Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Dude! Come on! It's solo's ... It's simply every man woman or child for themselves. End of story.

There's no alliances with other players  ... ever! 

I understand what you're getting at with the 'rules' etc 

It just isn't done though. It's not cool, and, it's definitely a scummy move even if it's not breaking any TOS.  

If they weren't chatting on discord and queuing up together, the chances of them happening to team up just because/spur of the moment is an insane long shot. 

They definitely planned to do it and that's exactly what makes it wrong. 

actionbraunjr
Whatever the odds, you still need proof. Unless you're ok with that working the other direction.

Unless there's something the report them for, this just becomes another ranting topic for people to repeatedly post about with no real endpoint, with the basic reduction of "those guys aren't playing the way I want them to".

Is it "proper behavior"? No. Does it rise to the level that action can be taken based on objective criteria? Also no. Life stinks sometimes.
the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

Sorry I'm not sure I understand the other direction. ?

I think the proof is that the players are in a solo game and they're on a hilltop not shooting at each other yet clearly aware of each other. I don't know. Just my opinion really. 

I've never witnessed solo teaming in any of my games. It doesn't seem like a huge problem infesting every lobby.

It's also not really an aspect of, they're not playing how I want them to.

There's squads and duos for playing as teams. So you're then matched up with other teams, thus everyone is on a level playing field.

When you're queuing up for solo. It's just understood that everyone is playing as a solo and will be shooting at anyone else they come across one way or another.  Whether that's straight up shooting immediately on sight or following in pursuit of a sneak attack. Either way you're out there alone trying to be the last one standing. Everyone is on a level playing field.

I completely understand life stinks sometimes. ... Sure. I'm totally fine with that. I completely agree with you there.

But we play these games to get away from it all. At least I do.

To forget about bills and the little everyday stresses or whatever.  When I'm playing I can forget about all that and feel like a kid again for a while.  

If we can't have some sort of rules and expectations of fair play in our little game session then it's going to be more frustrating than anything fun.

I just want to have a little fun for a few hours.

If battle royal solos is going to turn into some sort of weird crazy unwritten alliances happening  .... well I don't think many players would be ok with that. 

To me, -just my opinion and interpretation- it sounds like you're describing some kind of underground society of players, who are conspiring, that everyone who lands in the B7 quadrant of the map and then starts hoopla hooping will be forming an alliance in solos until they are the only ones left standing, and only then will they engage each other.

That doing so, is not breaking any rules and they're just playing a different approach to the game. 

Ok ?!?!

Really!

It seems like a little bit of a troll to me really. 

I'm going to leave it at that. I don't think this issue is one with no real end point. It seems pretty cut and dry to me. You're in solo BR and teaming up ... you're cheating  ... you're not playing by the rules. 

I totally understand that people suck and it could happen, will happen and is going to continue to happen.  But I don't understand how it could be defended as a different approach. 

I'm not saying you're defending it. I just don't understand how it could possibly be defended, again basically cut and dry in my humble opinion. 

/rant.

Thanks 

actionbraunjr
I'm not defending players that team up in solos, just adding for a complete case for deeming such "cheating" in the specific and formal sense within CoD. Turns out not to be as straightforward a case as using glitches or giving a buddy easy headshots for their camo. Asking someone to prove their case to a reasonable standard should be normal.

I'm not claiming any cabal exists to spread secret signals, just putting forth a devil's advocate position to test the position being put forth. So far, other than "players that team up in solos are annoying", the position hasn't really proven much. I agree they're annoying, just not that they're cheating based on the evidence presented. No one, for example, has shown a website encouraging coordination and giving tips or shown examples of the same players teaming up repeatedly as a deliberate pattern.

The fact remains that they are helping themselves by working together temporarily, and the theory behind such is well established and not cheating unto itself. In a 6 way game of Risk, it is annoying when the 2 players focus on the other 4 before each other, but it's not cheating until you prove they were planning it before the game started and that there's a specific policy within the game forbidding it that is enforced in such a way as to address the behavior. Without that, it's just annoying to others.
Q39ESM Level 75

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-Security-Enforcement-Poli...

Read both "Boosting" and "Griefing". 

Screenshot_20190206-232255_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190206-232611_Chrome.jpg

Weird how you're the only one who wanted/needed to see if it was against the rules, yet I'm the one who had to do your research for you. 🙄

JohnnySasaki22

@JohnnySasaki22 wrote:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-Security-Enforcement-Poli...

Read both "Boosting" and "Griefing". 

Screenshot_20190206-232255_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190206-232611_Chrome.jpg

Weird how you're the only one who wanted/needed to see if it was against the rules, yet I'm the one who had to do your research for you. 🙄

You think it's weird I put the burden of proving your statement on you?  That's standard in the logical world and I apply the same standards to anyone making any claim.

The classic and obvious example of boosting is entering a lobby on opposite sides and just giving the other person an easy target, particularly for headshots or some other achievement that's easier with a willing enemy.  Since game theory shows that helping each other until the end is better for both cooperating players, it's debatable that it truly meets the full punishable definition of boosting.  In poker, the small stacks may not like that the big stacks tend to avoid confrontation until the rest are out, but it's not cheating.

At least per the basic Wikipedia description,(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer), there's a particular line drawn between "griefing" and "cheating" which may also hinder punishment if Acti desires to remain steady in what they punish and how.  I've seen no indication that Acti desires such, just sayin'.  Proving an active effort between players to cooperate beyond circumstantial levels is difficult.

I'm not in favor of players teaming in solos, but the devil's advocate position is too easy to support for me to believe any real punishment is coming.

Q39ESM Level 75

I don't care what you think the "obvious and classic example of boosting" is. Teaming in solos checks off basically every box on boosting. 

"Any user who colludes with another user to exploit the game [check✔] for the purpose of gaining XP [check✔], prestige [check✔], game score [check✔], weapon level, or in game unlock [check✔] is subject to penalty."

There's been countless people who have been banned in other BR games for teaming in solos. This was just the Black Ops 4 general rules, I couldn't find one that was specific to Blackout, so the wording is likely intentionally vague to include all game modes. I'm sure there's ways to boost in Zombies too, but they arent going to sit around and type in every single way you can boost when they can just use broad strokes to cover everything, which they pretty much did.

@Q39ESM wrote: You think it's weird I put the burden of proving your statement on you?  That's standard in the logical world and I apply the same standards to anyone making any claim.

Maybe that's why you never learn anything? Start doing your own research, or stop trying to sound smart by claiming how it "technically isn't in the rules". You only come off sounding both dumb and lazy when I provide the proof for you, especially when you're incapable of reading through the lines and continue to deny the facts. 

JohnnySasaki22
You're missing my actual points, which I have supported, instead simply repeating yourself. If they are using a strategy that legitimately gives each a better chance of accomplishing the goal without, I don't see how it's so definitively "cheating" as to punish with the same certainty as known examples like I brought up earlier (headshots, etc). A tactic or action can be "not in the intended spirit of the game" without being "obvious cheating".

Asking the claimant to provide support for their own statements is normal. While I will and have done my own research, I specifically want to know the particular basis you are using for your particular claim at the particular time.
Q39ESM Level 75

I've given you all the proof that teaming in solos is going against the ToS. The fact you refuse to accept it is your own problem. 

JohnnySasaki22

there are way's to team up in blackout solo playlist without using the party system we know for duo's quad's and multiplayer.

if this is happing on pc there is notting you can against it thats for sure.

for xbox and playstation is a diffrend reason:

that there use the xbox and playstaion party chat options is true and no other game company can block it.

if there enter in party mode and there start the playlist solo that lets call it 3 off then that there join the same blackout match's.

a option to fix this problem it can: only thing to do is go to reddit make the same topic and also post in that topic a idea solution,

it can be that you ask treyarch if there are players in party mode and wane play the solo blackout playlist that there will be split in diffrend match's that if there are 3 players using the concole party chat system and try to join in the same lobby but there see in the end that there are split up in 3 diffrend match's in the solo playlist then you have a solution to fix it.

Spikanor

Studios