BO4 Community Update – 5/14/19

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Highlighted

Greetings everyone, 

We are about halfway through the week and Treyarch has released a small update on all platforms. This time around it is mostly focused around playlists and the return of fan-favorite Blackout mode Ambush. There is plenty more to come in Operation Spectre Rising, so keep an eye out for additional updates. 

Read on below for the full details about this update or head to the source here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/bop08s/may_14th_update_ambush_returns_to_blackout/ 

Black Ops 4 - Community Update 

 

Ambush Returns, Hot Pursuit to Follow

Now live this week on PS4, Xbox One, and PC: Ambush is back in Blackout! Get up close and personal to surprise your enemies, or pick them off from a distance before they even know you’re there. The rules have been updated in this new-and-improved version:

  • Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, and Bowie Knife only.

  • Final Collapse will always end in an open location.

  • SDM removed.

  • Concussion Grenade and Cluster Grenade removed.

  • ATV and ARAV removed.

We’re excited to bring back this sniper-friendly mode for Operation Spectre Rising before Hot Pursuit makes its way back into rotation later this month, so let us know what you think of the new Ambush throughout the week!

Barebones Deathmatch Moshpit Begins May 17

The community’s response to our Barebones game mode has been fantastic since it launched with TDM and DOM, and starting this Friday, we’re expanding on the old-school formula with Barebones Deathmatch Moshpit to introduce Kill Confirmed into the mix along with TDM. The same rules apply: no Specialist Weapons, no Special Issue Equipment, no Gear, and no Operator Mods allowed. Watch for this new Barebones variant in Multiplayer on Friday the 17th at 10AM PT.

We’ve also added time frames for our playlist rotations in Multiplayer and Blackout below for all platforms, to give a clearer view of when to expect playlist updates. As a reminder, playlist refreshes typically occur on Tuesdays and/or Fridays. Read on to see what’s new with today’s update:

 

 

BLACKOUT

  • Ambush

    • Ambush returns to Blackout for a limited time with updated rules:

      • Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, and Bowie Knife only.

      • Final Collapse will always end in an open location.

      • SDM removed.

      • Concussion Grenade removed.

      • Cluster Grenade removed.

      • ATV removed.

      • ARAV removed.

  • Featured Playlists (May 14-17)

    • PS4/Xbox One

      • Ambush

      • Alcatraz

      • Solo

      • Duos

      • Quads

    • PC

      • Ambush

      • Bounty Hunter

      • Duos

MULTIPLAYER

  • Featured Playlists (May 10-17)

    • PS4/Xbox One

      • Prop Hunt

      • Deathmatch Domination

      • Barebones Moshpit

      • Infected

      • Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit

    • PC

      • Prop Hunt

      • Deathmatch Domination

      • Barebones Moshpit

 

-Treyarch


Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator
Likes: 1493
Posts: 8775
Registered: ‎04-06-2013
14 REPLIES 14

Any word yet on if we can get 3rd person for all melee?

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019

pub g or fortnite for you. you the only person here who whines for third person.

panhead1948
Likes: 50
Posts: 175
Registered: ‎11-04-2017

@panhead1948 wrote:

pub g or fortnite for you. you the only person here who whines for third person.


And your the very reason COD has the rep it has.

By the way the rep is not a good one.

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019

@VorxDargo wrote:

@panhead1948 wrote:

pub g or fortnite for you. you the only person here who whines for third person.


And your the very reason COD has the rep it has.

By the way the rep is not a good one.


You're to blame as anyone else too if you care that much about the reputation of this forum.

 

You're calling people name and claim they are troll just because  they don't agree with your 3rd person idea,you go on other thread just to post stupid  image just because they dislike the specter stuff in blackout.

 

 

VonCarsteins
Likes: 128
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎10-12-2017

@VonCarsteins wrote:

You're to blame as anyone else too if you care that much about the reputation of this forum.

 

You're calling people name and claim they are troll just because  they don't agree with your 3rd person idea,you go on other thread just to post stupid  image just because they dislike the specter stuff in blackout.

 

 


Who's the one whining now? Have you read any of the so called comments those people make? Then again as i said you one of the types who help out and make COD the joke it has been in the last few years.

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019

@VorxDargo wrote:

@VonCarsteins wrote:

You're to blame as anyone else too if you care that much about the reputation of this forum.

 

You're calling people name and claim they are troll just because  they don't agree with your 3rd person idea,you go on other thread just to post stupid  image just because they dislike the specter stuff in blackout.

 

 


Who's the one whining now? Have you read any of the so called comments those people make? Then again as i said you one of the types who help out and make COD the joke it has been in the last few years.


So replying to a post = whinning now?

 

I only said that you're part of the problem if you claim that this  forum have a bad reputation because of some poster while you're doing the same stuff.

 

Don't be a hypocrite. 

VonCarsteins
Likes: 128
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎10-12-2017

@VonCarsteins wrote:

So replying to a post = whinning now?

 

I only said that you're part of the problem if you claim that this  forum have a bad reputation because of some poster while you're doing the same stuff.

 

Don't be a hypocrite. 


Oh so people like you who setup a gang mentality when someone ask for something YOU don't like on the forum is the problem. Ok.

Thank you for AGAIN proving my point.

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019

Please bring Spectre blackout game mode back

EPIZIOTOMY
Likes: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: a week ago

@EPIZIOTOMY wrote:

Please bring Spectre blackout game mode back


Or just 3rd person for melee weapons.

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019

Studios