Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

We all can agree that Treyarch is the premier developer.  With that said, there are some things that Treyarch don’t do well.  Some of these things are small nagging problems that are present in most of their games, mainly BO3 and one of their problems is huge and can be game changing.  I’ll start with the small.

- Lobbies that don’t fill up.  In BO3, you play a match and several drop out after it’s over.  Not enough to start a new match.  The lobby will not fill usually...it does not merge with another lobby and basically sits there waiting to fill.  Then you back out only to be thrown into a match already in progress.  And the cycle repeats itself over and over.

- Spawning in a fresh game late.  So many times, I’ll spawn in after the countdown even when I was there from the start.  The enemy will have a half map lead and it’s difficult to set up your route.

- Loadouts not showing up when picking your weapon at the beginning of a match or during the match.  Simple, yet annoying.

- Camos not appearing on your weapon throughout the match and map textures not loading completely.  Another simple thing, yet very annoying.

These are some very simple things that I don’t want to happen in BO4.

Now for the major issue.  Inconsistent connection.  Treyarch makes some wonderfully crafted games with great graphics, smooth movement and some of the most enjoyable gameplay of any of the developers.  But when it’s off connection wise, it’s off.  And I mean horribly off.  This can last for days, weeks.  Sure all of the titles suffer from occasional lag, but in Treyarch titles, it can be laughable.  When it’s playing bad, it’s tough to kill even the worst players.  You’ve heard it a million times, but it’s that thud thud thud thud thud thud hit marker sound only to get blip blip....melted in what seems like a super burst of bullets from your enemy.  I’m sure you’ve all been there.  I hope and pray that Treyarch can correct this with BO4.  You can give me any map, any size.  You can give me boots on the ground or BO3 style movement.  You can even have those dreaded supply drops (which they will).  Just please give me a solid consistent connection on a regular basis and I will be a happy camper....wait, did I call myself a camper...skip that part.

AUTiger93x
5 REPLIES 5
In my WIshlist thread, one of my major points was that they need to get the basics right.

As great as Black Ops 3 was, and in my opinion it was a great game, what held it back were the basics. Connection issues, party issues, bugs, Glitches, Audio issues....

Games are a lot less fun when you can't play with your friends, when you get thrown into uneven lobbies, etc.

If it wasn't for their problems with these basics, Black Ops 3 may have been the greatest game in the series. Even with the issues, it was close.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I think BO3 has its place in the top.  Heck, I’m still playing it after 3 years.  Yes I have IW and WW2 but neither could hold my attention for long.  IW is a train wreck.  WW2....meh, just got bored with it pretty early on.  If you look at BO3 as a whole, it’s an amazing game.  I’m at 72 days played and will continue the grind until BO4.  But Treyarch has to get the issues we both discussed right, or this really may be the end of an amazing run.  I’ve never been one to jump on that bandwagon, but we need another SOLID CoD....and who better to bring it than Treyarch.  Truth be told I was a HUGE Infinity Ward fan before the break up.  I’d really like to see them bring another epic title next year....

AUTiger93x
If they did a game like BO3 and just improved on the issues, I'd be happy.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

The amount of bugs and glitches as in ww2.

Weapon variants with different stats

Game ending reward

Pistol grips etc

Connection and matchmaker like ww2

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Just everything what was in WW2 shouldnt be in BO4, and the game will be better. Joking...hmm...or not...!?

Dont wish...

BOTG

Sh*t sevres and connectivity

only 9 maps at start LOL

That amount of supply drops, or the system they use in WW2 is far to much. Would be to much for every game...

Horrorman Level 75

Studios