BO4 could be in trouble if BFV does...

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

BO4 could be in trouble if BFV does add Battle Royale and Zombies while not removing other modes.

Battlefield has better large engagement experience and converting that to a Battle Royale would be virtually effortless compared trying to shoehorn CoD in BR or rather BR into CoD.

Then you factor in that BF1 recently added or activated an easter egg that greatly implies a possible BF Zombies mode maybe coming.

Battlefield Zombies could be a revolutionary development if it's built on similar Battlefield scale and scope as seen in it's multiplayer.

Last of all Battlefield V just having a miltary shooter campaign will likely draw many CoD campaigners since this BO4 is a pass for many of them.

ligas81
6 REPLIES 6

IMO you cant compare CoD and Battlefield. Every franchise has its lovers and haters. I like both, and playing both. So I hope they are not going to copy things from each other, doesnt matter what it is. Smiley Happy

Horrorman Level 75

They're definitely two different species, I'm not going to buy this installment of cod but I'll at least play the beta when it's free like I did with Infinite Warfare which I do own but haven't played (got it for modern warfare remastered which I still play)

If the new Battlefield looks fun and has some cool mechanics to it or is just as fun as 3 and 4 were I'll pick it up... If not I'll pass both up and do other things.

Rivet_Skull

We got threads like this each year.

And I guess bf forum also.

A lot of if if if.

The games are massively different and both have a following because of that 

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

I don't look at it like that. I judge each game on it's own merits within their own franchise. For instance I played BF1 multi more than IW, but IW wasn't a dead game to me because I poured tons of hours into zombies and enjoyed the campaign. IW was still a success as well as BF1.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@ligas81 wrote:

BO4 could be in trouble if BFV does add Battle Royale and Zombies while not removing other modes.

Battlefield has better large engagement experience and converting that to a Battle Royale would be virtually effortless compared trying to shoehorn CoD in BR or rather BR into CoD.

Then you factor in that BF1 recently added or activated an easter egg that greatly implies a possible BF Zombies mode maybe coming.

Battlefield Zombies could be a revolutionary development if it's built on similar Battlefield scale and scope as seen in it's multiplayer.

Last of all Battlefield V just having a miltary shooter campaign will likely draw many CoD campaigners since this BO4 is a pass for many of them.

Do some reseach.

Cod infinite warfare (highly regarded as the worst call of duty) still sold more units than Bf1 and titanfall combind. At least when I last check months and months and months ago. Cod doesn't need to worry about Battlefield.
Not that I have issues with Battlefield I am just stating a fact that regardless of the two, Cod always sells more. Not to mention Battlefield Single players have always been ***** and will continue to be *****. They should never have started doing that. 

The "zombies" easter egg really doesn't speculate anything to be Zombies.... lol

St0newa11

Help me out here why would anyone get in trouble over what another game does? 

Guess how many games have TDM and did any of them get in or cause trouble for another game?

IMO if more games had what I like great as I play multiple games. If I end up liking both games great bonus for me I do t care if one outsells the other as long as I can find matches and have fun great the rest is irrelevant.

the only stuff I need to factor in is - am I having fun and guess what I can have fun in more than one game 🤡.

either way I really don’t get these types of threads but do have yourself a good one.

MindSpazms Level 75

Studios