Friend who doesnt own the map pack gets kicked from games, impossible to play with friends now.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Highlighted

I own the season pass but my friend doesnt. Previously when we played together it put us both into a lobby of only the core maps rotation. Now, however it puts us into a game with all the maps and whenever one of the DLC maps gets picked (all the time because they are new obviously) he gets kicked form the game because he doesnt own it. This along with the rolling of all "core" game modes into 4 chunks (probably due to a lack of players to make all the sepearate modes viable) means that it is impossible for us to play together without him buying the season pass... This is disgusting behavior from activision, I dont expect much from them by now but I didnt think they would stoop this low.

Jeffo7557
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yea, happened to me a couple of times over the weekend playing with friends who have the Season Pass and I don't.  After about the third kick they made me the party leader and it stopped.  Make your friend the party leader and that should do it.

Looks like I'll now be FORCED to buy the Season Pass if I want to play the new maps or not get kicked from parties where the party leader has them and I don't.  I agree it's a pretty low blow from the dev's.  They should just make the game $50 bucks more and make it part of the game from the start instead of making it look like more money grubbing after the fact.  This is exactly why I will NEVER by a COD point.  Money Grubbing! 

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75
14 REPLIES 14
If I stand in a queue for the cinema with my family but I'm the only one who doesn't have a ticket then I expect them to kick me out as soon as it comes to walking through the door. I have 2 choices. Go buy a ticket or wait for them to finish watching the film.

If he's a regular playing partner then you should have known he would get kicked from maps he hasn't got...

Those pesky game creator's, stooping so low as to not letting somebody's friend join him for free...

BettySwollax

That is an innacurate analogy im afraid. Its more like us both going to see a film, both have bought tickets, but because he doesnt want to buy snacks he isnt allowed into the same screening as I am.

He isnt trying to play for free, please actually read my post, we are trying to play the non-dlc maps together... which we both own and have payed for.

Jeffo7557
"whenever one of the dlc maps get picked..... he gets kicked from the game because he doesn't own it"

So has he bought a cinema ticket or not?

BettySwollax

Yes... he has... he owns the base game. Up until now when a party has had a member that doesnt own the dlc map pack the group has been put into a non-dlc game. This is seemingly now not the case.

In this analogy, the cinema ticket is what is required to play the game itself, the base game. Anything extra that you may want to buy (a map pack for example) is exactly that, extra.

Im not saying that he should be able to play the DLC maps which you seem to be so hung up on, im saying that it should put us in a group that doesnt have access to them, like it used to before the "Grand Heist"patch.

I wouldnt mind so much if this had always been the case, its the fact that they have changed it to try to get people to buy more extra content.

Jeffo7557
So he doesn't own a ticket....

If you are together, whether the maps are up in rotation or not sometimes you will be on different settings so in effect the other who doesn't own it gets kicked... And rightly so..it's reading that you have them and he doesn't...

It's not to get people to buy extra content as the content was always going to be in play.. it's a case of all or nothing trying to make it easier to filter lobbies and games...

1 set of players with maps etc in one section and 1 that doesn't own them in another.. not selling seperate gives them the notion that they don't have too much messing in sorting lobbies... Ultimately that's been a downfall imo..

BettySwollax

By that logic, if you insist on using this ticket analogy, to go to a screening of a film you have to buy a ticket to see it (the base game, yes that is the ticket as its what you buy to play) but then to be allowed in with your friends unless you buy every little thing that is offered to you as well? Would you also claim that the microtransactions are mandatory to play the game too? What happened to DLC being optional... If it isnt and what you claim is true, as in that you have to buy all the DLC to actually be allowed to play the game at all, then this game currently costs £100 (for the edition that includes the season pass)... for an online only game that is truly ridiculous.

Jeffo7557

Look friend, I am not looking for an argument. I am looking for someone to tell me how I can play this game with my friend (like we have done since its launch) without him suddenly having to buy the DLC.

Jeffo7557

It's been like this for a fair while now. Party host determines the maps that are searched for.

If he has DLC then the game searches for DLC maps as well and it boots everyone out who doesn't have the maps.
It's been like that for a few games now this is nothing new.

Just make your friend party host and you'll be able to play all day long. This isn't anything new to the series. I honestly think it goes way back to the beginning the difference being pretty much everyone bought the DLC maps when the game was at it's peak.

The last few years people haven't been jumping at the chance to buy DLC maps so they are coming to the realization of this game feature (which is fair) Your friend bought the base game and no DLC, thus he is allowed to play the base game and that is all. New Maps cost money (always have) they just screwed everyone by ONLY having a season pass this time around.

So instead of 60$ for 16 Maps (iif you bought them all) 15$ per map pack.
It's now 50$ for 12 Maps....that release 2 maps every 2.5-3 months.
---

I don't really see any issue with how this works. Just make him party host, I assume this is the first game you've played or at the very least the first game you've played in which you or one of your buddies didn't have the maps while the other person did.
There has never been an instance in which you could cheese the system and actually just bring friends along into the new maps simply because you had them.
---
The CLOSEST thing we had to that was being able to hand over login information and download the DLC from your friends account for free (which they've since removed for a long time now)

EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY
You are asking how you both can play together when one doesnt have the maps.... Since things have changed I think it's blatantly obvious which is the main point...

There's possibly a way of you both playing all the maps even though your mate doesnt have them.. I haven't tried the method to do it to say for certain.. it's worked on all the other cods I've tried it on but I haven't had any reason to try it on this one....
BettySwollax

Studios