Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

@TheGLORY wrote:

Very few people on these forums admit they aren't that good at the game. 

I will admit I am crap, I have good games and bad games.

Often depends on what country I end up playing in, quite often France and Germany lately, and connection isn't always marvellous ( that's my excuse anyway )

But very rarely will I pull out of a game, unless something comes up, even when getting my a*se spanked

imeach
That's credit to you though..

In my game mode, I'd take a bunch of players my level with my game objective mentality regardless of playing solo or team over playing with players of all levels who instantly quit when things aren't going to plan...

A lot of people think it's just the rubbish players who are the ones that jump but that's false.. you would be surprised how many decent players quit when they get found out during a game. They up sticks and move onto the next lobby till they drop on one they can dominate.. rinse and repeat for those guys.. whereas most of the average players will just connect and play and don't give a hoots who, what, where, when and why when it comes to the lobbies...

The main thing is players have fun and sometimes some forget that you can actually lose, take a trouncing or whatever and still enjoy the game you've just played in...
BettySwollax
in reply to BettySwollax

I don't think I've ever taken a beating and gone "well that was exciting"

Typically I still do decent but I've been in TDM lobbies where we've lost 75-35 with me account for 30 of the kills and 3 of the deaths and no matter how good I did, at no point are those matches actually fun because they amount to you running around inside a building and basically camping from kill streaks (since this game has decided any sort of Cold Blooded perk that grants true immunity to air streaks was apparently a bad idea)

At least in Past games even older BO games but definitely MW games...You could just stick on Cold Blooded/Ghost which ever happened to hide you from streaks completely and go about your business which honestly could lead to you still winning, in BO4 there's no real hiding. Granted I can't be asked to actually shoot down streaks either. I've carried too many teams to victory but I sure as hell am not going to take deaths for the sake of my teammates, they gave up the streaks they can shoot them the F down as far as I'm concerned. Their enjoyment of the game is non of my concern I hope they get run into the ground so hard they never touch it again (which is also what I like to attempt to do to the other team haha)

EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY
I've had many a close games, win, lose or draw and done awful kill wise but collected 10/12 + captures. The games were none stop, take a capture, lose a capture and played how I think Dom should be played which is where the enjoyment comes.
BettySwollax
in reply to BettySwollax

@BettySwollax wrote:
The main thing is players have fun and sometimes some forget that you can actually lose, take a trouncing or whatever and still enjoy the game you've just played in...
That's just it.  You have to be flexible in what kind of fun your hoping to have.  If I start a match from the beginning then I have several ideas of what kind of fun I'm going to have.  As the match progresses my ideas of fun start to narrow and I have to start re-evaluating.  Sometimes it ends up being fun hiding out in a corner and shooting them as they run by or crawing up in a bush and just watching them run by!  Hey, fun for ME! 

If I get dropped into a match I have no idea of what type of fun I'm going to expect to have.  What my fun potential is going to be is immediately determined by score, if and how bad my team is getting beat and how many streaks are in the air.  If it's bad on my end and it's enemy streaks all around then my fun becomes running for the the back of the map for the duration with a FMJ1&2 Titan/Rocket Class shooting everything down.  At that point I could care less about how many times I get killed (scorewise the game is already over.  Me dying over and over just helps get it over faster).  Just last night fell into a real stinker.  Attack Helo and Snipers nest up when I dropped in.  Jumped off the map, changed over to my Titan, spawned in and shot them both down.  No sooner had I finished they called in another Snipers Nest.  Shot it down without it getting off a shot.  Then here comes a Strike Team.  Blew it up about the time they exited the doors and killed them.  (their bodies fell right in front of me.  Those guys have some cool outfits!).  See at that point I'm now having a BLAST!  Because I know I'm enraging the players who have gone HAM the whole game to string together enough kills to FINALLY get their hard earned streak and are all excited and proud of themselves for calling this sheet in only for me to turn it back into Blue Sky before it can do anything!  Now it's not the fun I'd hope to have but in cases like this...it's sometimes better!  

Fun is as Fun does...     

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75
in reply to Harlock1207

Last time I checked this was a video game. It isn't some great insight into your character. Connection sucks, lag awful, teams unbalanced....later. I am not wasting my time getting smoked in some video game because "I dont quit" screw that, I  play games to have fun....that aint fun. Mainly due to lag. Instant death that makes the sound of a sniper but turns out to be a smg because the lag is so bad you only heard one shot. Running around with a shotgun shoot three times and die...Kill cam shows I didnt shoot at all? I aint staying for that. You want to stay in those bull***** games, be my guest. Put it on your next resume. "I stay in my BO4 matches no matter what because I aint a quitter!!" yeah ok. 

cmdishr
Of you climb down from your soap box for a second, you will see he's made no comment
in his gripe regardingg connection therefore he doesn't suffer from that when he's taking a beating.. hence the title of the thread.... "matchmaking"
BettySwollax
Highlighted
I have no idea where you are located in the world to even begin to guess connection issues (europe has it's issues because of the lack of servers through out mainland europe)

North America/Asia are the same way.

Now obviously some of your statements are exaggerations as is the standard for these forums for people to prove their point.
I'll comment on them anyways.

There isn't a single SMG that sounds like a sniper. None what so ever.
Shotguns to begin with are minimum 2 shot kills UNLESS you are absolutely point blank range but both of them turn into min 2 shots are a pretty quick range so you're already at a disadvantage.
---
Now just a general statement, your connection issues are from 1 of 2 things.

You're connecting to a hub site that's entirely too far away from you compared to who else is in the lobby (could just be bad luck on your end....or you're in a mixed location party which has never been a viable idea in any cod)
2. Your connection is utter crap.
---
Personally (and again this is PERSONALLY) I have a pretty good connection and I'm about an hour and a half away from the nearest server hub (from what I can gather) and I rarely have lag issues whether on my end....or the enemies end. Sure could be luck as there are people here like Betty who has good connections while his neighbor with the same ISP struggles for no reason what so ever to have no issues.
---

I can understand potentially hearing only 1 shot because of lag but nothing to say it sounded like a sniper from an SMG shot let alone "instant" killing you considering unless they are close range it's taking 6-8 shots in order for an SMG to kill you at any range to speak of.
If the connections are so incredibly bad that it's a common occurrence, you either need to check your own connection or figure out what the closest server to you is based on your location and find the best times for you in terms of connections.
TheGLORY

I hear one thud and I think sniper. I only hear one bullet and it turns out he hit me 3 or 4 times, the gun is irrelevant but it does sound exctly like the sniper OSK. The relevance is I hear one bullet when there were actually 3 or 4. Soap Box? I aint preaching. It's more like a rant. I am just saying all this crap about people quitting and not staying until the end is just that, crap and he assumed he was getting slautered because of matchmaking. I have died in gunfights because I am too slow or because I was too stupid and that is fine but there are times I am getting smoked when I should have at least had a couple of hit markers and got nothing...thats not matchmaking

cmdishr

At least you admit that much so you get some credit.

Majority of people who complain about matchmaking are usually just not good at the game.
Even with that being the case the people they are playing are also not good at the game, they are either in a party while the other person isn't...or they are just marginally better but could very well in the next 20 games get utterly smacked by someone who's actually good.

They removed public combat records because peoples feelings would get hurt in one way or the other. so now the community is back to "OMG OMG it's a high prestige thus he is insanely good at the game and it's unfair" When in reality they just have 9 days played.

Most players in this game whether they are level 55 no prestige or 10th Prestige 55 or even master prestige are going to be around a 1 k/d it's been that way for a decade now and it hasn't change in BO4. The "good" players are few and far between. I've personally run into about 15-20 players in around 800-900 games in BO4 that had near or at 2 k/d. and maybe around 20-40 who were fairly above a 1 k/d (1.40-1.7).

People just really really hate to admit that they aren't very good while admitting the people they are playing against aren't very good either.

TheGLORY

Studios