Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Anyone getting the infamous error CE-34878-0 on PS4?

So far it has occured twice while playing the Gladiator map on Zombies.

And guess until what game this hadn't happened - Black Ops 3, around 3 years ago (when I randomly had this error appearing while playing Multiplayer).

Yes, I've tried all the possible solutions out there. If you dig up, you will see this error has been plaguing PS4 for 5 years, without any definitive solution.

Anyone else getting it on BO4?

Deleted User
10 REPLIES 10
Im getting same error also, though ive only had it when looking at blackout footage in theater. Its very annoying and hope it gets a fix soon.
LanceC09

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/PlayStation-Error-Code-CE-34878-0#

Question: I keep getting a CE-34878-0 on PlayStation 4. What should I do?

Answer: Error CE-34878-0 is a general error indicating that the game you are currently playing has crashed. If you receive a CE-34878-0 error, you will need to restart the game.

If you continue to receive CE-34878-0 errors, it is an indication that something else is wrong, and you should check to ensure your PlayStation 4 system software and the game you are playing are both up to date. Follow these steps to check for updates:

1. Exit to the PlayStation home screen.
  2. Highlight the game you were playing and press the Options button.
  3. Select Check For Update and allow any game updates to install.
  4. After any updates have finished installing, select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  5. Select System Software Update and allow any system updates to install.
  6. Reboot your PlayStation 4.

If you are still receiving CE-34878-0 errors after updating, try the following suggestions:

• If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then turn off Enable Face Recognition.
    1. From the PlayStation 4 home screen, select Settings.
    2. Select User.
    3. Select Login Settings.
    4. Uncheck Enable Face Recognition.
  • If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your console, please re-install the original HDD.
  • If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then:
    1. From the PlayStation 4 home screen, select Settings.
    2. Select Initialization.
    3. Select Initialize PS4.
Horrorman Level 75

buenas ninguna de las soluciones que han ofrecido funcionan ya las he probado todas tambien le he cambiado el disco duro y nada ,espero que lo solucionen pronto porque esto es de risa que empresas con tanto dinero no sepan solucionar este problema que lleva desde el lanzamiento 

Jose198813

Tienes el problema solo con BO4?

Horrorman Level 75

That error code is a general error code, and indicates corrupt data. So we don't waste each other's time, would you mind briefly stating what you have already tried? This usually does not require a lot of effort to fix.

Rebuilding the database is the easiest fix for this, and almost always fixes the problem. If you have already tried this, and it did not work, it may be time to look at the hard drive itselt, and whether there is a problem with it.   

mygamertagsucks Level 75

He said he already changed the hard drive on his PS4, but it still happens. Smiley Tongue I had, and still have the same problem with BO4, and my hdd has no errors. It is again BO4´s game code, and worst programming ever.

You know this game sums up everything what belongs to "bad" -> bad programming, bad net code, bad optimized....I stop now...

Horrorman Level 75

Oops, my bad! I totally glazed right over that, didnt I. I focused more on the "I have tried everything" part of the post, and wondered what "everything" could possibly be, considering there are only a few possible fixes. 

The one thing that I have found to "help" is to keep only a few games installed on my hard drive. I have only received that error one time, in maybe 5 years of owning my PS4, and every single time, I was running up against hard drive space. One thing I have noticed this game doing, that I did not see with previous CoDs, is that it will download an update of 10GB pretty fast (around 3 minutes), only to take 45 minutes to prepare to install, while getting stuck in a perpetual state of "Copying...X%". 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

As much as I hate speculating, this all brings me back to something I've speculated since the Beta; I do not believe this game was developed with the OG PS4 specs in mind, and unless you have the Pro, or Xbox One X, this game is going to deliver a bad experience. That speculation could have been easily dismissed, or put to rest, with a simple statement from 3arch, or Activision. I don't want to waste time on a futile effort, and BO4 feels like a futile effort on the OG PS4. A game can be optimized for the PS4 Pro without degrading the quality on the regular PS4, but not vice versa. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

I have a PS4 slim. So I cant compare how it runs on a PS4 pro. But just to say, BO4 is the one and only game which makes that much trouble compared to other games on my "normal" PS4.

BF5 runs smooth like butter, again compared to BO4, which when I start it up the fan blows out dust on my PS4 I never thought of having it...just an example...

Horrorman Level 75

Studios