Just Installed BO4, keeps crashing

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Laptop: MSi GS65 Stealth

Specs: Intel i7-8750H, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1070 Max Q

I just bought Black Ops 4 yesterday and installed it last night, however whenever I try to start it up it runs for a few seconds and then closes without a crash error or anything. I opened up task manager and saw that my CPU usage goes to 100% while this happens, but i don't see a reason why this should be happening as I meet all of the reccomended specs for running the game. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and run into the same problem, but if I start it in safe mode sometimes I can get all the way into loading into a multiplayer game and it closes when the loading screen comes up. I have scanned and repaired the game through Blizzard multiple times, along with making sure that my drivers are up to date on both my CPU and GPU. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Dovlerone
5 REPLIES 5

Update: Saw people on this board talking about AHK files being the issue, i've checked my task manager and could not find any visible, is there anything else they could be shown as?

Dovlerone

AHK files, as far as I know, are AutoHotKey script files. The files themselves are just text files but for the script to work you need the AutoHotKey program, Check your processes and see if it's running at windows Start up. It may be needed if you have one of those expensive keyboards with a million hotkeys on them. Which is doubtful on a laptop.

If it's running it's process will be AutoHotKey.exe in the processes tab.

The AutoHotKey.exe file is found in your windows program files under a sub file. More than likely a file named AutoHotKey

It can also be used by malware or any other nasties as a disguise and will be in your C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder. If you find it there...remove it as soon as possible. Altthough, I doubt this is the case.

Good luck.

Somewhere, there is a signature so funny that reading it will cause an aneurism. This is not that signature.
P34nut

Yeah I couldn't find anything under that name running in background processes or in my actual windows files, thank you anyways.

Dovlerone
same problem have you found a solution?
FancyRodriguez
Highlighted

Nope, not yet sadly. Spend probably an hour and a half on the activision support live chat and went through all of the suggested solutions that they had. Nothing fixed it, basically the guy said to keep up to date with the activision/treyarch pc/support twitter accounts and the bo4 pc reddit board and to be patient in waiting for a fix. Can only hope that they are actually taking what the community is saying and working on a solution because there are quite a few people with this problem.

Dovlerone

Studios