Add suppressors for assault rifles and lmg’s

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

I really dont understand why AR’s and lmg’s do not have silencers it makes 0 sense. Ive unlocked the icr and rampart, the titan and hades, and none of them have suppressors which is extremely annoying

Im going to assume none of the others have it either but even if some do its not good enough they need to all have it. Honestly every gun in the game should have silencer as an attachment but at the very least it must be smg, ar, and lmg at a minimum (im including tactical rifles in the AR category as well)

Is it because treyarch thinks suppressors are op? I really dont get it theres a tradeoff to using silencer your damage falls off quicker and it takes more shots to kill so its not all pros and no cons. It was never an issue in previous black ops games including bo3 so why the sudden change for bo4? 

I really hate this change, i hated it in cod ww2 as well, and i really wish they would just add suppressors for all these weapon classes. I like to play stealthy and stay off the radar (again at the cost of needing more shots to kill) and now i dont even have that option for all of these guns. Very disappointing and baffling decision 

lskwjn
7 REPLIES 7

@lskwjn wrote:

I really dont understand why AR’s and lmg’s do not have silencers it makes 0 sense. Ive unlocked the icr and rampart, the titan and hades, and none of them have suppressors which is extremely annoying

Hades has a Suppressor, KN-57 has a Suppressor, SWAT has a Suppressor, Swordfish...Suppressor, Outlaw...Suppressor, GKS has a Suppressor, Tigershark, yep...Suppressor and so do a couple more I've probably missed.  So it does makes SOME sense...to most everyone else anyway.

Im going to assume none of the others have it either

You would be wrong (see above)

Honestly every gun in the game should have silencer as an attachment but at the very least it must be smg, ar, and lmg at a minimum (im including tactical rifles in the AR category as well)

All included in the list...above.

Is it because treyarch thinks suppressors are op? I really dont get it theres a tradeoff to using silencer your damage falls off quicker and it takes more shots to kill so its not all pros and no cons. It was never an issue in previous black ops games including bo3 so why the sudden change for bo4?

Suppressors have always, to some extent decreased the range of a weapon.  Plus you get the perk of staying off the minimap as somewhat of a compensation.  Depends on what you think is more important, shooting a guy at range and everybody sees you or shooting a guy at a shorter range and nobody sees you (on the map that is).  Most of the weapons with suppressors also give you Long Barrel attachment.  This makes up for the range drop.  Yea, yea, I know that's two attachments to accomplish one thing but again, you're wanting to use a suppressor without diminishing the range.  Mission Accomplished.

I really hate this change, i hated it in cod ww2 as well, and i really wish they would just add suppressors for all these weapon classes. I like to play stealthy and stay off the radar (again at the cost of needing more shots to kill) and now i dont even have that option for all of these guns. Very disappointing and baffling decision.

Players have been yammering on about weapon balancing (or the lack thereof) since day one.  Start throwing suppressors around like candy at a Christmas Parade and where does it end? 

Best LMG with a suppressor?  M27A-Ghosts.  All out range, 1% or less recoil.  Slap on a Thermal and you're now the most hated player in the match!

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75
Ok so i didnt notice a suppressor on the hades big deal the other ones i mentioned dont have suppressors and theyre the only ones i unlocked so far so i couldnt tell further down the line. My point still stand the guns in all 3 of these class should have silencer as an attachment option

Not to mention the fact that now i realize as somebody else said not even all the smg’s have suppressors

What is the point of picking and choosing guns in each class to have silencers and exclude the others? It is straight up bad design makes no sense and hurts the game, if they feel the need to tone down suppressors or not allow you to equip long barrel with it fine by me do what is necessary

But dont have them on some guns and not others thats just stupid. Put them on (ideally) all guns but at the very least all smg, AR, and lmg no question
lskwjn

They are lazy. Simples.

In MW you had one attachment you could equip and only 4 options per gun (I think). BO2 it was around 16 attachments for ARs and up to 5 can be selected in BO4. Also in BO4 certain guns do not get attachments they need e.g. the Saug has no range boosting attachment and it sure as hell needs it but it has a stock yet it has fast movement speed anyway.

Eijit88

You have the last bit a bit backwards.

its the actual attachments that sort of define the proper way to use the weapon.

Saug = stock 2, use movement over raw firepower

Cordite = raw firepower, there is where you should use stuff like long barrel

GKS = very accurate so grip 2

3XB = very accurate and HC2

Switchblade = better Saug with RF and better spitfire with RF2.

MX9 = weaksauce in everything but very configurable with different attachments

Spitfire = spray a lot of bullets

So like the Saug, don’t need attachments to kit it out for longer ranges, simply pick up a Cordite or MX9 in that case (MX9 with the right attachments can outshoot a Maddox up to 38m)

BertKK

You are right but from my HC prospective the Saug is useless mid range against a one hit LMG or AR  but the GKS rules the roost and with long barrell  it's a fast moving AR. If each gun had all the attachments it would make better sence as you can put a laser dot on a sniper rifle doesn't help much cqc to be honest.

My point is in older games there was moe gun based content (attachments) that was there for a reason not a cosmetic one (plane wings on an LMG FFS). And now I see these kill effects reinforcing the fact their taget audience has shifted to below the age required to own a Mastercard to pay for all this randomly acquired wank. Just read they are dumbing down campaign on MW 2019 already because games testers cried a bit. Wow. Bad day had to get that last bit out.

Eijit88

Plenty guns that have it and that are also unlocked early.

SMG: MX9, GKS, Saug

AR: VAPR, KN57, Swat

LMG: Hades, Tigershark

Sniper: Outlaw

Most AR above work well with silencer and also MX9/GKS.

I don’t like it on the Saug as it is a short range weapon and if the enemy get so much as a shot off they will know where you are anyway.

BertKK
Highlighted

All weapons need stock

djaran

Studios