Friend who doesnt own the map pack gets kicked from games, impossible to play with friends now.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Yea, happened to me a couple of times over the weekend playing with friends who have the Season Pass and I don't.  After about the third kick they made me the party leader and it stopped.  Make your friend the party leader and that should do it.

Looks like I'll now be FORCED to buy the Season Pass if I want to play the new maps or not get kicked from parties where the party leader has them and I don't.  I agree it's a pretty low blow from the dev's.  They should just make the game $50 bucks more and make it part of the game from the start instead of making it look like more money grubbing after the fact.  This is exactly why I will NEVER by a COD point.  Money Grubbing! 

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75

@Im_Old_School wrote:

Yea, happened to me a couple of times over the weekend playing with friends who have the Season Pass and I don't.  After about the third kick they made me the party leader and it stopped.  Make your friend the party leader and that should do it.

Looks like I'll now be FORCED to buy the Season Pass if I want to play the new maps or not get kicked from parties where the party leader has them and I don't.  I agree it's a pretty low blow from the dev's.  They should just make the game $50 bucks more and make it part of the game from the start instead of making it look like more money grubbing after the fact.  This is exactly why I will NEVER by a COD point.  Money Grubbing! 

TBH... this is how it functioned as far back as COD4.

But I don't see this as "money grubbing"... it's a matchmaking issue.You already know how to address it, so, you're not being forced into anything.Playlist fracturing has been a huge issue in previous titles. IMO... this should have been addressed by making the season pass for weapons and other stuff with maps made free. But the community would then complain it's P2W.

ATVI is a public company that wants to maximize their revenue from an IP they have poured millions of dollars into developing and marketing.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

In the past (started online with MW3) to get maps, we've been given the option either get them by the Season Pass or to purchase which map packs you wanted separately.  I have always done it separately as the last map pack generally comes out only about a month or so before the new title is released so I never bought them and just put that money toward the new title.  I get what I want and save a "little" money by doing it that way.  With this title I AM being forced to buy the Season Pass if I want the maps.  I'm not saying it's the end of the world, my opinon is it's seems a little left of center to me.  Maybe because I expected it to be like the past and I'm set off somewhat by the fact that now I am forced to do what I haven't been forced to do in the past.  It's purely personal.  That and the peer pressure of my Clan mates with the Season Pass riding my azz to get with the program is ridiculous! Smiley LOL   I'll buy the Season Pass because I want the maps.  I don't have to like it though.  And I would like it noted I'm doing it under protest! 

In the past I don't ever remember getting physically kicked from the party by not having the maps.  If I was in a party where the others had them and I didn't we just didn't play those maps.  Matchmaking just put us on the maps we all had regardless of who the party leader was.  It never, that I can remember, kicked any of us from the party.  That's just compounded it for me. 

I agree with your comment on the Season Pass and free maps.  People would go nuts and claim ATVI were a bunch of Money-Grubbers!

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75

I know it kicked you in COD4. Had buddy who didn't get the maps and would get kicked from the party and lobby  I think in MW2... you would get a flag in the lobby if someone didn't have the map (and they would get the boot if it loaded). Think you are right that MW3 started allowing people to buy specific maps and started the issue of fracturing. It made it prohibitive to actually own all the maps because of the diluted player pool.

I can appreciate feeling like you are forced to buy something... but as someone who has the maps... it's equally frustrating to not have the maps show up in rotation. They need a better solution.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75
Ya you'd definitely get some sort of notice (I think BO2 did it as well) but the older games usually everyone had them besides the occasional friend in your party who didn't play a ton or didn't want to pay for maps as usually they weren't all good.

I know for the longest time if someone in the party didn't have them it did it's best to just find similar lobbies of people that didn't have them. Then it slowly switched over to party host (which is also how the SBMM worked in BO2)
At least they were true map packs that "only" cost 15$ so if you bought it you had all 4. Now the game is incredibly splintered some people have all 4 maps. some have 2 maps....I have 3 because my season pass decided I was only allowed to have one them because I paused and started the install back up to readjust it's install time and maybe it just downloaded one instead)

EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

Studios