How to improve Call of Duty for competitive players and content creators

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Highlighted

Hey guys,

I am currently coming to the end of my Games Design and Development degree and have been contemplating a competitive career in eSports, or to become a content creator. Specifically as a Call of Duty Player. As a games developer and hardcore gamer, I would like to send you some suggestions on what I believe could help the next Call of Duty game dominate eSports once again.

Firstly, I believe that Twitch/YouTube events are crucial for boosting viewership, rebuilding the community and helping competitive players/content creators. For this, I would propose weekly/ fortnightly events (similar to Keemstar's Fortnite events), where Friday nights would consist of a Pro 10's tournament. For this, pro players will enter their name into a draw (perhaps even include their preferred role to even out the teams), and all names will be drawn to create X amount of teams consisting of five random pro's. I feel this would be a fun event for the pro's to play in, but also give the community a chance to see their favourite player's teaming up together. The prize pool would consist of first place: $20,000, second place: $10,000 and third place: $5,000. The prize money adds more incentive for the players to go and win every event. As mentioned before, this strategy worked for Fortnite and meant many competitive player's (Nickmercs was a Gears of War pro, Tim The TatMan was an Overwatch pro) would start playing Fortnite full time, and by extension this meant that their communities also followed, further increasing Fortnite's popularity. Saturday nights could potentially be an AM tournament as well, with lower prize pools. This helps amateurs to get scouted by pro teams, allows them to experience the pressure of a competitive tournament and give players an extra reason to grind Call of Duty since there's a chance they could one day feature in one of these tournaments. Perhaps the winner of the AM tournament gets put into the pro tournament the following week.

Adding on, I would suggest allowing the community to help fund events. This could be done by releasing pro team themed weapon camo's, player skins and blackout items, with a percentage of sales going towards the prize pool.

Additionally, skill-based matchmaking needs to be implemented from the beginning as it helps to make the jump from a PUB player to a competitive player. It adds extra incentive to grind COD all day since there's a chance that you can play with pro's online if you make it to the top division.

Finally, content creators should be supported. An example is how Fortnite allows players to use a creator code, with X amount of the sale going to that content creator. I feel this would hugely benefit the game and would encourage many player's to make the transition to Call of Duty, helping Call of Duty to once again be the number one game. I'm sorry for the long message, I'm just trying to help.

Thank you.

TheSpeedyOne
4 REPLIES 4

ENOUGH WITH F*&%ING FORTNITE! Trying to compare that to other games, ESPECUALLY COD is like trying to compare a stick to the freaking sun! The mode you think Fortnite is isn't even the REAL game.

As for the competitive stuff, maybe if people would calm down and remember its a GAME things would be better. The worst thing to ever come outta online gaming is competitive stuff, all it does is breed the "i'm better then you" mentality and draws out the worst in people.

VorxDargo
Clearly, you didn't read the full message since you think I compared COD to Fortnite. I used Fortnite as an example to show how they built up a large community, which is by investing in competitive play which attracted many content creators and their respective communities.

As for the competitive stuff, every sport and eSport has a competitive side to it because a lot of people actually enjoy playing and watching competitive play. Hence why games like Dota, LoL, Fortnite, CSGO and more are so popular, because people love watching the pro teams face off. I don't understand why that bothers you so much.
TheSpeedyOne

@TheSpeedyOne wrote:
Clearly, you didn't read the full message since you think I compared COD to Fortnite. I used Fortnite as an example to show how they built up a large community, which is by investing in competitive play which attracted many content creators and their respective communities.

As for the competitive stuff, every sport and eSport has a competitive side to it because a lot of people actually enjoy playing and watching competitive play. Hence why games like Dota, LoL, Fortnite, CSGO and more are so popular, because people love watching the pro teams face off. I don't understand why that bothers you so much.

And have you seen the common competitive gamer? Or god help you, played with them? The toxic BS that they let fly is enough to drive most people away.

Having something to play towards is fine, but when it turns competitive then things get nasty. Very nasty.

But then again you seem like the type to be one of these people so, deft ears and all that..

VorxDargo
It's funny how you don't know me yet you assume I'm a toxic person because I enjoy competitive play. I've met, and played, with many competitive players who aren't toxic. But clearly competitive isn't for you.
TheSpeedyOne

Studios