Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Quoted by Dan Bunting in regards to BR (aka BlackOut cause they are too lame to come up with a good name).

"Our approach on this, it's not really about player count".... 

Translation: We suck and can't compete with other games or more likely, we are too cheap too.

... "because at the end of the day it's about whatever that experience is designed to be optimized for"...
Translation: We don't know if we can even create a true BR mode since we just scrapped single player and just started working on BR. We don't know what work is, since we have only been trained to hit control "C" and control "V" in our development cycle. Most likely, you guys will buy our game as long as we keep being extremely cryptic even if we lie and just give you a version of the archaic ground war with search and destory style and call it Battle Royal.

Guaranteed, the maps will be a fraction of the size of Fortnite. It won't be a true BR mode. The cryptic hype aka lies are in full force! Reality, if they don't answer the questions, that means they know you won't like the answer.

I hope everyone that is skeptical keep up the push to get them to disclose the content so we don't experience the joke that was WW2, again.

MurkBeserk Level 75
32 REPLIES 32

I might talk a lot of smack about this game due to a lot of factors but honestly I wanted to be proven wrong,I would have liked to see a fun looking title that was kinda like a Black Ops 1 and 2 hybrid and be proven wrong that hey maybe it won't be as bad as the last 4 titles were....I know I made a lot of assumptions before seeing the trailer and sadly a lot of my assumptions and accusations were true.

You summed it up perfectly all blackout mode is going to be is a poor man's battle royale and probably a piss poor attempt at it too, they saw that the flavor of the month is Fortnite which I don't like but a LOT of people do, I'm not bashing it but it's not for me that's for sure... But back on track you can tell there was little to no effort being brought to the table here, character models lazily being reused, ripping off other games, no campaign, not a single bit of originally and NOTHING new is being implemented at all except that they took away exo suits but still have the same movement style with sliding and grappling hooks so don't try to bs me with this being a boots on the ground title because it's clearly trying to disguise itself as one but fails.

You could honestly assume that they just started working on this game 6 months ago and people might not argue about that or even believe and question it.

I would have liked to have eaten my words but I'm not going to, I watched the trailer, some gameplay footage by YouTubers and my end result is I'm not biting this year. That doesn't mean nobody should if you want to buy this go ahead but I would rather spend $60 on something I can enjoy and not feel like I want my money back a month later.

If this game does fail maybe it'll open their eyes a little but probably not

Rivet_Skull

@Rivet_Skull wrote:

I might talk a lot of smack about this game due to a lot of factors but honestly I wanted to be proven wrong,I would have liked to see a fun looking title that was kinda like a Black Ops 1 and 2 hybrid and be proven wrong that hey maybe it won't be as bad as the last 4 titles were....I know I made a lot of assumptions before seeing the trailer and sadly a lot of my assumptions and accusations were true.

You summed it up perfectly all blackout mode is going to be is a poor man's battle royale and probably a piss poor attempt at it too, they saw that the flavor of the month is Fortnite which I don't like but a LOT of people do, I'm not bashing it but it's not for me that's for sure... But back on track you can tell there was little to no effort being brought to the table here, character models lazily being reused, ripping off other games, no campaign, not a single bit of originally and NOTHING new is being implemented at all except that they took away exo suits but still have the same movement style with sliding and grappling hooks so don't try to bs me with this being a boots on the ground title because it's clearly trying to disguise itself as one but fails.

You could honestly assume that they just started working on this game 6 months ago and people might not argue about that or even believe and question it.

I would have liked to have eaten my words but I'm not going to, I watched the trailer, some gameplay footage by YouTubers and my end result is I'm not biting this year. That doesn't mean nobody should if you want to buy this go ahead but I would rather spend $60 on something I can enjoy and not feel like I want my money back a month later.

If this game does fail maybe it'll open their eyes a little but probably not

BO3 was such a big hit and Treyarch has such a dedicated following, it will still do well, at least the MP will. It remains to be seen how the BR mode does and if it is even a BR mode. What I have seen in MP I would still enjoy the game even with the lack of any innovation or creativity behind it. I am just very critical on the over the top hype and lies to try to push for pre-orders. Made the mistake with WW2 in trusting them and the MP crowd got ripped off with minimal content.

I am with you though, will not be pre-ordering and will be waiting to see full disclosure of what is included before I consider a purchase.

MurkBeserk Level 75

It's true that they have a following but this might be the game that breaks them, the trailer already has so many dislikes and reading the comment section alone makes for entertainment but one common thing discussed is how people are dissatisfied and aren't going to buy it this year.

Unless they do some massive changes and drop the cryptic crap they might have dug a hole that they might not be able to escape... And can they really justify charging $60 for a multiplayer ONLY game?

Rivet_Skull
It won't break them. There are a lot of Treyarch fan boys out there who will buy, play and enjoy the game. Also there are Infinityward fan boys like myself who will be looking to see what they are going to bring out next year, there is always an interest, hype and many playing hours in a cod game bad or good.. I have to admit AW was absolute trash but I went back and played the previous title until next release.

If all fails I have BF that can keep me occupied for a year but cod will never die.
Dante2k Level 75

Oh it won't die, I was more or less talking about sales like how Ghosts failed to meet their expectations then again the game could do well but then lose a massive amount of players after the first month.

I'm mostly speculating I'll lurk around the forums after release to see what really happens

Rivet_Skull

@Rivet_Skull wrote:

It's true that they have a following but this might be the game that breaks them, the trailer already has so many dislikes and reading the comment section alone makes for entertainment but one common thing discussed is how people are dissatisfied and aren't going to buy it this year.

Unless they do some massive changes and drop the cryptic crap they might have dug a hole that they might not be able to escape... And can they really justify charging $60 for a multiplayer ONLY game?

It is very possible they coud ruin the rep on this game based on the lack of single player and how the BR rolls out. I just get this uneasy feeling about this franchise after WW2 where they are more about over promise and under deliver and than ask for forgiveness after they have your money and know you can't get it back. I can't imagine that sales tactic will work too much longer. Might have worked in the past but their competitors are actually real competitors now so they may have to start having to live up to their hype if they will continue this path.

Look at Fortnite, they are the epitomy of under promise and over deliver, the exact opposite of how COD is starting to be percieved. If data was availalbe I would love to see the age group for which COD's most loyal base is. I get this feeling it is the older crowd and the younger gamers are spread across different games and maybe this is in part why they are taking this direction, loyalty can only take you so far, free market and all. Again, just thinking out loud but would be interesting to see that kind of data.

MurkBeserk Level 75

I would be willing to bet you are correct about the younger crowd playing Fortnite...I have a niece, nephew, and a few other school age children I know, including a 10 year old myself...all the buzz is Fortnite at their schools, and all are from different schools...CoD is obviously trying to capitalize on it by including that mode...nothing more than a business tactic to capture more players...I think it is kinda funny though how blatant their ripoffs appear to be, and at the same time telling us to forget what we knew, as if BO4 is some revolutionary FPS...when it's showing to be more of a collection of other FPSs rolled into one...

James8421

@James8421  schrieb:

I would be willing to bet you are correct about the younger crowd playing Fortnite...I have a niece, nephew, and a few other school age children I know, including a 10 year old myself...all the buzz is Fortnite at their schools, and all are from different schools...CoD is obviously trying to capitalize on it by including that mode...nothing more than a business tactic to capture more players...I think it is kinda funny though how blatant their ripoffs appear to be, and at the same time telling us to forget what we knew, as if BO4 is some revolutionary FPS...when it's showing to be more of a collection of other FPSs rolled into one...

The more I see from the game, the more I get the same feeling. And 5 vs.5 only grinds me the most...I always was a huge fan of Ground War, so 5 vs. 5 just OMG.

Horrorman Level 75

@James8421 wrote:

I find it kinda funny that everyone is *****ting on Black ops 4 for copying a gamemode from fortnite..... that fortnite copied from Pubg.... that pubg copied from H1Z1..... that copied from arma........ Interesting.... Not sure why it's a big deal at all. People gunning at them for copy and pasting a mode that was literally copy and pasted like 4 times before it gained a big following seems kinda *****ing stupid to me..... Like anyone going at them for making a BR game is laughable..... yea, lets not make more money? *****ing duuumb lol

St0newa11

Studios