"Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)

Black Ops forum

Alfredolx wrote:

I Agree red names is really bad but aim asisst has to stay or else shoting players and fiding them will be really hard

That is completely not true. Also aim assist should stay in SP.

new gamers today are no longer coming from the pc, they come straight to consoles so they naturally get the feel for it.
An Oreo
I completely agree,

remove aim-assist!

The red names in MW2 and COD4 weren't as bad as in WaW,

but they should only come up if you're ADS on the enemy and more than 50% is visible.
urza
Look, aim-assist is needed for MOST players what would be more realistic is no aim-assist or red cross hairs trough walls, bushes/high grass or shadowed areas.

No aim-assist for sniper rifles ( Snipers should have skill!).

And the thing that pisses me off the most! is red cross hairs on people with silenced guns!

This would make the difference in between stealth players and non-stealth players.

But that would be overpowered so,

no red cross hairs on people with silencers AND that are not running.

This would encourage camping so,

no red cross hairs on people that have silencers, don't run, and red cross hairs automatically 100% of the time on people that stay at the same place for 20 seconds (except snipers)

What do you think?

This the most balanced thing i could think of.

Really_Confused
tl;dr
irox0r
I do not agree with a complete removal of aim assist, as that's needed by most players since they've grown so accustomed to it.

However, aim assist should ONLY come into effect when you are aiming down your sights!

1) This would fix the stealth problem of people locking on to enemies they can't see while just running around.

2) Hip fire is supposed to by inaccurate! WHY WOULD THERE BE AN ASSIST?!?! Take out hipfire assist and everything is solved.

Btw, I am completely in favor of anything that helps improve the stealth aspect of MP. Stealthy and tactical is my favorite way to play.
xChupa

xChupa wrote:

I do not agree with a complete removal of aim assist, as that's needed by most players since they've grown so accustomed to it.

However, aim assist should ONLY come into effect when you are aiming down your sights!

1) This would fix the stealth problem of people locking on to enemies they can't see while just running around.

2) Hip fire is supposed to by inaccurate! WHY WOULD THERE BE AN ASSIST?!?! Take out hipfire assist and everything is solved.

Btw, I am completely in favor of anything that helps improve the stealth aspect of MP. Stealthy and tactical is my favorite way to play.

Finally, a post that actually makes sense.
Sane_Hedrone
Highlighted
i honestly think nothing AT ALL will be done about aim assist and spawning but i think they should really get rid of the damn names...if you have a grudge against a palyer its not like you can tell who they are before you shoot anyway and it completely DESTROYS stealth. For example about 2 days ago i ran out of the tunnel in afghan and dove into the bushes with my ghillie on, i shot about 3 people then notice one guy pass by me and just decided he wouldnt see me...but i got shot. I watched the kill cam to see how he knew i was their and saw these big frigin red letters pop up that obviously gave away my position....it sucked
Ov3rkill
the red names just annoy me like aim assit isnt that big a deal to me cuz its not that big of a factor like how much does aim assit screw you over cuz i barely ever get screwed by it
jaketravz
I agree with all (I almost always run silence w/ UAV jammer) but the most important is the spawning thing.

-JC
The_Real_jcmoov
I know I siad this in another thread...

I dont care who Im shooting; I do not wish to see their names.

If I really wanted to know their name, I would look a bit to the left...

"... killed so-and-so"
Waver148

Studios