"Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)

Black Ops forum

Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Steal...

in reply to kastro187420
i dont like aim assist at all. Red names arent that big a deal as aim assist.
Zantx1

in reply to kastro187420

Zantx1 wrote:

i dont like aim assist at all. Red names arent that big a deal as aim assist.

I agree the Red Names aren't as big of a deal, but its something so simple that should've been done away with years ago. Not in just Call of Duty, but games everywhere. In 9/10 instances, its easy to tell who the enemy is, and who isn't. I'm just surprised we're still being told.
kastro187420

in reply to kastro187420

I R Assault100 wrote:

i hate auto aim when i am sniping. you know you have your scope on another sniper THEN his teammate walks in front of your scope moving it out of position and you die because of that.

That is the most annoying thing! ive missed a few kills yesterday because of that. and one wouldve been my nuke lol
austinbercier

in reply to kastro187420
just remove it
Really_Confused

in reply to kastro187420
I would like aim assist removed just so people can stop complaining about quick scoping relying solely on aim assist.

Maybe they could make a playlist where aim assist is taken off.
floridagatorfan

in reply to kastro187420
Honestly the red name tags don't bother me a bit. What really bothers me is team mate names showing up all the time. Here is a tip/suggestion, allow us to turn it off or toggle different versions. I personally would like to see something like an arrow to indicate a team mate. I can tell you how many times I have not seen or lost sight of an enemy behind some tools giant stupid gamer tag.
iwinslow

in reply to kastro187420

floridagatorfan wrote:

Maybe they could make a playlist where aim assist is taken off.

I think this is the best idea, possibly Hardcore should have no aim assist, we don't want to split the fanbase too much.

I think aim assist does have it's flaws, but I beleive Sane is correct with what he has said.

Here's an above and beyond comparison to aim assist:

You may not like your legs when you trip over them, but you'd find it hard to walk without them.
Feiwinx

in reply to kastro187420

I R Assault100 wrote:

i hate auto aim when i am sniping. you know you have your scope on another sniper THEN his teammate walks in front of your scope moving it out of position and you die because of that.

What aim assist?, the only aim assist I see is in campaign or if somebody has aimbot with a mod.
UndeadExcells

in reply to kastro187420

Feiwinx wrote:

You may not like your legs when you trip over them, but you'd find it hard to walk without them.

That would only be true if you grew up using legs. For those born without legs, they manage just as good without them as we do with them. Its all just a question of "Are you willing to learn?".

Undeadgamer66 wrote:

What aim assist?, the only aim assist I see is in campaign or if somebody has aimbot with a mod.

We're talking about the Aim Assist that likes to drag your scope around while sniping, or causes a slight drag when you move it over an enemy without ADSing. Its really bad in MW2, and I'd like to see it drastically cut down from MP or removed altogether.
kastro187420

in reply to kastro187420

In response to teammates spawning on you, there should be a setting that you can disable that doesn't allow teammates to spawn on you. Also, what console do you play on cos' i'm exactly like you, i go around the whole map undetected to flank the enemy then i have some trigger-happy player telling everyone where we are. I use Ghost, Cold-Blooded, and the suppressor.

xXMJIOLNIRXx1

Studios