"Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)

Black Ops forum

Yeah, the only problem that I have with the red names, is when they appear through walls, and even then, aren't you suppsoe to know what team you are on, instead of completely relying on the nametags to appear?
drzombie90210

I R Assault100 wrote:

i hate auto aim when i am sniping. you know you have your scope on another sniper THEN his teammate walks in front of your scope moving it out of position and you die because of that.

YES THATS AIM ASSISTS BIGGEST PROBLEM
_thenateanator_

§ The NateAnator § wrote:

I R Assault100 wrote:

i hate auto aim when i am sniping. you know you have your scope on another sniper THEN his teammate walks in front of your scope moving it out of position and you die because of that.

YES THATS AIM ASSISTS BIGGEST PROBLEM

I KNOW RIGHT AIM ASSIST SUX
xFirestormeX
I agree with most of you guys.

The Red-Tags are bullshit and shouldn't be there. This COMPLETLTY ruines Stealth in MW2. I have never played W@W or any other CoD game other than the first one, and that was on the PS3, but I can say I had a share history of Aim Assist.

When I first played Bad Company 2, I saw, like most people would see, the Aim Assist option. I kept it on because I never handled a FPS on a console before, I mostly played on the PC. After a while, I said, "Screw it. I'm not gonna get any better with this on." And so I turned it off, and my aim improved, and now I seem to deal with recoil a lot better.

Fact of the matter is, is that you can't completly turn off Aim Assist. I see where most people have expirence with FPS on the PC [Tom Clancy FTW ] and see that Console-Based FPS require no skill, but look at it this way: Every child that is born and raised from here on out will play on a console (unless some Video Game Crash happens again, or the PC becomes more efficent than the current Consoles) and will so-forth adapt to the skill reqiured for FPS games.

The spawing sucks in MW2. No rant needed there.

-TCG
The_Casual_Game
nice post man, you've obviously put a lot off effort in =1
blackninja12

Blackninja12 wrote:

nice post man, you've obviously put a lot off effort in =1

Yup. It's just my life story. It happens when your a gamer. Kinda wish I still had Tom Clancy...

...the spawing still sucks...
The_Casual_Game
I just read in a thread by another poster who pointed out how the Red Names highlight through the smoke grenades that are thrown. And best of all, it was in the Black Ops MP Trailer... showcasing my exact point with the red names.
kastro187420

I R Assault100 wrote:

That can happen with guns other than snipers but snipers to get it the worst.
TheEnemy95

TheEnemy95 wrote:

I R Assault100 wrote:

That can happen with guns other than snipers but snipers to get it the worst.

Yeah, the Aim Assist really hurts sniping. If for no other reason, that's why I want it turned off. Countless times I've had my kills given up because an enemy in the background went running by and my scope decided to follow it instead of the guy I was just about to shoot.

So many things wrong with how the game tries to play for you. There needs to be some limits on the number of crutches and ways the game attempts to help you. As you level up, these things should go away or be dramatically reduced.
kastro187420

Sane Hedrone wrote:

I agree with most things, though I'll comment on what I don't agree on.

Regarding Aim Assist, I don't think you understand truly how important it is.

Now, I do agree that there can be too much aim assist. And Aim Assist has its flaws (Such as the ones you mentioned regarding aim assist through walls, which has happened, lolz).

But all console games, IMO, do need a tad bit of Auto Aim. And Call of Duty is no exception. For those who don't own a pair, I highly recommend you get FPS Kontrol Freek extended joysticks. When you first put them on, you recognize how truly bad stand alone joysticks are for FPS games.

For those who think Aim Assist doesn't make a big difference, and isn't needed. Do a private match, friendly fire ON, and just teammkill with your friends. I guarantee you'll notice a difference.

Everything else I agree on though.

I agree with this post.
vileself

Studios