Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

First a disclaimer...yes I do suck...Ok, played a game yesterday Multi KC. My whole team was getting destroyed. Spawn trapping, score streaks all over in the first couple of minutes. I think the score was like 21 to 3. Running out of spawn...dead. I checked my wifi was pinging 50-100. I left, as did most of my team. Went to a new game pinging 30 to 50, A different story. I am so done playing these games that are lagging like this. From now on the first thing I am going to do is check the ping, over 50 and I am out. That game was a joke and unplayable.  

cmdishr
4 REPLIES 4
in reply to cmdishr

If you're on PS4 you can change your DNS to 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1.

I did this and it massively improved the lag on the game.

If this doesn't help then maybe you need to do a port forward on your router.

LFCFOREVER86
in reply to cmdishr

Thanks...Ill try setting the DNS. I did forward the ports. The thing is sometimes, in a good game I am maybe a 2 ekia/d. Then the next game it will be like .3 until I either throw the contoller or quit the game. When this happens I see a huge difference in payability. Instant deaths, hit markers not registering. I check the ping in all games now .  good games around 30 to 50. Bad games 50 to 70. 

cmdishr
in reply to cmdishr

I think most of the community gets this. One game I can melt people, the next I can't hit a barn door or get many kills. It is really infuriating.

LFCFOREVER86
in reply to cmdishr

Its a shame you have to spend so much to play this game.  You need to buy a $200 to $300 router just to keep the host in your area.  I am in NC and in between 2 dedicated servers in ATL and NY when ping is 20 to 30.  But never on those servers.  Why is the game always trying to connect overseas or some sever in CA.

djaran

Studios