"Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)

Black Ops forum

Kastro187420 wrote:

I just read in a thread by another poster who pointed out how the Red Names highlight through the smoke grenades that are thrown. And best of all, it was in the Black Ops MP Trailer... showcasing my exact point with the red names.

Saw it too. Which points out that in Harcore Mode, why not take everything HUD-based away (including the Red-Tags). I see that that will lesser the value of Cold-Blooded, except for Killstreaks, but seriously, it's pathetic. Hopefully Treyarch catches this, or else I will go insane.

...spawing sucks (swear last time)...

The_Casual_Game

Kastro187420 wrote:

Sane Hedrone wrote:

Then your really good at aiming.

And its not just a matter of some people need it. Its something practically every console gamer needs. I know most console gamers thinks that it hurts them more than helps them, it doesn't. You may be one of the few exceptions.

Normally, I'm all for widening the skill gap, but when it comes to something like Auto Aim, that effects nearly everybody so severely, I don't take my usual stance.

If auto aim were to be removed, it would do more harm than good. Nearly everybody would have an extremely difficult time aiming (Even if you don't). As a result, automatic, large magazine weapons would become the only viable option for many players. Sniper Rifles, semi automatics, and low magazine sized weapons would all be useless for most players. And since nobody can aim effectively, most people would resort to a very defensive play style.

Basically, MW2 without the BS perks and attachments. Accept instead of Assault Rifles being overpowered, LMGs would be overpowered.

Then maybe its just because I play games alot. But I think at the very least, as I said, you should be able to prevent people from utilizing Aim Assist against you by having a Cold Blooded style perk. It should just be built right into the perk, no requiring a "pro" version.

No. Lower or remove aim assist for EVERYONE or NOBODY.
coolguy5777

coolguy5777 wrote:

No. Lower or remove aim assist for EVERYONE or NOBODY.

Ideally it would be removed for everyone.. but realistically, since I know that's not going to happen, I would like to see a method to remove it or limit it... and the only way I can see that happen is through a Perk.. and I figure giving "Cold blooded" these extra benefits would make the perk much better.
kastro187420
How about "Aim Assist" until you reach Lv.10?
8-Bit_Bandoneon

8-Bit Bandoneon wrote:

How about "Aim Assist" until you reach Lv.10?

I guess, but if the level up rate is anything like MW2, then it won't work. For BFBC2's level up rate, it would work perfectly.
The_Casual_Game
Everyone here saying they don't need aim assist has no clue. Every single console shooter uses it so you can't even say you don't need it.
kirbinanator

kirbinanator wrote:

Everyone here saying they don't need aim assist has no clue. Every single console shooter uses it so you can't even say you don't need it.

There is a difference between needing it, and using it. And while shooting at PEOPLE utilizes aim assist, shooting at objects doesn't. How do you account for accurate shooting against objects (walls, signs, things like that)? Hell, Mirror's Edge doesn't use Aim Assist.. and while the shooting in that isn't a big part of the game, its still easy to maintain accuracy.

The people who believe that Aim Assist is a requirement either play PC Games alot, or don't play enough on Console. All this talk about "Precision" and how much more precise PC is would mean something if I was trying to shoot a pinhole sized target that kept moving... but the distances and sizes of the objects in these games aren't so small that its impossible to hit them.
kastro187420
Highlighted
Yes, red names need to be removed. Also green names need to ALWAYS show up. I can't tell you how many times I've killed my teammates because their name wouldn't come up when I was looking directly at them. (HC)
xFirestormeX
In all honesty, the biggest problem with aim assist is this: when you are about to kill two enemies in a row, and then they cross paths and the auto-aim puts your crosshair right in between the two, which means you now kill 0 enemies, and they kill you.

As long as they leave the option to turn the damn thing off (which IW took away) I will be happy with the aim assist.
BinaryTox1n

Kastro187420 wrote:

kirbinanator wrote:

There is a difference between needing it, and using it. And while shooting at PEOPLE utilizes aim assist, shooting at objects doesn't. How do you account for accurate shooting against objects (walls, signs, things like that)? Hell, Mirror's Edge doesn't use Aim Assist.. and while the shooting in that isn't a big part of the game, its still easy to maintain accuracy.

The people who believe that Aim Assist is a requirement either play PC Games alot, or don't play enough on Console. All this talk about "Precision" and how much more precise PC is would mean something if I was trying to shoot a pinhole sized target that kept moving... but the distances and sizes of the objects in these games aren't so small that its impossible to hit them.

I agree with this. i know console players aren't helpless and they shouldn't be treated like that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey

Studios