Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

We've all seen that Call of Duty has become more and more about greed with all the micro-transactions they continuously add and there is a way to make it stop...STOP WASTING MONEY ON THEM!!!  If everyone stops wasting money on them then the developers/publishers will put more time to improving areas that need improvement and at least some of the items from the micro-transactions could possibly be free to unlock in-game by completing challenges.

Big Boi STL#2052626
7 REPLIES 7
in reply to Big Boi STL#2052626

@Big Boi STL#2052626 wrote:

We've all seen that Call of Duty has become more and more about greed with all the micro-transactions they continuously add and there is a way to make it stop...STOP WASTING MONEY ON THEM!!!  If everyone stops wasting money on them then the developers/publishers will put more time to improving areas that need improvement and at least some of the items from the micro-transactions could possibly be free to unlock in-game by completing challenges.

I'm gonna dumb $100 into the game <3

ThotKiller666#5296545

Here, here!

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
It won't stop yet. I haven't spent a penny on them but people do and will.
I get what your saying but convincing millions of people to stop spending money on them is impossible let alone the few on a forum.
Dante2k Level 75

They're here to stay unless the govt steps in and from a couple articles I've been reading here and there that might not be too far from happening.

Rivet_Skull

I agree with most people here. To try and convince millions not to spend money on supply drops, on the forums, won't go too far. The only way I see it happening is if ,like someone stated earlier, the Govt. steps in.

And in all honesty, or at least my perception, the only way they even could attack it is from the premise of underage gambling. In a sense you are spending real money at a chance for a prize( jackpot) which most states you have to be 18 to do so.

This would furthur be hard to make "stick" as for one the game does have a ESRB rating of adult I think???? Honestly haven't bought a disc copy of COD in a while so don't know. However the game is not labeled for "kids" so that would fall through as the parents had to purchase it and by that they are agreeing to all laws, rules and regulations that come along with it, INCLUDING micro transactions.

Two the majority of people buying supply drops are of age to do so. So again the 1st point of convincing people that the focus on variants is taken away from what should be devs prime focus, the optimization and performance of the game, is to put it lightly, a lost cause.

People would rather have a new shiny than to get a full functioning game now a days. Sad but true, look at other games now too. They are starting to focus more on "content" or "items" than perfomance as well.

But if anyone actually ever comes up with a way to get this rolling, I'm down. Just feel we are spinning wheels at this point.

th3takeout
Really 99% of the community could not spend a penny on MTX, but the Whales and Dolphins are going to pump in so much money all by themselves it's not going to stop anything. The only way to actually end things like MTX is for the community to go Dolphin and Whale hunting kind of like that one South Park episode in which the Japanese were killing all the whales and dolphins because of nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
ligas81

@Big Boi STL#2052626 wrote:

Nothing forces a player to purchase them.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Studios