If you join a lobby finish the game!

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Is there a better feeling than dropping into a match in which the team you join is getting wholloped and you are able to carry them back and win. 

Some of my best games, even in losses, have come in bad situations like this.

So sad that people face a little adversity and run away with their tails between their legs.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I there was better match making based on level / Skill / time played then there would be a lot less people leaving lobbies. People are playing to enjoy themselves, there’s nothing remotely fun about joining a game with 2 or 3 ball sweating try hard level 873832 Master walkers  trying to spawn trap from the word go against 5 players on first prestige. And do not tell me you stick around when you late join a game to see your team being destroyed and killstreaks being thrown up all over the place 

Dublinjonny
Agree add in the lag and other broken things in the game and it not worth it to stay and get spawn killed non stop.

People forget the game is supposed to be fun, strangely I don’t really find this game fun, not like BO3 which I liked playing even when we were getting smashed it was still fun to run at them and take as many down as possible. With this game there are too many wtf moments.

I really thought Treyach were the ones who could pull this off instead each update is making the game worse.
WesternKnight

No thank you.

I play this game for enjoyment. I don't play for stats or any other goofy ***** like that. If I consistenly kill 2-3 people and my team still loses over and over again with a numbers advantage? I will leave the game. I don't mind an attack helicopter or whatever, but if my team is feeding scorestreaks like a strike team/gunship, I will leave the game. If the game is a laggy mess, I will leave the game. If my team cannot break a simple spawn trap? I will leave the game.

Why should I stay? What do I gain from staying? XP and tier XP? Not worth dealing with idiot teammates and getting farmed. You can stay and be a "man" all want. I will go join a different and more fun lobby.

IamBojack
Highlighted

Is there an enjoyable lobby anymore! F@@@ this game! The matchmaking sucks!

BLZOMBIESLAYER

I'm not one for quitting a match. But this game I've been using the quit button a lot. Mainly for 2 reasons.

1. Laggy lobby....usually and without being racist about it. When all I hear in chat is spanish I kind of cringe knowing the lobby is going to lag all to hell.  But I still give it a go. Soon as I see team mates and enemies skipping around I bail. 

2. I play mainly HC.  When I am consistently getting TK I bounce.  2-3 team mates just blindly firing at what ever moves.  No thanks. 

Last one makes me wish they would bring back HC with ricochet 

Playgroundhunter
I see your points. Well thought out arguments for either side. I hate to be a thorn in anyone's side. May be why i dont level very fast lol. Keep getting ***** lobbies and stick em out. Oh well, back to the grind.

View solution in original post

AdamsKiller101

I think the thing everyone in this discussion needs to consider is that you are either part of the problem or part of the solution here.

We've all gotten into lobbies that just SUCK. Bad connections, Bad teammates, Lopsided score, Unfair matchups, Cheaters, Glitchers, Boosters... I get it. It happens and the thing we should all be united on is holding the Devs accountable to minimize those issues. They can minimize connection issues by continually updating and improving their servers and improving their code. They can try to matchmake fairly based on stats (this is somewhat of a controversial issue as to if that improves or worses the experience), they can ban cheaters and tighten security. 

But I'd argue that we as gamers have some responsibility here, too. We create our own issues.Yes, you absolutely have the right to leave a match. I think anyone who comes on here and claims never to have done so is lying through their Cheetos-stained teeth. But the thing is, if you do this often, you are making the experience worse for other players at the same time. For one, you are hurting those in that lobby with you, and most probably don't deserve it. They want to have fun, too, and it's hard to do that when lobbies are empty or the other teams forfeit all the time. More importantly, you hurt players who are in matchmaking by creating openings in already started matches. Because you left, they now have to fill your spot to keep those lobbies alive. So you put another player in the unenviable position of being thrown into a lobby where the team you abandoned is getting destroyed. 

Yeah, you have the right to leave, folks. But you are also part of a community. When you join a match, you are agreeing to be a part of that match with the expectation of seeing it through. When you quit, you don't live up to that and put others in a bad position.

This probably doesn't mean much to folks, gamers tend to be somewhat selfish, but I think OnLine gaming would be a little better if we all tried to have a little more consideration for others. The irony is that the folks who quit a lot are probably the same ones who complain about joining lobbies in progress and other players leaving early.  The respectful thing to do is change your tactics and see your way through the match unless the situation is just absolutely untenable. When you finish, you can leave from the lobby or stick around with the understanding that the next match is a whole new ballgame in which the tables just might turn. Lobby hopping just makes the situation worse for everyone.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

@NiceDrewishFela wrote:

I think the thing everyone in this discussion needs to consider is that you are either part of the problem or part of the solution here.

We've all gotten into lobbies that just SUCK. Bad connections, Bad teammates, Lopsided score, Unfair matchups, Cheaters, Glitchers, Boosters... I get it. It happens and the thing we should all be united on is holding the Devs accountable to minimize those issues. They can minimize connection issues by continually updating and improving their servers and improving their code. They can try to matchmake fairly based on stats (this is somewhat of a controversial issue as to if that improves or worses the experience), they can ban cheaters and tighten security. 

But I'd argue that we as gamers have some responsibility here, too. We create our own issues.Yes, you absolutely have the right to leave a match. I think anyone who comes on here and claims never to have done so is lying through their Cheetos-stained teeth. But the thing is, if you do this often, you are making the experience worse for other players at the same time. For one, you are hurting those in that lobby with you, and most probably don't deserve it. They want to have fun, too, and it's hard to do that when lobbies are empty or the other teams forfeit all the time. More importantly, you hurt players who are in matchmaking by creating openings in already started matches. Because you left, they now have to fill your spot to keep those lobbies alive. So you put another player in the unenviable position of being thrown into a lobby where the team you abandoned is getting destroyed. 

Yeah, you have the right to leave, folks. But you are also part of a community. When you join a match, you are agreeing to be a part of that match with the expectation of seeing it through. When you quit, you don't live up to that and put others in a bad position.

This probably doesn't mean much to folks, gamers tend to be somewhat selfish, but I think OnLine gaming would be a little better if we all tried to have a little more consideration for others. The irony is that the folks who quit a lot are probably the same ones who complain about joining lobbies in progress and other players leaving early.  The respectful thing to do is change your tactics and see your way through the match unless the situation is just absolutely untenable. When you finish, you can leave from the lobby or stick around with the understanding that the next match is a whole new ballgame in which the tables just might turn. Lobby hopping just makes the situation worse for everyone.

I'd like to agree with your post.  Facts are facts Activision/3arc will do nothing to fix lag. All they want is to sell copies of the game and micro transaction. It is why they run the game on peer to peer servers.  Saves them money.  

I pay way to much for my internet. To be stuck in lobbies with people playing on sub-par internet or household wifi is bs. It isn't that hard to add into the match making pre-lobbies a ping meter for each person on the side. And people can decide if they want to play with red bars.  

Had a match the other day that I left. An enemie player took 3 full bursts from the swordfish in HC...thats right 3. Before the game decided to register that person should be dead. Mid range btw.  Who the hell wants to play against that BS.  Not me that is for sure. 

Hell when you log into the game it has connecting to servers at the start. When it is doing that it can be set to test your ping and stick red bars with red bars.  And they can have all the fun in the world lag skipping around the map together. 

Playgroundhunter
Not sure you read a word of what I wrote.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios