last night. All the weapons in MW2 make the G36C on COD4 look like the hardest gun to use if it were in MW2. Huge skill requirement seems to be missing from MW2, I can hip fire guns such as the P90 silenced and kill you from medium range in MW2, thats how bad it really was in MW2.
dedicatedserver
My main problem with CoD4 was the size of the hitboxes, I had to aim closer to the enemy. I should really get back to playing them, however I still have bad memories from the m16/mp40 because in those games they had 1 overpowered weapon that breaks the game whereas mw2 there are plenty to choose.
An Oreo
Oreo- also it appears on MW2 that the viewing angle was decreased as players appear larger on MW2 than on COD4. On COD4 you got a wider pan view of the map which made everything smaller, on MW2, its narrower with larger enemies. See for yourself, I was going back and forth comparing as best as I could.
dedicatedserver

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

I went back to COD4 for the last 2 weeks and played MW2 last night. All the weapons in MW2 make the G36C on COD4 look like the hardest gun to use if it were in MW2. Huge skill requirement seems to be missing from MW2, I can hip fire guns such as the P90 silenced and kill you from medium range in MW2, thats how bad it really was in MW2.

I haven't "seriously" played MW2 in I don't know how long. I've been playing BC2, CoD4, and WaW alot more. Its good practice for Black Ops since it looks like they put a bit more recoil into the weapons than MW2. The Skill Requirement in MW2 is lacking because the game is more about Luck than Skill. I've always said that MW2 is all about Spawns and Lag. Whoever has the advantage on those 2 things will probably win.

But alas, I'm dragging my own thread off topic haha... Although CoD4 does seem to lend itself to Stealth much easier than MW2. I just pray Treyarch doesn't add anything like the HBS or Thermal, that would really hurt Stealth Based Play like in MW2. In WaW, the Dogs were nice, but again, they hurt stealth because they'd find you ANYWHERE.

I just really want to see Stealth take a much bigger role in this game. In Black Ops, everything they talk about makes it sound like in Single Player, Stealth can work just as good, so I'd hope they carry that over into MP.
kastro187420
I Agree red names is really bad but aim asisst has to stay or else shoting players and fiding them will be really hard
Alfredolx

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

Oreo- also it appears on MW2 that the viewing angle was decreased as players appear larger on MW2 than on COD4. On COD4 you got a wider pan view of the map which made everything smaller, on MW2, its narrower with larger enemies. See for yourself, I was going back and forth comparing as best as I could.

I never noticed that.

Also, would the field of view of 90 change that? I played mw2 with a fov of 90 and it was pretty sweet
An Oreo
Highlighted

Alfredolx wrote:

I Agree red names is really bad but aim asisst has to stay or else shoting players and fiding them will be really hard

how do i shot player?
xFirestormeX
I agree about aim assist.

It is maybe the most annoying thing in the series. IMO it should be digreased alot or removed complete. Nothing worse than aim on a guy and when u shoot another enemy runs past right infront of u and then the aim just flies to the left or right. And it is something that make u see enemies who are behind cover etc.. REMOVE IT.
ForzaCodMP5

Studios